BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Walking Dead, starts October 31st, UK Transmission: 5th November F/X
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chris.
post 20th October 2010, 02:50 PM
Post #21
Everything goes numb
Group icon
User: 4,561

pilot has leaked apparently, although i cant find it sad.gif

edit: i got it, not the best quality ever, but its decent enough.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 20th October 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #22
Everything goes numb
Group icon

just watched the first episode, was very good, the only bits that i didnt like was how some (not that major, but not extremely minor) parts were inconsistent with the comic for example: Shane and Lori kissing, the comic sort of emphasises that when they had sex (on the way to atlanta) lori very much regretted that, yet she kissed him with little hesitation, and then also the bit with the tank, clearly Glenn is going to save Rick differently than in the comics, where there isnt the tank bit. Also its very differently paced than the comic, but thats just it being adapted to tv i guess, some of it i think, thats ok as its adapting it to work on tv, but some bits i want it more similar, i do hope the story doesnt change at all, thats when i'll start to rant, so yeah what i didnt like, the inconsistencies with the comic, wont affect you unless you have read it, will be interesting to see what people who havent read the comic think about it.

oh and the zombies looked f***ing fantastic, mega kudos to the people behind making them.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 21st October 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #23
All hail the mighty Pingu
Group icon
User: 5,921

Sounds interesting ohmy.gif

I love a good zombie apocalypse....unless they get too cheesy but this seems like it won't be.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd October 2010, 01:03 PM
Post #24
WINTER IS COMING
Group icon
User: 88

Really want to watch this. The only problem is my Uni are bast*rds at not letting us watch certain streams. Chris do you know if there is a zshare link anywhere? I tried looking last night, but couldn't find one, and that's the only site that I find that works normally on this internet connection.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 22nd October 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #25
Everything goes numb
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Oct 22 2010, 02:03 PM) *
Really want to watch this. The only problem is my Uni are bast*rds at not letting us watch certain streams. Chris do you know if there is a zshare link anywhere? I tried looking last night, but couldn't find one, and that's the only site that I find that works normally on this internet connection.

sorry i havent, only streams i've seen is megavideo.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 22nd October 2010, 11:04 PM
Post #26
Group icon

I just watched the first episode, loved it. They did well to make the situation seem desperate and the characters were believable. The bit with the zombie wife/mother was sad though. sad.gif Guess that's how it goes in Zombie Outbreaks.

The main guy (haven't fully gotten his name yet tongue.gif) really duffed up that Horse though with promises of food and other horses. Poor Horse. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 22nd October 2010, 11:05 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th October 2010, 03:28 PM
Post #27
WINTER IS COMING
Group icon

Finally watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. A lot of Zombie stuff is done really poorly imo, but this was done really well. I felt really sympathetic towards Rick, and the story with the black man and his son wasn really touching. The sniper bit was quite hard to watch, but you could really understand his pain.

Anyway, lots of potential I think. I've never read the comics so I can't compare them, but in TV adapations they ALWAYS change things, just because they have to really. The horse scene at the end was GRIM though.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 1st November 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #28
Everything goes numb
Group icon

so this aired in the US last night, the general consensus seems to be that it was amazing, like i havent seen anyone say it was anything less than amazing.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 2nd November 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #29
Everything goes numb
Group icon

The US premiere of The Walking Dead which aired on Halloween pulled in a massive 5.3 million viewers! Just to give you an idea of how massive this number is- it was the biggest debut audience for any series premiere on any cable network this year!

Not only that it was also the highest figure for any series in the whole of AMC’s history (even beating the award winning Mad Men- the network’s most successful series to date and Breaking Bad). It was also the most watched non-sports show on Sunday night.

I think that says it all. I think we can assume this series is gonna last for way more than the 2 seasons already confirmed.

+Quote this post
West
post 2nd November 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group icon
User: 8,054

Pilot was amazing! It exceeded my expectations by a lot. It felt like it was a high budget movie, I can't wait for the next episode.

Dexter and The Walking Dead now make Sunday nights impeccable!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 5th November 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #31
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group icon
User: 2

The Pilot episode was AMAZING it felt like the hour just went too quick, I'm literally glued, with no commercial breaks ohmy.gif just when I wanted to have a pee halfway thru it, I resisted

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 5th November 2010, 11:29 PM
Post #32
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
Group icon
User: 1,209

Brilliant first episode, looking forward to the next..

+Quote this post
chloe01
post 8th November 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #33
New Entry
Group icon
User: 12,170

Well the walking dead season 1 is on air guys.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 8th November 2010, 08:36 PM
Post #34
Everything goes numb
Group icon

mega mega dissapointment in the second episode, here is why:

WHAT THE FLYING f***, right, first of all if we forget how much this is insanely inaccurate to the comics this episode is just written bad, "and one last thing guys, he was a organ donor", worse line ever written. now I know tv's inevitably going to change things to make it work, im fine by that, but seriously this episode was just mostly non-existant in the comics, right down to even the characters, not just storyline, like seriously i'm f***ed off that they have created new characters, it's just uncalled for, especially as these characters are just, well $h!t characters. let me tell you about what makes The Walking Dead one of the best comics and why i was excited for this show, THE CHARACTERS, so when they change characters for the tv show it angers me, case in point: LORI, in the comics Lori and Shane have sex while on their way to Atlanta, while Rick is still in a coma, Lori really really beats herself up about this, and barely looks Shane in the eye afterwords, it's part of her character that she is faithful to Rick which is why the sex was a one time thing, SPUR OF THE MOMMENT type thing, not a sneak off planned into the woods to have really bad fake sex type thing, it may not seem that big a deal if you havent read the comics, but out of all that is wrong with this show that is what f***s me off the most. Also the zombies, Robert Kirkman has written a lot in the comic and replies to letters about the zombies, and basically in the comics, they can't run, they can't climb ladders, and they can't pick up rocks and smash windows.

it's a shame that they are doing this, i was thinking this could be something great but already at episode 2 they are f***ing up the story, the characters and even the zombies. the comic has genius characters and plot points, which doesnt appear to be the way the tv show is going, my advice if it keeps going this way, don't bother watching it and read a much better story with well developed characters by buying the comics.

+Quote this post
Daniel.
post 9th November 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group icon
User: 9,900

Here is the Empire article I was talking about Chris; they took it down for some reason (I think because AMC confirmed then it went back to being unconfirmed) and now season two is definitely happening the article has once again appeared on their homepage - Frank Darabont talks about bringing in Michonne next year, who is his favourite character apparently. You guessed right Chris.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28804

Really need to catch up on this.

This post has been edited by Daniel II: 9th November 2010, 07:48 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 9th November 2010, 08:09 PM
Post #36
WINTER IS COMING
Group icon

Chris I think your view is a lot different to that of mine - because you have read the comics. I think the show is fantastic. I hear your points about them changing the characters, but perhaps they have had to do that in order to create a higher sense of tense when Rick joins the main group. The zombies too...they wouldn't be very scary looking if they couldn't run, or do human-like things on TV. It adds extra tension to it all as opposed to them just being there and looking gormless. I can understand your frustration as I would probably have a similar view if I read the comics, but none of these adaptations are 'like for like'. They're just a basic outline for a TV show, I mean I know you don't watch it (I don't think), but take True Blood as an example. I've not read the books, but from what I gather the character of BIll is basically NON-EXISTANT after the beginning of the books...yet there is no way that will happen in the TV shows.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 9th November 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #37
Everything goes numb
Group icon

i dont expect it to be like for like, but Robert Kirkman (writer of the comics) is executive producer, and as far as i'm concerned, he is a storywriting genius, i would expect him to have stopped anything that changed the characters etc, thats my biggest beef, i guess you wouldnt understand unless you had read them but if you change the personality of a character it's gonna change a lot of things, from what ive read on another forum where most people have read the comics what most people are furious with is what they have changed about Lori, it just makes me lose faith in the series, seriously if you think the show is this great when the season ends i highly reccomend you check out the comics because seriously, so so so so so much better. that and you have to admit, the writing of that episode was just $h!t.

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 9th November 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #38
Everything goes numb
Group icon

If Michonne is in season 2 then I hope it means we get the prison (well we will as that's where Michonne comes into the story, and its pretty major they wont get around it) and hopefully woodbury in season 2 (but thinking about it the whole Woodbury/Govenor saga would make a great long-term (one season) storyline so maybe season 3), but yeah the Woodbury/Governor is the best storyline imo (which sort of interlinks with the prison bit, when they find the prison is when it gets really really really really really good rather than just really really good).

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 9th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #39
Group icon

I liked this episode, but then again I haven't read the comics so I haven't anything to compare it against. It is annoying when too many things get changed around in any tv or movie adaptation though. I'm not necessarily against a few new characters in a tv or movie adaption as long as they work.

I might read the comics.....is there anywhere I can read them online by any chance?

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 9th November 2010, 09:45 PM

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 9th November 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #40
Everything goes numb
Group icon

QUOTE(Sabrewulf @ Nov 9 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I liked this episode, but then again I haven't read the comics so I haven't anything to compare it against. It is annoying when too many things get changed around in any tv or movie adaptation though. I'm not necessarily against a few new characters in a tv or movie adaption as long as they work.

I might read the comics.....is there anywhere I can read them online by any chance?

I'll send you a PM wink.gif

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 05:48 PM