BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RW - Netflix Documentary Series (2023), Robbie Williams - Netflix Documentary Series
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post 24th July 2022, 08:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

Is it true !! unsure.gif , I recently watched the LG documentary & it was quite good

LIFE THRU A LENS Robbie Williams to let cameras into his home for a tell-all documentary, 20 years after his last one

HE has some of the best stories in showbiz and soon Robbie Williams will be sharing them. The singer has signed a deal to make a documentary about his life. It is being put together by some of the people who worked on his rival Liam Gallagher’s 2019 film As It Was.

Robbie has already been followed by cameras for the project, which has been in the works for a few months. A music insider said: “Robbie is one of the most entertaining men in music and the documentary will be hilarious and heart- felt in equal measure. "He has been through a hell of a lot and battled lots of demons in his personal life.
But he’s also had an incredible career in music, started a family and racked up plenty of celebrity anecdotes, so there will be loads to talk about in the documentary.”. Robbie, whose debut solo album was 1997’s Life Thru A Lens, has done a documentary before, Nobody Someday, which was released 20 years ago.

As well as the new one-off special, Robbie has been working on his biopic, Better Man, in Australia. He will star in it alongside Gavin & Stacey’s Alison Steadman and Inside No.9 actor Steve Pemberton. It is being directed by The Greatest Showman filmmaker Michael Gracey and is due out at the end of 2023 or early 2024. Robbie next album, XXV, will be released in September. On Saturday I told how the singer will be branching out with skincare line, Hopeium, this year. And in May, Robbie also took a step into the art world by exhibiting his black and white paintings, with his creative partner Ed Godrich, at Sotheby’s in London.

After more than three decades in music, I wouldn’t blame Robbie for wanting to retreat from the spotlight for the quiet life. But given all of the plates he is spinning at the moment, I can’t see that happening any time soon.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/...ry-inside-home/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th July 2022, 05:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I hope Rob speaks about his song-writing in the documentary , it's something he does not do often enough, it always drifts into silly carry-on

I was looking for interviews where he does talk about his music & found this one from Take The Crown promo - link below

https://www.universal-music.de/robbie-willi...iew-2012-285964

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th July 2022, 07:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams to reportedly appear in new documentary about his life and career, It's being made by the same production company behind Liam Gallagher's film, 'As It Was'

Robbie Williams is reportedly set to appear in a new documentary about his life and career. The film, which will be a television documentary, is reportedly being made by the same production company behind Liam Gallagher’s 2019 film, As It Was, and has been in the works for several months. As reported in The Sun, a source close to the project said: “Robbie is one of the most entertaining men in music and the documentary will be hilarious and heart-felt in equal measure. He has been through a hell of a lot and battled lots of demons in his personal life. “But he’s also had an incredible career in music, started a family, and racked up plenty of celebrity anecdotes, so there will be loads to talk about in the documentary.” Williams last did a fly-on-the-wall documentary about his life almost 20 years ago.

Williams is also set to appear in a new biopic about his life, Better Man, which is directed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey. Speaking about the project to Deadline previously, Gracey said: “As for how we represent Robbie in the film, that bit is top secret. I want to do this in a really original way. “I remember going to the cinema as a kid and there were films that blew me away and made me say as I sat there in the cinema, ‘I’ve never seen this before’. I just want the audience to have that feeling.’ Gracey added: “All I can say is the approach is top secret, but the goal is to generate that feeling I just described. It’s this fantastical story, and I want to represent it in its harsh reality all the way to these moments of pure fantasy. “Unlike some people who were born prodigies or musical geniuses and you follow the narrative of the world catching up to their brilliance, this isn’t that story.” Explaining why he was drawn to the project, Gracey said he was interested by Robbie being “that every man” who “dreamed big and followed those dreams and they took him to an incredible place”. He said: “He’s not the best singer, or dancer, and yet, he managed to sell 80 million records worldwide. “You can relate to the guy who doesn’t see himself as having any extraordinary talent, even though of course, he does. What he did have is the will, vision and confidence to say, I’m going to pursue my dream.”

A release date for the project is yet to be confirmed.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/robbie-willi...-career-3276194

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th August 2022, 01:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Netflix Sets Robbie Williams Doc Series As Anne Mensah Doubles Down On UK Market — Edinburgh TV Festival

Netflix has put a doc series about British pop superstar Robbie Williams into production, as its UK original series chief Anne Mensah doubled down on the streamer’s commitment to the UK despite the coming cost of living crisis and concerns over share price drop impacts. The multi-part music doc will launch in 2023 will contain exclusive access to Williams and is billed as “an unfiltered, in-depth examination of a global icon and natural-born-entertainer who had to navigate the highs and lows of being in the limelight for more than 30 years.”

It will look at the media scrutiny that has followed the former Take That singer’s career, his relationship with adulation and addiction and his professional and personal break ups. Footage captured over more than 25 years will be included in the no-holds-barred look at the entertainer and will reveal a more nuanced and multifaceted character.

He’s really willing to go there,” said Nelesh Dhand, Manager of Documentary Series during a Netflix UK session at the Edinburgh TV Festival today, adding that Williams had been followed by film crews almost constantly since leaving Take That in 1995.

Joe Pearlman, who made the lauded BBC music doc Bros: After the Screaming Stops will direct, with Asif Kapadia (Amy, Diego Maradona, Senna) and Dominic Crossley-Holland (The Love of Money) are executive producers and Ridley Scott Creative Group’s new unscripted arm RSA in producing in conjunction with RPW Productions and ie:music.

The show marks RSA’s first production. Doc maker Crossley-Holland leads the unit, with Louis Mole from Pulse Films joining as Head of Programming and Development.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/netflix-robbie...sah-1235098106/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th August 2022, 01:11 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams Documentary Series Headed to Netflix

Photo Leo Baron

Netflix is in production on a documentary series about British pop singer and former Take That member, Robbie Williams.

The multi-part series will launch in 2023 and promises to be an “unfiltered, in-depth examination of a global icon and natural-born-entertainer who had to navigate the highs and lows of being in the limelight for more than 30 years.

The series will cover Williams navigating media scrutiny throughout his career, as well as addiction, professional and personal break-ups, reunions, recovery and the impact all of this has had on the performer’s mental health.

Featuring 25 years’ worth of intimate, never-before-seen archive, and exclusive access to Williams, Netflix says the project will be a definitive series on the musician and a “no-holds-barred look” that will reveal a more nuanced and multifaceted Williams.

The series is directed by Joe Pearlman (“Bros: After the Screaming Stops”) and executive produced by Oscar-winning “Amy” director Asif Kapadia.

Also executive producing is Dominic Crossley-Holland (“The Love of Money,” “All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace”).

The series, which is produced by RSA in conjunction with RPW Productions and ie:music, comes as a narrative biopic based on Williams’ life also prepares to release.

“A Better Man” has been in the works since 2021, and is being directed by “The Greatest Showman” helmer Michael Gracey. Shot in Australia, the film will feature Williams playing himself while British star Jonno Davies is to play a younger version of the singer.

Described as a satirical musical, the movie will reinterpret and recontextualize some of Williams’ songs.

The musician’s top solo tracks include “Millennium,” “Rock DJ,” “Feel” and “Angels.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/robbi...lix/ar-AA115E0D

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th August 2022, 01:15 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

RSA Films launches unscripted division with Netflix series

RSA Films is launching its new Unscripted Division following the announcement of a multi-part Robbie Williams series for Netflix.

The project is the first from RSA Unscripted and builds on the success of the production company’s recent feature documentaries Oasis: Knebworth 1996, Kipchoge: The Last Milestone and Life in a Day 2020.

“The RSA Unscripted Division will meet the increased demand for high-quality documentary. Our dedicated and highly experienced development and production team will produce genre-defining documentaries with the world’s best directors and storytellers. Emulating the high creative and production standards of the Ridley Scott Creative Group, we start with a multi-part Robbie Williams chronicle.” Luke Scott, CEO, Ridley Scott Creative Group.

Heading the Unscripted division is Global Head Dominic Crossley-Holland, who has developed and made films and series for Apple, Netflix, Nat Geo, Discovery, History Channel, PBS, BBC, and ITV, as well as a range of other international co-producers and platforms. He worked as EP for Jane Root’s Nutopia, was Head of History and Business programming for BBC Studios, and a Commissioner for Britain’s ITV.

“I’m thrilled to be working with the best in the business at RSA to build a slate worthy of such a storied company” said Crossley-Holland. “Our plan is to make entertaining, premium films that deliver high impact, working with our unparalleled director roster. We’ve some exciting and unique projects coming down the line shortly – watch this space!”

Reporting to Crossley-Holland is Louis Mole, Head of Programming and Development. He arrives from Pulse Films where he developed and delivered premium nonfiction ideas for the American market, with credits including Dead Asleep for Hulu, and the upcoming Biography: Ol’ Dirty bast*rd for A&E (w/t). Most recently, Mole Executive Produced the Emmy nominated special Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts for HBO Max.

RSA Global Managing Director, Kai Hsiung, said: “We are delighted to have Dom and Louis setting the bar so high and helping lead the next stage of the company’s evolution. They bring a wealth of experience with them and will help bolster our ambition to become one of the leading global non-fiction producers”.

The new division is launching with a multi-part Netflix series on the British pop icon Robbie Williams.

The series is directed by BAFTA and Emmy-nominated director Joe Pearlman (Bros: After the Screaming Stops, Harry Potter 20th Anniversary), executive produced by Asif Kapadia (Amy, Diego Maradona, Senna) and Dominic Crossley-Holland (The Love of Money, All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace), and produced by RSA Films, in conjunction with RPW Productions and ie:music.

Founded by directors Ridley and Tony Scott, for over 50 years RSA Films has created some of the world’s most recognisable commercial campaigns.

https://advanced-television.com/2022/08/25/...netflix-series/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th August 2022, 04:08 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 25th August 2022, 06:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I live in hope that we may see some mention of his song-writing abilities/process in this doc series or will he shy away from it . He has had cameras following him around for years so hope to see some of that footage .

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 25th August 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

So many big projects about Rob... Nice to know it...

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 26th August 2022, 06:38 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams documentary series in the works
The series promises to show a "more nuanced and multifaceted character"

Photo Leo Baron

Production is underway on a documentary series about Robbie Williams.

Set to launch in 2023, the multi-part Netflix series is described as an “unfiltered, in-depth examination of a global icon and natural-born entertainer” that will cover the highs and lows of Williams’ 30-year career as a member of Take That and as a solo artist. According to a press release, the documentary will cover “Robbie navigating media scrutiny throughout his career, adulation and addiction, professional and personal break-ups, reunions, recovery, and the impact they have had on his mental health”.

The as-of-yet untitled series features 25 years’ worth of intimate, never-before-seen archive and exclusive access to the singer that will reveal a “more nuanced and multifaceted character”. The series is directed by Joe Pearlman, known recently for his work on the acclaimed 2018 documentary Bros: After The Screaming Stops. Asif Kapadia, director of documentary films Amy, Diego Maradona and Senna, serves as executive producer alongside Dominic Crossley-Holland.

A biopic about Williams titled Better Man began filming earlier this year in Melbourne, helmed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey. Speaking to NME last year, songwriter Guy Chambers said the biopic will rework his classic songs – similar to the big-screen treatment of Elton John’s music in 2019’s Rocketman. “The only thing I know about it so far is that the songs will be reimagined in the film, I do know that. It’s going to be a bit like they did with the Elton biopic.”

Earlier this month, Williams released new track ‘Lost’ from his 25th anniversary album ‘XXV’, set to be released on September 9. The album also includes reworked versions of ‘Angels’, ‘Eternity’ and ‘The Road To Mandalay’.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/robbie-...e-works-3297939

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 28th August 2022, 11:38 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

Really interested to see this -but Is that naughty of Netflix to pip the film to the post?

Will they be stealing the films' audience by duplication?

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 28th August 2022, 11:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Sydney11 @ Aug 25 2022, 07:06 PM) *
I live in hope that we may see some mention of his song-writing abilities/process in this doc series or will he shy away from it . He has had cameras following him around for years so hope to see some of that footage .

Yes!

I don't want to hear him criticising his own songs in a Gerald Ratner way.

I want RW to be proud of what he's done. I know with him it's all about looking forward but I want him to feel he's earnt this respect he's getting from Netflix.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 29th August 2022, 05:58 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

I agree, Laura. I think the fact that his songs to sometimes not get the praise they deserve is down to him pretending not to take them serious and to him not to know the border between being funny and being bringing himself down

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 29th August 2022, 03:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Well if he does not take tis opportunity to showcase his song-writing abilities etc I will just give up.

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 29th September 2022, 02:30 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Oscar-winning film-maker, Asif Kapadia is the Executive Producer of a new Robbie Williams documentary for Netflix.

The series will air next year, with producers having access to 25 years worth of unseen archive material.

Nelesh Dhand, Head of Original Documentary Series at Netflix, told the Edinburgh TV Festival that it would be an “unfiltered, in-depth examination” of the former Take That singer. As well as covering his career, it would also feature his break-ups - both professional and personal, plus addictions.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/manche...ams-documentary

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 2nd October 2022, 07:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

DOCU DRAMA : Robbie Williams says his Netflix documentary will have ‘no rules’ when it comes to filming

ROBBIE Williams says his Netflix documentary will have “no rules” when it comes to filming. The Let Me Entertain You singer is allowing cameras inside his £17.5million Kensington mansion, and while he does have editorial control, Robbie insists nothing will be off-limits. And he promises: “It’ll be full of sex and drugs and mental ­illness.”

The singer said: “They haven’t started. I’m sure it will be warts-and-all, and I’m sure it will be me ­giving away too much information about my life and times. I’m looking forward to getting it started and finding out what it is myself. “No rules. I’m more likely than most people to leave everything in, I very rarely, if ever, have said, ‘That’s too much, take it off.’ I normally think that it’s not enough.”

In an interview with a New Zealand radio station, Robbie added: “I do have editorial ­control. But they’re very, very lucky because I want to expose myself more than anybody else exposes themselves. Most people want to do some sanitised version of themselves because they’re scared of giving too much of their real life away.
“The audience can see that and I don’t respond very well as an audience member to that, so I won’t be doing that.”

Although he is an open book, Robbie does not think he will allow his four children, Teddy, nine, Charlton, seven, Coco, three, and two-year-old Beau, to feature but his wife Ayda Field will be part of the show. He added: “I don’t think the kids will be involved.

“There will be me giving away too much information about the inner workings of my mind.” It comes after Robbie recently celebrated the release of his latest album, XXV, which marks his 25th year as a solo artist. Despite seven No1 singles and 14 chart-topping albums, Robbie revealed he is still learning to accept his talent.

He said: “There are lots of people who dig what I do but there are an awful amount of people who think I’m the worst thing on the planet since that massive spotlight fell on me. “It ebbs and flows — life — and at the moment the flow is not ebbing. I’m happy, I am doing better than OK.”

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/...ntray-no-rules/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 4th October 2022, 11:02 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

'Every artist looks and sounds the same': Robbie Williams blasts the lack of variety in modern music

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...dern-music.html

At least they used a gorgeous pic wub.gif

'I wanted to give the ring back': Ayda Field admits she was left heartbroken after Robbie Williams banned her from planning their wedding

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ng-wedding.html

The Netflix series will be 4x1hr episodes

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 6th October 2022, 07:35 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams' 'crew spotted in Stoke-on-Trent as filming gets underway

Robbie Williams' film crew has been spotted in Stoke-on-Trent as scenes are shot for an upcoming show about his life. A camera team has been seen at Vale Park in Burslem this week although it is not clear if the man himself has been in the city. There are currently two projects in the pipeline: a biopic called Better Man and a Netflix documentary about his rise to fame with Take That and his hell-raiser years. It is not yet known which crew was in the Potteries. However, most of Better Man has been shot in Melbourne, Australia, and is due out next year. Meanwhile, streaming giant Netflix revealed last month that the 'warts-and-all' multi-part series is also due to land on screens in 2023.
Port Vale today failed to confirm - or deny - filming had been taking place at the ground where Robbie played a homecoming gig earlier this year. But StokeonTrentLive understands the crew initially turned up at Stoke City's bet365 Stadium after getting the location of Vale fan Robbie's club spectacularly wrong.

Robbie - who grew up in Burslem and Tunstall - has been teasing fans with exactly what will be included when the Netflix cameras start rolling. The Rock DJ singer, 48, has editorial control over the content and claims this will make it even better viewing as he's not scared of giving too much away. He told New Zealand radio station Newstalk ZB's The Mike Hosking Breakfast show: "It’ll be full of sex and drugs and mental illness." Robbie Williams' film crew has been spotted in Stoke-on-Trent as scenes are shot for an upcoming show about his life. A camera team has been seen at Vale Park in Burslem this week although it is not clear if the man himself has been in the city.

There are currently two projects in the pipeline: a biopic called Better Man and a Netflix documentary about his rise to fame with Take That and his hell-raiser years. It is not yet known which crew was in the Potteries. However, most of Better Man has been shot in Melbourne, Australia, and is due out next year. Meanwhile, streaming giant Netflix revealed last month that the 'warts-and-all' multi-part series is also due to land on screens in 2023.

Port Vale today failed to confirm - or deny - filming had been taking place at the ground where Robbie played a homecoming gig earlier this year. But StokeonTrentLive understands the crew initially turned up at Stoke City's bet365 Stadium after getting the location of Vale fan Robbie's club spectacularly wrong. Robbie - who grew up in Burslem and Tunstall - has been teasing fans with exactly what will be included when the Netflix cameras start rolling.

The Rock DJ singer, 48, has editorial control over the content and claims this will make it even better viewing as he's not scared of giving too much away. He told New Zealand radio station Newstalk ZB's The Mike Hosking Breakfast show: "It’ll be full of sex and drugs and mental illness."

Robbie - who is currently in the UK and appeared on Strictly last weekend - continued: "They haven’t started. I’m sure it will be warts-and-all, and I’m sure it will be me giving away too much information about my life and times. I’m looking forward to getting it started and finding out what it is myself." Robbie confessed there'll be 'no rules' to the production and added: "I’m more likely than most people to leave everything in, I very rarely, if ever, have said, ‘That’s too much, take it off.’ I normally think that it’s not enough." However, despite it being set to be explosive content, Robbie confirmed he's unsure whether his kids he shared with wife Ayda Field, 43, will feature. The pair share four children together - Teddy, 9, Charlton, 7, Coco, 3, and Beau, 2.

Netflix described the project as: "Featuring 25 years' worth of intimate, never-before-seen archive, and exclusive access to Robbie; this definitive series is a no-holds-barred look at the entertainer and will reveal a more nuanced and multifaceted character." The project will be directed by Joe Pearlman (Bros: After the Screaming Stops) and executive produced by Asif Kapadia (Amy, Diego Maradona, Senna) and Dominic Crossley-Holland (The Love of Money, All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace). Meanwhile, Robbie is also planning on barring his children from watching Better Man as it is 'too honest'. Robbie said: “I never want them to watch Better Man. No. There’s too much honesty in the film. Nobody’s children need to know that much.”

In the movie, Robbie will play himself and Brit actor Jonno Davies, 29, is a younger version of the singer. Robbie, said: “I’m playing bits of me. It was odd and wonderful. “It’s weird to be in a make-up room where the man that’s playing your dad is there, the woman that’s playing your grandma and the woman that’s playing your mum is there. “And then Howard Donald’s dreadlock wig is there. And Jason Orange’s plastic chin is there.”

Its director is Michael Gracey, who directed The Greatest Showman.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/...way/ar-AA12Geqh

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 6th October 2022, 07:35 PM

+Quote this post
Better Man
post 6th October 2022, 07:52 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,584

Waiting!!