BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Walking Dead, starts October 31st, UK Transmission: 5th November F/X
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Sabrewulf
post 9th November 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #41
Group icon
All hail the mighty Pingu
User: 5,921

QUOTE(Chris. @ Nov 9 2010, 09:51 PM) *
I'll send you a PM wink.gif

Thanks. smile.gif

Is Jacqui a new character? I was looking a little on the walking dead wikia and I didn't see any comic shots of her...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 9th November 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561

QUOTE(Sabrewulf @ Nov 9 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Thanks. smile.gif

Is Jacqui a new character? I was looking a little on the walking dead wikia and I didn't see any comic shots of her...

yeah, Jacqui, T-Dawg (or whatever his name was), Dixon, the other black guy, and the guy who went with Glenn in the sewers are all new characters, i think one problem aswell with this is too many characters at the camp, it might be a bit different with tv, but in the comics you really connect and feel for each character and thats because were not overwhelmed by them, and also thinking about it we havent seen Claire/Sophia, and Donna/Allen/Ben/Billy, so maybe the new characters are in place of them but I hope not, but it would be better if they kept the same amount of characters in the comics so you conenct to everyone, then when people do die there is so much more impact, i have a feeling these extra characters are just in place to be killed, which imo is a bad decision due to what i said before, the impact of them dying.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 9th November 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #43
Group icon

I actually spent the whole of the second episode worrying that Glenn was going to be killed.

It's one of the downsides of watching The Vampire diaries, where they love to kill someone every five minutes. sad.gif

I think Glenn is one of my favourite characters right now, but my faves always end up dying. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 9th November 2010, 10:13 PM

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 12th November 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I'm really getting into the series, considering I never read the comics, but looking forward to my Christmas box, some comics will be coming my way biggrin.gif Episode 2 was really good, shame about the ad breaks, after last week's ad free episode.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 15th November 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #45
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Another good episode. The pace slowed down at times, but I guess it had to.

Chris I was thinking about your points about the actors earlier, and then perhaps it wasn't their choice not to write in some of the characters. I can imagine casting would be very difficult, especially if there have already been cartoon drawings of them already, so maybe for some of the mess prominent characters they just found the best possible actors and re-wrote them?

Can't believe the first series is already over and only a few days have passed HA...

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 16th November 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #46
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 15 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Can't believe the first series is already over and only a few days have passed HA...

Over already? ohmy.gif

How many episodes is there?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 16th November 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #47
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Sabrewulf @ Nov 16 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Over already? ohmy.gif

How many episodes is there?

Six ha...I thought there was four initially until I did some research earlier!

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 16th November 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #48
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 16 2010, 07:46 PM) *
Six ha...I thought there was four initially until I did some research earlier!

Wow sad.gif

It seems like Jacqui could be the equivalent of Donna from the comics....in the third episode she was talking about being unhappy with the division of work and how the woman ended up doing the washing. Just like Donna did in the comics.

Also, I don't think Merle Dixon is dead....I bet he sawed off his hand with the saw and escaped. (I think T-Dog dropped a hand saw with the tools)

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 16th November 2010, 08:06 PM

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 16th November 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 15 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Another good episode. The pace slowed down at times, but I guess it had to.

Chris I was thinking about your points about the actors earlier, and then perhaps it wasn't their choice not to write in some of the characters. I can imagine casting would be very difficult, especially if there have already been cartoon drawings of them already, so maybe for some of the mess prominent characters they just found the best possible actors and re-wrote them?

comic book art is not cartoon drawings mate.

anyway, the only characters now missing are Donna and family which looks like is what Jaqui is being made as. I was a bit WTF at Carol, one being that age and two, her woman beating husband being around, i can't see the future character development and sub plots for her even existing, im completely confused on that part.

quite frankly i think the acting is pretty bad in this, with Andrew Lincoln maybe being an exception, a lot of people on another forum seem to agree, aswell as it being paced really badly (which is a shame as the comics are paced great, obviously i expect a different pacing but it's just not good pacing imo).

the last shot pissed me off majorly because to me it seems like they are implying something with him being handless, and what i think they are implying means that they are basically going to ignore the best part of the whole story and just do some sort of cop out alternative which would be $h!t, as well as completely f***ing over one of the most genius characters in the whole series, so if he does become who i think he is gonna become... im just gonna be very pissed off, this series had so much more potenial that it's showing.

theres too many background characters as well imo, compared to the comics, it just seems, unnessacary more than anything, in the comics you get invested in every character, and thats something that's special about it, where as this we really wont give a $h!t when one is torn apart by zombies.

also the accents are p***ing me off, so annoying, especially lori and shane.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 16th November 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #50
Group icon

I'd second what Chris said about the cartoons

Comic Book Art wouldn't be what I call a cartoon, the walking dead comics have very detailed surroundings and facial expressions. Some animes (japanese "cartoons") are very expressive too and not really cartoons in the kiddy sense.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 16th November 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #51
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

I was in a rushed and only used cartoons because it was the first thing that came into my head...did not mean any offence by it, but couldn't think of a better word to say.

Chris I really think the show will not stay true to the comics at all. Like I mentioned a week or see ago I see it being like True Blood where it is moreso loosely adapted and probably inspired as opposed to being a direct adaptation. I dare say somewhere down the line they might not kill a character off ala Lafyette in True Blood because they are well recieved by the audience.

Some of the acting is not too good, but the guy who plays Rick Grimes is brilliant and the person who plays Merle Dixon was just brilliant. I would assume he sawed off his own hand, which would have been very slow and painful judging by the size of the hacksaw. Although where he went I have no idea

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 17th November 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Rooney @ Nov 16 2010, 11:57 PM) *
Chris I really think the show will not stay true to the comics at all. Like I mentioned a week or see ago I see it being like True Blood where it is moreso loosely adapted and probably inspired as opposed to being a direct adaptation. I dare say somewhere down the line they might not kill a character off ala Lafyette in True Blood because they are well recieved by the audience.

Which is why the show will be much much worse than the comics, if you read them you will understand, especially the killing characters part, they are in the zombie apocolypse, it's inevitable, they even talk about how they have a short life span in the comics, and if they are well recieved that makes it even better, the impact of that is massive, i remember when Tyresse died in the comics, such a f***ing powerful part of it, but if what i think is happening with Dixon then this means his death probaly wont even happen, or he mught not even become part of the series, when they start messing things this much (assuming my theory about Dixon is correct), they will not only f*** over the best storyline there is, they will ruin lots of other things such as just how f***ing evil that man is and smaller parts of the plot like Tyresses death (ok that wasnt small but its one momment in the overlying plot). Quite frankly, read the comics over watching the show and you will realise why i am this critictal because the comics are that good, you see all the potenial the tv show had and how its losing it.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 17th November 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #53
Group icon

Yeah...I wonder if there will be as many characters dying in the tv series. The comics have great suspense you never really know when a characters time could be up.

There are some things I really doubt the tv series will go near like The brutal murders of Rachel and Susiel but I don't think characters being bitten and then dying is too traumatic for people. :/

I'm even starting to wonder if they'll have Carl shoot Shane

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 17th November 2010, 08:51 PM

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 17th November 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #54
Group icon
Everything goes numb

looks like you are addicted to the comics already Sabre? have you been enjoying them?

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 17th November 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #55
Group icon

QUOTE(Chris. @ Nov 17 2010, 08:51 PM) *
looks like you are addicted to the comics already Sabre? have you been enjoying them?

Yeah, it's great. I'm on issue 43 now...it's the issue where Woodbury attacks the prison. Should be really exciting. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 17th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #56
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Sabrewulf @ Nov 17 2010, 09:31 PM) *
Yeah, it's great. I'm on issue 43 now...it's the issue where Woodbury attacks the prison. Should be really exciting. biggrin.gif

yeah the whole Woodbury saga is my favourite part of the whole series (it's still great the whole way through so far though, but just the whole Woodbury storyline was so needed and just so f***ing brilliant, and The Governor is such a f***ing great character.) Robert Kirkman is such a storytelling genius, pacing, characters, storylines all so amazing.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 17th November 2010, 10:55 PM
Post #57
Group icon

I just finished reading Issue 48...

Judith..., the innocent little baby. cry.gif It was so sad....and Lori too....god

I'm glad Lilly made the general pay in the end though.....however I would have preferred it to have been Michone who killed him

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 17th November 2010, 10:57 PM

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 17th November 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Everything goes numb

QUOTE(Sabrewulf @ Nov 17 2010, 10:55 PM) *
I just finished reading Issue 48...

Judith..., the innocent little baby. cry.gif It was so sad....and Lori too....god

see what I mean about impact of deaths now, it's why we shouldnt be overloaded with characters so we feel like this when they die, it what puts The Walking Dead above generic predictable tripe, which is hy I expect better from the tv show, it should be doing the genius thing rather than the mass appeal thing. (as in go more The Wire than True Blood)

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 23rd November 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Everything goes numb

again, wasnt that into this episode, i did like the kidnap bit and when they bust in "all guns blazing", which isnt from the comics btw, but then it was sort of ruined by being a bit... ridiculous in the end. the ending of the episode was too little too late, and i'm left unbothered about Amy dying as we have barely even seen her. oh and in the first episode i was really impressed with how the zombies looked, and now they are just getting sloppy with things, like Mryle's hand didn't even look remotely real.

it really just makes me think that people should be reading the comics over watching this, and i'm sure sales will go up anyway, but seriously, i can hardly take this show seriously when i have read the brilliant written and pace comic book series which actually devlops characters and creates suspense creativly with better storylines.

+Quote this post
Sabrewulf
post 23rd November 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #60
Group icon

Grandma to the rescue! tongue.gif

I liked Amy sad.gif I felt really sad at the end....probably more than I did in the comic tbh.......but in both cases Amy died very quickly so that probably made it easier for me to like her more in the tv show.

It's probably a mixture of the tv show and the comic character that made me sad about it.

This post has been edited by Sabrewulf: 23rd November 2010, 08:08 PM

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:22 PM