BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dancing With The Stars - Season 28, ALLY BROOKE IS IN THIS!!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 21 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

The cast reveal this morning brought in another stacked cast! Will they recover from last year’s travesty?

Plus two new pros in the form of Daniella & Pasha from World Of Dance! No Artem or Sharna this season, but Peta is back from maternity leave!

Celebrities Revealed:
01 | Karamo Brown (from Queer Eye)
02 | Hannah Brown (the latest Bachelorette, the first Bachelorette since Trista Sutter from the inaugural season, also !!!!!!!)
03 | Lauren Alaina (country singer, she performed last year!)
04 | James Van Der Beek (from Dawson’s Creek, he also played Evan Peters’ sleazy boss in Pose Season 1)
05 | Ray Lewis (yet ANOTHER NFL legend)
06 | Kate Flannery (from The Office)
07 | Ally Brooke (!!!!!!!!!)
08 | Lamar Odom (basketball legend and Khloe Kardashian’s ex husband)
09 | Kel Mitchell (from Kenan & Kel - come on if you don’t know this show you’re either too old or too young)
10 | Sean Spicer (from Trump’s revolving door of a White House staff, highkey screaming)
11 | Christie Brinkley (a model)
12 | Mary Wilson (from The Supremes!)

However we have 14 pros and only 12 celebrities listed... are we
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 21 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Cackling at Ally

James Van Der Beek can do ANYTHING to me tho

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 21 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
who could ever forget his best role tho

well well well if it isn’t james Van der douche

+Quote this post
giannyorfino
post Aug 22 2019, 08:22 AM
Post #4
Group icon
G.O
User: 85,830
Great line up, a lot more people that i know.

+Quote this post
giannyorfino
post Aug 22 2019, 08:24 AM
Post #5
Group icon
G.O
User: 85,830
I also just watched Ally's interview on Good Morning America and i felt bad for her. She basically said how much criticisme she got about her dancing and she wants to prove a point now with the show.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Aug 26 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Is no one realizing that this is James's storyline in Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23?

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Aug 26 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
This could be good for Ally.

It had a big impact for Normani didn’t it when she did this show?

(Is this show as big a deal as what Strictly is here or is it more like Dancing On Ice level success)?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Aug 28 2019, 12:57 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Aug 26 2019, 08:26 PM) *
This could be good for Ally.

It had a big impact for Normani didn’t it when she did this show?

(Is this show as big a deal as what Strictly is here or is it more like Dancing On Ice level success)?

Not as big as Strictly, I think it used to be but ratings declined, it's still a big thing though

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Aug 28 2019, 02:33 AM
Post #9
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 21 2019, 10:44 PM) *
Cackling at Ally

James Van Der Beek can do ANYTHING to me tho

Omg

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Aug 28 2019, 03:28 AM
Post #10
Group icon
It could do wonders if Ally ends up promoting on the show, most likely during finale night when it’s a giant showcase before the lead up to the winner.

It was probably a bigger deal back in Season 24 when Normani did it but since then ratings declined severely and we don’t know how much interest there will be after the travesty that was last year’s winner so I guess we’ll see. I think the inclusion of more recognizable names should help boost ratings though.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 17 2019, 02:54 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Gonna keep you guys posted with official pairings later and will be sure to liveblog this!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 17 2019, 03:05 AM
Post #12
Group icon
UPDATE: Sailor Brinkley-Cook is replacing her mother, Christie, after she was sidelined due to injury!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 17 2019, 05:04 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Pairings Revealed:
01 | Karamo & Jenna
02 | Hannah & Alan (ffs)
03 | Lauren & Gleb (this could be interesting)
04 | James & Emma
05 | Ray & Cheryl
06 | Kate & Pasha
07 | Ally & Sasha (that was the most obvious pairing, the rest of the girls are taller than Sasha!)
08 | Lamar & Peta (not surprised)
09 | Kel & Witney
10 | Sean & Lindsay
11 | Sailor & Val
12 | Mary & Brandon

So Keo’s out and Pasha’s in, surprised Daniella isn’t in the lineup though.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 17 2019, 02:38 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Watch all Week 1 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s an all new season of Dancing With The Stars! The show is back after a year long break and everyone is ready to put the past behind them... or are they? I spy Bobby Bones in the audience. Does he know he’s the reason why fans were questioning the future of the show? With Sailor replacing Christie, they announced that the show will introduce a new voting system and a new elimination format beginning next week!

No voting this week, scores will be combined with the dances from next week and then the voting will begin!

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

Hannah & Alan: The first bachelorette in the show since Trista Sutter! Just as I feared, she gets paired up with Alan. So we’re prepared to see another showmance. Please no, Alexis was one thing but this is pretty much primed for a showmance.

I didn’t know they were bringing back the announcer before the dances! She’s actually really good! Not completely surprised considering this was her talent portion for pageants. I can feel her not being as confident during the dance, but that’s just Week 1 jitters. Len appreciated the amount of technique. Bruno loved her expressive attitude but warns her not to rush and to keep her center. Not a bad way to open the season!

Scores: 7 | 7 | 6 = 20. I like the new paddles for scoring!

-

Kel & Witney: Welcome to Kel Mitchell into Dancing With The Stars, home of the good dancing. And he’s sure to serve some good dances with Witney. The dance starts off really intense but then it gets kinda stiff around the promenades. Bruno loved that this was a real tango, but thought that Kel was too jumpy during the dance. Carrie Ann thought he was too ahead and that he lost his grip, but there’s still a lot of time for him to improve.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 5 = 16. Kel mentioned that he has an alter ego for the tango and that... didn’t quite work out.

-

Kate & Pasha: This Office segment is pretty funny! She gets the newest pro, Pasha, which is insanely interesting. This is someone who we’ve never seen on DWTS so it will be interesting to see how he works as a choreographer.

I found that Kate was a bit shaky throughout the entire thing but she has a nice attitude. Carrie Ann observed that there were times that she couldn’t hear the music and Len wanted her to straighten her legs to get the proper hip action. Otherwise they liked the dance.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 5 = 15. A bit of a low score but there’s still a lot to play for.

-

Lamar & Peta: Damn... I haven’t seen him since the last time he was mentioned in Keeping Up With The Kardashians. He’s got Peta, which means we’ve come full circle: her very first partner was also a former Laker. The height difference is gonna be interesting though.

The foxtrot is classy, but extremely slow. Honestly I feel like Peta is carrying this dance. Len thought Peta choreographed the dance well to cater to the height difference especially in hold, but told Lamar that this wasn’t his dance. Bruno thought that he got into his head too much that the fluidity became secondary. Carrie Ann commended him for remaining in frame and standing straight, since most other basketball players that came on the show dance down.

Scores: 5 | 3 | 3 = 11. ...I’ve never seen 3’s handed out. He wasn’t 6 worthy, but come on, he’s no Master P.

-

Lauren & Gleb: Yet another country star... will she suffer some backlash due to Bobby Bones’ fan inducing win? She’s got Gleb, which is a really interesting choice. The last time Gleb got a country singer as a partner, he made the finals. Will history repeat?

That part with the chairs... I’m so worried that Gleb was going to sexify this again... however this was a pretty solid performance! Bruno thought she finished well but warned her about overextending. Carrie Ann thought that the chair choreography solidified the performance, as opposed to Len who thought that the dance took too long to start.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 6 = 19. Impressive scores. We might have a competition on our hands!

-

Sailor & Val: Christie is sidelined with an arm injury (sitting next to Tayshia) and it’s revealed that she got Val! I’m so glad that Val is back because even if he doesn’t get a good partner, he turns it out. She slips and falls on her forearm and shatters it, and it’s up to Sailor, her daughter, who has never danced before to turn this out in 3 days.

I’m actually really impressed with her! Not only did she did justice for her mother, but I thought this was a solid performance for someone without any dance experience! She was having so much fun and it’s clear that she’s in good hands with Val. The judges were impressed with her poise and movement. Len wanted more body contact, but was impressed with the quality despite inadequate rehearsal time.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 = 18. Christie reveals that she has an ulnar plate and that the doctor said it was one of the worst breaks he had seen.

-

Karamo & Jenna: Queer Eye’s reboot introduced us to Karamo, the show’s culture expert and he’s got such an electrifying personality. He and Jenna for sure will create some sparks.

There’s a lot of acrobatics in this performance, and he DELIVERED. Len believed that he didn’t have hip action or rhythm but the lifts were fantastic. Carrie Ann thought he underperformed the routine and she wants to see his true potential.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 6 = 17. Some okay scores so far.

-

Ray & Alan: The latest NFL veteran believes that he can deliver in this season. Cheryl will definitely knock him into shape with their salsa.

He opens with a little touchdown dance and then gets into the partner work. It’s a decent dance but I still feel that Cheryl is carrying her partners. The judges were pretty impressed despite a few flubs.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 5 = 15. Bruno assures him that he’ll be better next week.

-

Mary & Brandon: A Motown LEGEND. She’s definitely ready to keep the sass with her new dance. I’m so happy she’s paired up with Brandon. This could be a unique and dynamic partnership.

Some of the moves were somewhat shaky, but they never fail to put a smile on my face. Carrie Ann thought it was a solid performance despite some mistakes, then she starts fangirling. Len loved the feel of the dance and Bruno thought she sold it well.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 6 = 17. That’s top half, a great debut for her!

-

Ally & Sasha: Another 5H member turned solo, and she gets the most obvious partner in Sasha. I think their personalities will mesh well.

Her moves are fluid and sharp, I wasn’t sure what to expect with her but she turned it out. Bruno loved her flair but thought that her timing was shaky. Len thought the choreography was too much, and Carrie Ann thought there should be a balance between finesse and sexiness.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 6 = 16. Umm... are Carrie Ann and Len on crack? This was just as dynamic of a performance as Lauren’s and Sailor’s. I didn’t think it was perfection but I also didn’t think it deserved a 5.

-

Sean &: Lindsay I may actually die if all the Trump supporters vote for him blindly. POOR LINDSAY!!! She’s such a fun coach though, I think she knows how to put on a show.

This is an extremely gimmicky performance but Lindsey did well with the choreography. All political affiliations aside, this was a lot better than I expected, and considering this was Sean Spicer... that’s saying a lot. Lindsay carries this dance for sure. Bruno saw that he was stiff and he and Carrie Ann agreed that he was off beat during the entire dance.

Scores: 4 | 4 | 4 = 12. At least that’s better than Lamar?

-

James & Emma: Well, well, well, if it isn’t James Van Der Douche. It seems like Dawson has been enjoying his time as a dad, even after playing such a misogynistic douche. I am so excited for him and Emma, their synergy is gonna be one for the books. He’s had some Broadway experience but that’s the only thing he’s got.

Already I can see this being the highest score. He’s very fluid on the dance floor, the choreography uses the stage well, and the intensity is flowing through the routine. Now THIS is winner potential! Len wanted a more compact hold but he along with the other judges were LIVING.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. I’m actually surprised that we didn’t get any 8’s thrown at all! But still that’s the highest score of the night! Way to go Hannah and James for bookmarking the night with the two highest scores!

-

Next Week: The audience isn’t voting tonight... but the voting will start up next week! How will the contestants shape up with their next dance?

Dance Ranking:
8 | 1.) James & Emma
7 | 2.) Hannah & Alan
7 | 3.) Sailor & Val
7 | 4.) Lauren & Gleb
7 | 5.) Ally & Sasha
6 | 6.) Mary & Brandon
6 | 7.) Karamo & Jenna
6 | 8.) Kel & Witney
5 | 9.) Kate & Pasha
5 | 10.) Ray & Cheryl
3 | 11.) Sean & Lindsay
3 | 12.) Lamar & Peta

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 22 2019, 04:59 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Personal Rankings:
01 | Lauren & Gleb
02 | James & Emma
03 | Hannah & Alan
04 | Ally & Sasha
05 | Sailor & Val
06 | Karamo & Jenna
07 | Kel & Witney
08 | Mary & Brandon
09 | Kate & Pasha
10 | Ray & Cheryl
11 | Lamar & Peta
12 | Sean & Lindsay

After mulling this over I’ve decided that Lauren & Gleb’s partnership could be very dynamic and that he’ll probably learn from his past mistakes and let her personality shine through, because that seems to give him his strongest dances (Jana’s waltz, Arike’s foxtrot and Sasha’s samba come to mind). It’s pretty close between the top 3, Hannah could have easily been #1 but they’re only knocked down bc of the potential for a showmance. Ally and Sailor also have very compatible partners and could surprise the competition.

-

Winner Prediction:
01 | James & Emma
02 | Hannah & Alan
03 | Lauren & Gleb

04 | Sailor & Val
05 | Ally & Sasha
06 | Mary & Brandon
07 | Karamo & Jenna
08 | Kel & Witney
09 | Ray & Cheryl
10 | Kate & Pasha
11 | Sean & Lindsay
12 | Lamar & Peta

James is giving me obvious winner vibes but I think anyone in the top 5 has the potential to win this thing.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 22 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
James Van Der Beek is such a daddy

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 24 2019, 03:04 AM
Post #17
Group icon
JUDGES ARE DECIDING WHO TO SAVE OUT OF THE BOTTOM 2

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Sep 25 2019, 10:25 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
I think having Mary Wilson from the fricking Supremes is way more of a bigger deal that Ally Brooke! I mean wowzers the Supremes are LEGENDS ohmy.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 1 2019, 02:59 AM
Post #19
Group icon
I forgot to post this but why not do it before the next show starts on the west coast tongue.gif

-

Watch all Week 2 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s Dancing With The Stars! This year they’re switching things up. Not only have they brought text votes back up, but this time, during the elimination ceremony, the bottom 2 will be announced and the judges will have the chance to save one couple. So basically similar to the Dance Off from Strictly but with just the one dance.

No voting this week, scores will be combined with the dances from next week and then the voting will begin!

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

James & Emma: So the last time he’s had some ballroom training was for a small bit in Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23 where his character lands on he DWTS stage (I think with Lacey Schwimmer?) and that it was a call to him secretly wanting to be on the show. That’s one heck of a crossover. There were some things that were a bit much, like the balloons, but the cha cha content was crisp and fine. Len seems to agree; he thought it was too gimmicky. James also reveals that he stepped on the fog machines and that’s how he got out of sync, but the rest of the dance Carrie Ann loved.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 = 20. I think had the balloons not happened Len would have given them a 7.

-

Sailor & Val: Sailor now has had a full week of training after a pleasant surprise for a Week 1 dance, and it’s a rumba, aka the DWTS kiss of death. Sailor seems nervous about dancing an intimate dance with her boyfriend watching... like girl, Val is MARRIED, you don’t need to worry about a thing. This was a quick rumba. Her footwork and timing are strong but her hip action could use some work, but she looked like she had fun. Bruno thought she was going through the motions - he thought she needed to channel more emotion. Carrie Ann agrees, and clarified that she needs to find a middle ground between the character and herself.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 = 18. Oh so same as last week.

-

Ray & Cheryl: Ray doesn’t want to focus on the scores but rather focus on the next day and next dance. The next dance is the foxtrot, and Cheryl explains that the dance feels like gliding. He’s been having trouble, so she has the idea to take him indoor skydiving. Well that was a laugh and a half.

This song choice was NOT made for the foxtrot. I... wasn’t sold on the beginning and I hoped that it would get better as the dance progressed. That said, it was okay for the most part. Carrie Ann saw a lot of mistakes and Len found him flat-footed. Yeah, that was what I caught for the most part. The judges do agree that his personality pretty much salvaged the dance.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 5 = 15. So far the scores are pretty much the same as before.

-

Ally & Sasha: Ally spills the tea on how she was heavily criticized for her dancing and reveals that the comments were much more scathing than expected. She’s been juggling a bunch of stuff (including a video shoot, probably for her Matoma collab?) and she wants to prove that she can do this.

She’s a lot better on hold but I did feel her hopping a lot during the dance, so that’s something that she needs to work on. Len and Bruno caught the technical issues, while Carrie Ann was mesmerized by the transformative aspect of the performance.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 = 20. A massive improvement! Ally wants to show people to persevere despite bullying.

-

Mary & Brandon: Mary was another surprise that came through the first week. The two of them have a bit of a generational gap as Brandon put it out and she relates to this when talking about her grandchildren.

She’s a bit tentative with her moves as I expected. It did feel like grandmother dancing at her grandson’s 8th birthday party but it was fun. The judges noticed that there were several mistakes and that Len needed to straighten her knees a bit, but her personality sells it.

Scores: 5 | 5 | 5 = 15. Lower than her usual I see.

-

Lauren & Gleb: Their strategy for the past doble is to draw from her confidence. Lauren reveals that she has a picture of her as a kid where she felt that she was the most confidence. I think I was more impressed by all the Paso content than I was at the end with that split. I found her explosive and fierce. Carrie Ann loves her confidence but noticed her shoulders getting hunched.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 7 = 19. Also impressive and consistent.

-

Sean & Lindsay: This was a bit of a mess... but Sean doesn’t seem bothered as he turns the thing to a campaign. Lindsay is a bit perturbed by the entire thing. Not much else shown in terms of rehearsal.

I felt that most of the dance was him walking around with Lindsay doing all of the work. He’s still stiff and clunky. Len comments that it was better than last week, and Carrie Ann notes that it was obvious that he was trying to hit the mark. Bruno was surprised at how much it looked like a tango.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 5 = 16. Idk what the judges are smoking.

-

Karamo & Jenna: He reveals that he recently got engaged and that his mother was a ballroom teacher for 50 years. So that’s another element of criticism for him

A PRINCE QUICKSTEP!!! I’m floored. There were some mistakes but I’m surprised by his performance level. Bruno thought the dance was light and fast but he and Carrie Ann wanted him to improve on his body contact.

Scores: 7 | 5 | 7 = 19. That’s another improvement for the books.

-

Kate & Pasha: I’m really excited for how she’ll improve within the week. The foxtrot for her seems more technically focused but she looks to be getting it. I was impressed by this dance! She nailed most of the technical parts and I thought the dance was really cute! Carrie Ann alludes to Kelly Osbourne who did extremely well and loved that she was improving on her technique. Len explains that he loved everything about the dance.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. Definitely agree with the scores. That was the most cohesive performance of the night.

-

Kel & Witney: Kel wants to draw inspiration from his ailing dad for his samba, which is interesting. I can tell that this came in naturally for him and that the moves came to him like clockwork. Bruno loved it but wanted to see more. Carie Ann also saw an improvement.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 = 20. Wow, they’re in line with James now.

-

Lamar & Peta: So... this is where the whole Lamar overdosing incident thing came from, especially with the Kardashian connection. He reveals that this was the lowest point in his life.

The dance still feels really clunky but I did find this much better than his first dance. Peta did pretty well to use his height to their advantage in the lifts. Len loved that he seemed more confident. Carrie Ann loves his solo parts but thought that his parts on hold were clunky.

Scores: 4 | 4 | 4 = 12. A bit of an improvement from his last dance but combined he’s a ways away from Sean now.

-

Hannah & Alan: She gets flashbacks to her first dance classes and at first she didn’t like it but then she got so used to it that she used it for her pageants. Last week reminded her of all the good parts of dancing and wanting to do something for herself.

Okay this has to be my favorite dance of the nice. It flowed super well, she dances super gracefully, and she eased into the dance well. Carrie Ann thought that it suited her well and that her extensions were graceful, and Len loved the musicality and thought it was the best dance of the night.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. So that’s where all the 8 paddles went.

-

Total Scores:
44 | 1.) Hannah & Alan
41 | 2.) James & Emma
38 | 3.) Lauren & Gleb
36 | 4.) Kate & Pasha
36 | 5.) Kel & Witney
36 | 6.) Ally & Sasha
36 | 7.) Karamo & Jenna
36 | 8.) Sailor & Val
33 | 9.) Mary & Brandon
30 | 10.) Ray & Cheryl
28 | 11.) Sean & Lindsay
23 | 12.) Lamar & Peta

-

So... who is safe and who is in the bottom 2?

Safe:
Lamar & Peta (wow!)
James & Emma
Ally & Sasha
Karamo & Jenna
Sean & Lindsay (umm)
Hannah & Alan (YAS)
Sailor & Val
Kel & Witney
Lauren & Gleb
Kate & Pasha

In Jeopardy: Ray & Cheryl, Mary & Brandon Idk they both had MOR performances so I kinda understand why they’re in the bottom

Who will the judges save?
Carrie Ann: Mary & Brandon
Bruno: Ray & Cheryl
Len: Ray & Cheryl

Eliminated: Mary & Brandon
It feels a bit yikes that the two couples at the bottom are still in the competition (who is voting for Sean?) but overall I kinda like this new voting process. Thus we know who is getting the votes and who isn’t.

-

Next Week: Movie night! The remaining pairs will dance to famous movie songs. Who will win all the awards.

Dance Ranking:
8 | 1.) Hannah & Alan
8 | 2.) Kate & Pasha
7 | 3.) Ally & Sasha
7 | 4.) Lauren & Gleb
7 | 5.) Kel & Witney
6 | 6.) Karamo & Jenna
6 | 7.) James & Emma
6 | 8.) Sailor & Val
5 | 9.) Mary & Brandon
5 | 10.) Ray & Cheryl
3 | 11.) Sean & Lindsay
3 | 12.) Lamar & Peta

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 1 2019, 03:34 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Last season was the season of sketchy voting and bad decisions, this year is the season of people dropping out (a la season 21) tongue.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:56 PM