BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Shazam 2, Now out, last chance to see one DC superhero actor
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 19th March 2023, 05:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

saw this today, it's not got the charm of the first film, it's gone full on "chuck everything at it for the sequel" as per usual in Blockbuster follow-ups. The cast are fine, but really it's Superhero-by-numbers: Large death toll? tick. Quips galore despite death toll? tick. Big baddies veteran actors? tick. Teen romance? tick. Bits nicked from other films? tick (Harry Potter) tick (Avengers dusting) tick (Dr Strange who nicked it from Christopher Nolan) tick (Greek mythology via baddies/ Wonder Woman, bonus plus Greek mythology copyright free) tick (key product placement as a plot device) tick (cute kids) tick (Game Of Thrones).

The ending was a complete copout, I thought I mean, by the time of any further Shazam appearances (Spoiler Alert: Shazam will be back for a Justice SOCIETY film or series the kids will be over 18 for the most part and that young target audience will need a rethink. Meanwhile Wonder Woman gal gadot has her final appearance in the role and it's very much a cameo not-much-of-a-farewell-thanks-now-piss-off-even-though-we-just-used-you-to-set-things-back-the-way-they-were. James Gunn to thank for that, obv.. It wasn't BAD as such and kids will enjoy it but it's nothing special 5/10

BTW, I've really got to moan about the ongoing way superheroes continue to defy the laws of physics when it comes to "saving" people at superspeed. JUST NO! I can accept you have magical superpowers, but I can't accept the human body accelerated from zero to hundreds of miles an hour in a split second would do anything other than break every bone in the body, tear muscles to shreds, and burn you to a cinder from friction with the air. I fell over playing tennis two weeks ago and I still can't use my hand like it was before the accident and that was a tap in comparison. Must. Do. Better! Being realistic would make the threat of danger far more intense!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vefunnossupo
post 10th December 2023, 08:20 AM
Post #2
Group icon
New Entry
User: 173,576

I watched the first installment, it's interesting. But DC's superhero movies are not as interesting as Marvel's movies.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th December 2023, 03:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

These movies are just awful. The hackneyed quips are the worst part of superhero movies, except for catching bodies falling from thr air near the ground, and the person is ... fine? What is gonna kill the person is hitting the hard ground at a high velocity. They then hit thr hard superhero at the same velocity, just metres from the ground, and it's ... all okay. Sigh.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 02:44 PM