BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Least Favorite Disney Animated Classic Round 4, Heigh Ho
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Least Fave
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
Nina West
post Nov 23 2015, 01:14 AM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Welcome to Round 4 of Least Fave Disney classic, and we say goodbye to another 4 movies, one from each decade 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. After such a close tight battle, it was these unfortunate ones that lost the overall battle.

"Meet The Robinsons" gains by far the highest amount of votes with 17, which comes to no surprise after picking up pretty high votes in the previous rounds and passing by the skin of it's teeth. Then there's "The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" which gains 9 and again coming close in the last round, but only picked up 1 in the first round. Then the other 2 "The Rescuers Down Under", meaning we lose the first of the Disney Renaissance era, but this was the least successful from that age, such a shame that it's bowed out this early, a pretty decent movie, much better than the first one. Finally there's "Oliver & Company" which also had 8 votes, not a bad movie, but not as good as I remember it.

As for the other results, quite a few came close to the chopping block, so this will make this round more interesting, "Basil The Great Mouse Detective" & "Atlantis" both came very close with 7 votes each, while "The Rescuers", "The Black Cauldron" & "Treasure Planet" also came close with 6 votes.

44th Meet The Robinsons = 17 Votes

In the 44th position is "Meet The Robinsons", which doesn't seem to be very popular anywhere, but in honesty I didn't find it all that bad, the animation is impressive and it's definitely a step up from the dire "Chicken Little" and it does have a decent villain. But I can see why it gets ignored, the characters are just way too cluttered, and the story is al over the place, and then there's the stupid dinosaur chase scene, that's just tacked on to pad out the running time. It's at about the right place on here though and while I don't think it's terrible, it did have a lot of potential, but kinda falls flat in some many places.

43rd The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh = 9 Votes

At #43 is "The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" with 9 votes, and again not a terrible movie, but just doesn't appeal to me, I've watched this again recently and found it rather boring, it just seems to be aimed at small children only, okay I know that's the point, but with a lot of the other Disney animated films they appeal to all ages and have a timeless quality to them. This one however is timeless, but doesn't quite connect and it's hard to find anything memorable about it, apart from the lovable characters such as Winnie The Pooh himself, Tigger and Piglet.

=42nd Oliver & Company = 8 Votes

At #43 is "Oliver & Company", a movie I used to really enjoy over and over as a kid, but as a grown up, yeah I do still like it, but it doesn't really hold up that well by today's standards. There are quite a lot of positives about this movie such as the voice acting by Billy Joel and Bette Midler is fantastic, and a young Joey Lawrence as Oliver is really good and the songs are really decent, especially "Why Should I Worry". But as for the negatives, firstly the story isn't very engaging and the animation looks well and truly dated, it looks washed out and the colours are very bland and the fact that "The Little Mermaid" came out a year later, there was no excuse for this poor animation.

=42nd The Rescuers Down Under = 8 Votes

Another fond memory from my childhood, remember having this on Easter day, and just loved it and still love it today. Such a shame that this got voted out this early. This marks the first and only cinematic sequel Disney had ever released, but because this didn't do very well all sequels were now handled by DisneyToon Studios and went direct to video. This was the 2nd movie in the Disney Renaissance era, following on from "The Little Mermaid", and is often the most forgotten from that period, it's a really good movie, much stronger than the first one storywiise and animation wise and deserves much better and comes highly underrated.

Right then we are now down to the final 40, and same rules apply vote for your 4 least faves and you know how the rest works by now.

Results So Far

=42nd The Rescuers Down Under = 8/7.21%
=42nd Oliver & Company = 8/7.21%
43rd The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh = 9/8.11%
44th Meet The Robinsons = 17/15.31%
=46th Fantasia 2000 = 8/8.60%
=46th Chicken Little = 8/8.60%
47th Home On The Range = 9/9.68%
48th The Adventures Of Ichabod and Mr Toad = 10/10.75%
49th The Three Caberllos = 14/15.05%
50th Dinosaur = 8/6.96%
=53rd Fun & Fancy Free = 10/8.70%
=53rd Make Mine Music = 10/8.70%
=53rd Saludos Amigos = 10/8.70%
54th Melody Time = 11/9.57%

This post has been edited by Acidburn: Nov 26 2015, 12:27 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Nov 23 2015, 01:17 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Going for "The Black Cauldron", "Treasure Planet", "Bolt" & "Winnie The Pooh"

+Quote this post
Leonardo
post Nov 23 2015, 03:38 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,502
Still going for Brother Bear, Bolt & Big Hero 6, and now the 2011 Winnie The Pooh movie.

EDIT: Also, Down Under is superior to the original which I'll probably be gunning for in a few rounds.

This post has been edited by Leonardo: Nov 23 2015, 03:39 AM

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Nov 23 2015, 10:33 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
Rescuers, basil.gif , Brother Bear and Aristocats. What's with the hate on Meet The Robinsons though? sob.gif I loved the characters, plot and it was overall a great movie heart.gif

+Quote this post
Viper*
post Nov 23 2015, 03:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I Just Can't Feel The Same About You Anymore.
User: 25
Atlantis, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet and The Rescuers. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
post Nov 23 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
QUOTE(Leonardo @ Nov 23 2015, 03:38 AM) *
EDIT: Also, Down Under is superior to the original which I'll probably be gunning for in a few rounds.

Agreed. Down Under is really grand and masterful, some of Disney's greatest early animation. The first one is so much worse, I think people were voting for what they haven't seen. Same with Oliver and Company, which is really cute. Those who haven't watched Down Under, I strongly recommend!

I'm surprised The Aristocats already has votes. Such a good film!

This post has been edited by Joe.: Nov 23 2015, 03:49 PM

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Nov 25 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #7
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
The Rescuers, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Winnie The Pooh and The Princess and The Frog for me.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Nov 25 2015, 05:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The next round will be tomorrow

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:17 AM