BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BST Live at Hyde Park Summer Show, 9th July 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 11th January 2016, 09:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Couldn't see discussion of it anywhere else so thought I'd start the topic. Olly Murs has just confirmed in the Daily Star today he'll be one of the special guests, performing a few songs with the lads in their set as well as opening for them with his own set: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/musi...yde-Park-summer

I'd so love to be at this show but I'm away in Ireland when it's on. Anyone else going?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dylandog
post 11th January 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,635

Yep, I will be going. Although I've nothing against OM I would have preferred a different artist - perhaps a singer/songwriter type or a band like the Script who supported TT for part of The Circus tour.
I hope OM doesn't join the band on stage but keeps to his own solo slot as I've bought a ticket for TT and not TT and guest artist. Also expecting other names to be released. I think I'm right in saying that a number of support acts perform on each day alongside the headliners, but perhaps someone can verify this for me.

+Quote this post
milly
post 12th January 2016, 09:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

I don't want to upset anyone, cause I realize some of you may be fans of Olly's, but I really can't stand the guy and I'm not happy to hear he'll join the boys. He's always sucking up to Robbie and trying to impersonate him - he's a bit a better singer than Robbie, but that's not too hard to achieve. I'd have wanted a more credible artist to open up for the boys.
Anyway, as long as he doesn't actually sing WITH them....

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th January 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I am a big Olly fan so its good news for me unsure.gif

+Quote this post
jay727
post 13th January 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

I'm happy with that, I know he and Gary get on well so probably unsurprising.

I, too, don't want him to step into the TT set. They don't need him for any aspect of their show.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 4th July 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

Thought I'd flag this thread up as the concert draws ever closer. I know it's a small forum but I think a few of us have tickets so it would be nice to have some reviews of the show.

Interestingly I've been following BST over the past week or so. It seems that Florence, Carole King and Stevie Wonder are sold out. Florence's set was a few days ago and Carole King was last night - very envious of those who had tickets to see her. She's a masterful songwriter and her compositions have really stood the test of time.

Wondering why TT haven't managed to accomplish what the above three have? Although some tickets were floating around for CK and there are still some available for SW on the BST website they're publicised at sold out, whereas there's a healthy supply for TT with prices coming down. TT did around 8 nights at Wembley for Progress and in the region of 4 or 5 for the Circus, as well as multiple shows elsewhere in the country. I'm therefore puzzled as to why they haven't sold out one night at Hyde Park?

+Quote this post
milly
post 4th July 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Were the tickets as expensive for the other artists as they are for TT? I think that's the main reason tickets aren't sold out yet: people are reticent to spending so much money on just 1 hour or less.

+Quote this post
elisabeth1973
post 4th July 2016, 06:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,130

Isn't the reason not more likely that TT as a three piece simply lost the old aura and the draw they had? The last tour was still an afterglow of the old TT merits. But since then nothing what they do as a three piece is really a success, not even when everyone in here considers it as good like the Sigma collaboration, well, unless you call a chart position of number 21 a success. Times have changed, they do not appeal that much anymore as they did as a four or five peace and it is not sure when Robbie's solo album is out this year it is anything else for him.It should be enough that they are doing music we like. With the way music is now consumed it is difficult unless you are Adele

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th July 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Id love to be going to see this but cant. I am glad Olly Murs joined the line up too as im a fan of him.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 4th July 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Milly, I should have held off purchasing tickets. I don't buy on line but currently there are GA tickets going for just under £40. I wanted premium view tickets and held out as long as possible but I couldn't justify the price, even accounting for the price reductions. The VIP type tickets are still very high particularly diamond view right at the front. I'm afraid we'll be right at the back, which looking at the size of the park will be some considerable distance from the main stage.

I don't know about Florence but CK tickets were priced higher than TT due to supply/ demand as most tickets now go through secondary sites. SW tickets prices are still exceptionally high due to the huge demand for them. I considered going to see him on the Sunday as I'll still be in London but I can't afford the prices and tickets are hard to come by.

I am very surprised to see that TT haven't sold out. I imagine that many people outside of London can't afford the travelling/accommodation costs but I would have thought there was sufficient demand in and around London to have made it a sell out some time ago. I hope TT are on longer than an hour - I'm expecting a full 2 hour set!!! I won't be going into the park immediately the gates open, but hope to be in there for 4ish in time to see a number of the warm up acts, most of whom I've never heard of smile.gif

This post has been edited by dylan62: 4th July 2016, 06:41 PM

+Quote this post
milly
post 4th July 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

cry.gif

Since we can only make fun of a sad situation at this point, maybe Howard's political lobby alienated the rest of TT fans laugh.gif Just joking.
It is what it is and maybe some people have indeed lost interest in TT.
But that should not stop us from enjoying them for however long they may still choose to perform and, who knows, maybe something will happen that will redirect fans towards them.

I hope you have a great time on Saturday and I look forward to reading your review smile.gif I can only applaud those who are going for their courage. 70.000+ people. The only time I got near a crowd like that was when I passing by a stadium full of football teams supporters. When they started screaming and cheering, it was enough for me to run for my life. I find such big crowds frightening laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th July 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jul 4 2016, 07:39 PM) *
I don't know about Florence but CK tickets were priced higher than TT due to supply/ demand as most tickets now go through secondary sites. SW tickets prices are still exceptionally high due to the huge demand for them. I considered going to see him on the Sunday as I'll still be in London but I can't afford the prices and tickets are hard to come by.

I hope whoever goes to see SW has a good time - but I know from someone who went to see one of his Manchester shows a few years back - they were disappointed that he did only one song from his back-catalogue - the rest was all new stuff.

I'd have loved to see Carole King but I'm too old now to go to stadium/outdoor concerts now - I like my comforts too much.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 4th July 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Thanks Milly. Howard did get rather heated on the political front. Luckily Gary kept out of the political storm - can you imagine if he's posted his views all hell would have broken out. I haven't been to London since 2009 so taking the opportunity to head down to Wimbledon on the Sunday. I don't have tickets for the tennis but at least we can mill around the area and soak up the atmosphere.

And Kath I don't believe it - you're made of sterner stuff than that:) I have to admit that part of me is dreading it. I thought I'd be able to take a fold up chair into the park, but no. I'll have to sit on the hard ground because there's no way I can stand for more than 2 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds because I don't fancy rain and mud. As for the toilet situation- the least said the better smile.gif I hated outdoor venues like Hyde Park in the 80's when I was a mere youngster, so heaven knows how I'll cope on Saturday !!

Apparently the CK show was amazing. It would have been a fantastic experience to hear her sing all those songs from the 70's. For those of you too young to know much about CK check her out. Whilst her voice isn't the strongest, it has a quirky quality and her songs are simply timeless. I've been listening to her on You Tube and will be going out to buy the album in the next week or so. I've lost so much of my album collection from the 70's and 80's so I'm on a mission to replenish my stock.

Gary has posted a couple of messages about the show. I think they're excited but perhaps somewhat nervous, I just hope they do themselves justice. Aphrodite, I'll make sure to post comments on Olly as I'll be in the park before he takes the stage.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th July 2016, 08:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jul 4 2016, 08:53 PM) *
Thanks Milly. Howard did get rather heated on the political front. Luckily Gary kept out of the political storm - can you imagine if he's posted his views all hell would have broken out. I haven't been to London since 2009 so taking the opportunity to head down to Wimbledon on the Sunday. I don't have tickets for the tennis but at least we can mill around the area and soak up the atmosphere.

What are you talking about?

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 4th July 2016, 08:11 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

QUOTE(Kath @ Jul 4 2016, 08:18 PM) *
I hope whoever goes to see SW has a good time - but I know from someone who went to see one of his Manchester shows a few years back - they were disappointed that he did only one song from his back-catalogue - the rest was all new stuff.

I'd have loved to see Carole King but I'm too old now to go to stadium/outdoor concerts now - I like my comforts too much.

I'm going to see Stevie Wonder on Sunday. smile.gif There will be lots of hits because he's performing Songs in the Key of Life in its entirety. Hopefully hits outside that album too. Just as Carole King performed Tapestry as a whole.

I think it's a good idea these older artists picking an iconic album and performing every track. You get to hear songs you never would normally.

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 4th July 2016, 08:55 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

Have a fab time Laura. Sounds like it will be a good one.

Kath, Howard had a bit of a 'rant' re the EU referendum. Nothing major but he made his feelings plain with regard to the outcome smile.gif

+Quote this post
Kath
post 4th July 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(dylan62 @ Jul 4 2016, 09:55 PM) *
Have a fab time Laura. Sounds like it will be a good one.

If SW does do numbers from SITKOL it'll be worth it just for 'I Wish' a brilliant album.
Kath, Howard had a bit of a 'rant' re the EU referendum. Nothing major but he made his feelings plain with regard to the outcome smile.gif

Couldn't have made much of a stir - nothing in the papers. Which way was he ranting (I'm assuming he was a remainer - like me!)

+Quote this post
jay727
post 4th July 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

I've got tickets too, Dylan! We'll both have to post our reviews!

Must say, I'm really looking forward to the day out. One thing TT do so well is their live shows, it feels like an age since I saw them at the O2!

Hope the weather holds out!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th July 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Many people can say Take That have their faults but they never disappoint in a live show so anyone going is in for a real treat.

+Quote this post
milly
post 5th July 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Kath @ Jul 5 2016, 12:15 AM) *
Couldn't have made much of a stir - nothing in the papers. Which way was he ranting (I'm assuming he was a remainer - like me!)

If Gary had said half of the things Howard ranted about, he'd have been torn apart by the media. Howard and Mark are lucky to be able to feel free to post their views, without having to worry about the media too much. But I have to admit that I grew quite fond of Howard during that post-Brexit week biggrin.gif And I can't believe we agree on something else again, Kath laugh.gif Maybe the world is indeed drawing to an end tongue.gif

I'll check Carol King out, dylan, thank you for the suggestion smile.gif

It would be wonderful if, one day, TT would perform Beautiful World live track by track wub.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:33 AM