BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Round 3: Least Favourite Harry Potter Movie, You're a wizard Harry
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ROUND 3
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
*Tim
post Jul 29 2015, 07:56 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
Moar votes plx
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post Jul 29 2015, 08:07 AM
Post #22
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675
QUOTE(Joe. @ Jul 27 2015, 12:58 PM) *
Mine is;

1)Goblet of Fire
2) Order of the Pheonix
3) Deathly Hallows Part II
----Big gap---
4) Chamber of Secrets
5) Deathly Hallows Part I
---------------
6) Prisoner of Azkaban
7) Philosopher's Stone
8) Half Blood Prince

Joe! sad.gif That's too low! I think Philosopher's Stone and Half Blood Prince are justified being there though. I found the first movie quite rushed in comparison to the book and so it came out half baked to me. I will always love it seeing as though it was my first movie in the cinemas kink.gif Half-Blood Prince didn't do anything for me as a book or a novel compared to the rest of the series.

This post has been edited by Nelly. S: Jul 29 2015, 08:07 AM

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 29 2015, 12:11 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
If we're talking about film versions not coming near the book then The Order of the Phoenix should have left along with the Half-Blood Prince.

+Quote this post
Severin
post Jul 29 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 27 2015, 12:53 PM) *
All these non book readers! Seriously the book of Azkaban was VASTLY superior to the film.

That may be true but were not voting on best adaptation from the book but treating the films solely against each other surely?

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Jul 29 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
Goblet Of Fire.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 29 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(Severin @ Jul 29 2015, 06:12 PM) *
That may be true but were not voting on best adaptation from the book but treating the films solely against each other surely?

And even then I think it's the worst. If I hadn't read the book, the plotholes left from missing information would be more confusing.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 29 2015, 11:45 PM
Post #27
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I still feel Azkaban was the moment the franchise took a dark turn and showed it was maturing and wasn't just a throwaway children's fantasy saga, it's probably my favourite film of the franchise, that or Goblet of Fire.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 29 2015, 11:45 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 30 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #28
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jul 29 2015, 04:45 PM) *
I still feel Azkaban was the moment the franchise took a dark turn and showed it was maturing and wasn't just a throwaway children's fantasy saga, it's probably my favourite film of the franchise, that or Goblet of Fire.
I'd say Goblet Of Fire was when it really took a dark turn, since seeing Voldemort FOR REAL was more effective than seeing his endless reincarnations. Azkaban was a lot lighter than that IMO.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 30 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #29
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
My ranking, just coz.

01. Prisoner of Azkaban
02. Goblet of Fire
03. Deathly Hallows Part II
04. Deathly Hallows Part I
05. Order of the Pheonix
06. Half Blood Prince
07. Chamber of Secrets
08. Philosopher's Stone

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 30 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
QUOTE(T Boy @ Jul 29 2015, 11:27 PM) *
And even then I think it's the worst. If I hadn't read the book, the plotholes left from missing information would be more confusing.

Go on then...what did they miss?

I didn't read any of the books until just before the fifth film came out and I didn't suffer from any "plotholes".

Azkaban is the best made film of the series by a long way...maybe even the best. It's the one that I reckon would stand alone best if viewed for the first time by a someone who knew nothing about Harry Potter.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 30 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
QUOTE(richie @ Jul 30 2015, 04:35 PM) *
Go on then...what did they miss?

I didn't read any of the books until just before the fifth film came out and I didn't suffer from any "plotholes".

Azkaban is the best made film of the series by a long way...maybe even the best. It's the one that I reckon would stand alone best if viewed for the first time by a someone who knew nothing about Harry Potter.

Who Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs were for a starter or that they created the map. Lupine seems knowledgable on it but it isn't explained why. A minute long dialogue on that is all that they needed.
They also gave away that Pettigrew was alive. Ok, so there was a bit of mystery there but this information isn't revealed in the book until they're in the Shrieking Shack which is much more effective and a bigger surprise.

It may have beautiful shots etc, but from a story point of view the film is weak. Hermione seems out of character through some of the film and her confrontations with Ron and Trelawney should have been bigger moments than what we got in the film. I also think it's Daniel Radcliffe's worst turn at Harry in scenes that didn't need to be included anyway.

Goblet Of Fire, Deathly Hallows 1&2 and even Chamber Of Secrets rank higher IMO.

+Quote this post
richie
post Jul 31 2015, 07:40 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
The whole Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs story and how and why they became animagi would have slowed the film right down and spoiled the 'surprise' that Lupin is a werewolf. Mind you, with a name like Remus Lupin, you don't have to be a genius to see that one coming.

It is frustrating when the detailed history that Rowling spun through her books is missed out for the cinema, but the film definitely still worked the way it was written. Where I have a problem with the films is when bits are included apparently only for on-screen action. Quidditch could have been missed out of several films (especially so we didn't have to suffer the wooden acting of the appropriately named Wood) and Grawp should never have been in OOTP.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Jul 31 2015, 07:46 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
But Quidditch played a big part on some of the movies.
In the first movie Harry swallowed the snitch, which returns in the last movies as well as harry's broom being curses
In the 2nd movie Harry gets wounded by Dobby during a game
In the third movie Harry passed out due to dementors
in the 5th movie a big part of the Hermione/Ron love story happened during the quidditch training.

I'd say those were pretty big events.

Edit: As far Grawp, he played a big part in the Umbridge final

This post has been edited by *Tim: Jul 31 2015, 07:46 AM

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jul 31 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
I guess we should all just be entitled to our own opinions. I just saw a DS poll claiming POA to be the best film so it's obviously a high quality film. I just feel less for it than most of the rest. Reading all the books first, I will always compare them and it will always factor into my enjoyment. Prisoner of Azkaban is a good film but for me it was the most disappointing because it deviated away from the story and completely moved certain plots around and didn't focus on others much. It was my second favourite of the books behind Goblet of Fire and the movie, whilst technically good, did not capture the feeling I had reading the book. And most HP films managed to do that.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jul 31 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #35
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Deathly Hallows Part 1

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Aug 1 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #36
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
The Chamber of Secrets is probably the worst there. I always forget just how strong the Harry Potter films are. Every film is amazing!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:29 PM