BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Egyptair Flight MS804 Missing.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post 19th May 2016, 07:46 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473
There are 66 people on the plane including two babies and one child.
It disappeared off Egyptian radar 10 minutes into Egyptian air space at 02:45 local time/01:45 BST.

Officials have launched a search and rescue operation incase it has crashed but currently they don't know what's happened.

There's also been some confusion with regards to a distress call received two hours after the plane disappeared off radar with the airline saying that the military received a distress call but the military denied it about fifteen minutes ago.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 19th May 2016, 10:08 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Aand where is the new technology they promised to stop this happening?

+Quote this post
p a v
post 19th May 2016, 10:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I just read it was confirmed that it had indeed crashed.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 19th May 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I've just seen they have apparently confirmed this as well although they still don't have any definitive proof that it has crashed. They are saying the plane fell 22,000 feet And turned sharply before vanishing off the radar.

As tough as it is going by that I would have to say it more than likely crashed or there has been some sort of decompression on board and the pilot descended 22,000 feet but I guess that still wouldn't explain why nothing had been heard. I feel absolutely terrible for the families of the people on the plane.

+Quote this post
mdh
post 19th May 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

+Quote this post
JSG
post 19th May 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I can't help but notice how public officials and even Hilary Clinton are all saying it had to have been a terrorist. I think they should wait and wee what the flight recorder and black boxes say.

+Quote this post
post 19th May 2016, 06:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
This is why I hate flying and have to drown myself in Valium before flying. It feels so unnatural to be that high in the sky.

It's so awful for those involved and their families, I really feel for them.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 19th May 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
^Air travel is perfectly safe, and statistically is the safest form of transport.

As with every airliner crash this is a tragic mass loss of life sad.gif

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 19th May 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
RIP sad.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post 19th May 2016, 09:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Apparently the wreckage they found didn't belong to the missing plane confused.gif they announced like 4 or 5 hours ago that it was the plane wreckage.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 19th May 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
QUOTE(Joe. @ May 19 2016, 09:01 PM) *
This is why I hate flying and have to drown myself in Valium before flying. It's so unnatural to be that high in the sky.

It's so awful for those involved and their families, I really feel for them.

You are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely to die in a car crash than in an airplane crash. That's just plain common sense. Every time there's an airplane crash, people get into panicking mode really quickly forgetting that while it's obviously very sad to see so many people die so tragically, far more people die in car crashes every single day. But do we see news stories about them? Nope. Because people don't want to imagine their lives without their metal toys and so they unconsciously think of all those car accident deaths as a given, a sacrifice. It's all very sad.

Rant over oops~

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post 19th May 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #12
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426
QUOTE(JSG @ May 19 2016, 05:29 PM) *
Apparently the wreckage they found didn't belong to the missing plane confused.gif they announced like 4 or 5 hours ago that it was the plane wreckage.

There's conflicting reports as to whether it's Egyptair 804's wreckage or not....

+Quote this post
Silas
post 19th May 2016, 10:48 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(💯 @ May 19 2016, 10:42 PM) *
You are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely to die in a car crash than in an airplane crash. That's just plain common sense. Every time there's an airplane crash, people get into panicking mode really quickly forgetting that while it's obviously very sad to see so many people die so tragically, far more people die in car crashes every single day. But do we see news stories about them? Nope. Because people don't want to imagine their lives without their metal toys and so they unconsciously think of all those car accident deaths as a given, a sacrifice. It's all very sad.

Rant over oops~

300 people don't tend to die in a single car accident.

There's car crashes in the news constantly here, primarily in local news but big losses of lives and large multicar pile ups do make national news.

Also the fact that it's rarer tends to mean it's a bigger story when it actually happens. Low frequency, high loss of life = rare event that is a major incident. High frequency, low loss of life = everyday occurrence. There's no pro-car agenda on the go, just the basic principle of common sense. If you have 30 minutes for your national news and there was 3 fatal road accidents that day spread over a 600 square mile area with a total of 5 dead (which is slightly over the daily average number of road fatalities in the UK for 2013 of 4.69 deaths per day), or an airliner that has vanished a la MH370 with 66 people on board - which story are you going to run?

+Quote this post
post 19th May 2016, 10:55 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Silas @ May 19 2016, 10:17 PM) *
^Air travel is perfectly safe, and statistically is the safest form of transport.
As with every airliner crash this is a tragic mass loss of life sad.gif

QUOTE(�� @ May 19 2016, 10:42 PM) *

Rant over oops~

Ha! I do know the this, but it's not going to stop me from freaking out every time I fly. & I don't particularly enjoy driving either. How many people die every time they see a house spider? I'm still irrationally terrified of them.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 20th May 2016, 04:11 AM
Post #15
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534
On the subject of plane safety, I've seen a few news stories about laser pointers becoming a major concern. I've never been too nervous when flying but the thought of someone on the ground trying to point a laser up into the cockpit to mess with the pilot makes me uneasy. Car accidents definitely scare me more though because they happen so frequently, they're constantly in the local news here too.

+Quote this post
JSG
post 20th May 2016, 05:31 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's everywhere now that the wreckage isn't that of Flight 804. It's curious that they haven't found anything at all then.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th May 2016, 05:45 AM
Post #17
Group icon
QUOTE(Joe. @ May 20 2016, 01:55 AM) *
Ha! I do know the this, but it's not going to stop me from freaking out every time I fly. & I don't particularly enjoy driving either. How many people die every time they see a house spider? I'm still irrationally terrified of them.

I was just saying that if the fear of an airplane crash was the reason stopping you from flying then it shouldn't really be. But a phobia is a different thing indeed.

Spiders take more lives than airplane and car crashes combined. I die a little bit inside every time I see one of them as well :'(

+Quote this post
JSG
post 20th May 2016, 09:38 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
They've confirmed that today they have definitely found Debris and items belong to the passengers and are now looking for the black boxes.

Sad sad day for the Families of Flight 804 Passengers.

One thing I don't get about this whole thing is that the Egypt Military claimed they received an automatic distress signal 2 hours after the plane dropped off radar and then retracted it.

Then The Egyptair Airline claimed to have found Debris from the plane without having proof it was actually from the plane then retracted their statement and apparently everyone is saying it was more than likely a terrorist attack. But they don't have any proof and no one has claimed responsibility.

It's all very confusing.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 12:36 PM