BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Buzzjack CD Swap #6: Sign Ups, Closed~
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post Jul 28 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

hi.gif Welcome! So the CD swap was a previously annual event but has been unfortunately defunct for the last three years, I really enjoyed these and was sad about this so I thought the time is right to bring it back and hopefully introduce this to the new BuzzGeneration since the last one!

For those that don't know how this works, the CD swap is a music sharing event in which everyone taking part makes a short playlist of certain obscure music and then they are anonymised and distributed randomly between participants and everyone then submits a short (or long x) review of the CD they received, before the sender and track names are then revealed after the review has been posted. It's just a fun and interactive way of sharing music, I know I've discovered some great songs from the process before~

THE BASIC RULES

01. Your CD must be between 40 and 80 minutes long, it can obvs be a few minutes under or over but try and put at least ten tracks on there and don't go overboard with the longer tracks those who are inclined to them x

02. Even though this is in the Indie forum, there are NO BOUNDARIES with genre, artists or theme. Pop, R'n'B and Dance are as welcome as Alternative music, BUT keep in mind the purpose of the event is discovery of new and obscure music, so try to avoid big chart or blogosphere hits (unless it's intentional or whatever as part of your theme~) or things that most people might have already heard.

03. When you have your playlist (just download all the MP3s and put them in one folder, a bit like making an MP3 pack for BJSC), you must delete ALL artist/song/album/artwork information (and any iTunes tags) so the song cannot be identified. There is a post here by Medicated Soap/Mariah Scary or ... as he's apparently known now (whom this is the brainchild of ;o) that shows you how to do that using iTunes. You are encouraged to then use your own names for the tracks or to create new artwork for it etc., or just name then 'Track 1', 'Track 2' etc., just as long as no trace of the original titles remain.

04. Once you have this, make this into a .zip/.rar file, give it a name and upload it to a file sharing site. I use SendSpace, but I know some have issues with that so Zippyshare and Dropbox seem to be the main options, and then send it via PM to me (Chez Wombat). Do not post it anywhere else on the forum and ensure the link works before sending it.

05. After the deadline, I will then randomly assign the CDs to all of the participants (it will be entirely random.org based so it may land with someone whose close to you in taste or it may not ;o)

06. You must then post a review of the CD in the new thread that will follow. I'll go more into detail there but basically, you score each track out of 10 and provide at least one word on each and then post it, the creator of the CD can then reveal the tracks (and this can then be shared amongst other participants if they wish). This is important as quite a lot of people didn't get a review last time and I will be monitoring this time, I'm not gonna ban anyone or anything but I do ask that if you sign up, please ensure that you are able to devote time to listening to and reviewing your CD. I get we all have lives, but no review is a slap in the face to the person that went to the effort to compile it.

07. Also, if you would like to know who you are compiling a CD for so you can tailor it a bit more to their tastes, please let me know in here or PM me!

Submissions are open now! Please let me know in this thread if you'd like to sign up (or you can just PM me, but this is just so I have some idea of interest and know who to nag when the deadline comes around tongue.gif). Please send your CDs to me by August 8th 23:59 (I hope 10 days is enough time, I can extend it as I know making it is fairly time consuming)

Have fun compiling x

Participants:

Chez Wombat
UltraRedLight
awardinary
Cal
Iz~
Lindsey
Capybréra
Cherry
Frankluck
danG
dandy*
Brett Butler
Silas
*Tim
Harve
360Jupiter
Floater

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Aug 15 2017, 09:17 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Jul 28 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
i have a busted an mnm cd i can send thru the post if u want x

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jul 28 2017, 10:40 PM
Post #3
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
this sounds really good! I'll try & get round to this over the next few days!

+Quote this post
awardinary
post Jul 28 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587
I'd like to get involved too please Chez! smile.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post Jul 28 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964
Yay always loved these. Plz sign me up!

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jul 28 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I am so up for this, I always enjoyed doing these. Somewhat surprisingly, I also enjoyed the whole secrecy thing, with varying degrees of success. I wonder if I'll be able to do that this time.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Jul 29 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #7
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
August is a bit of a write off for me as far as Buzzjack goes atm but I cant pass up participating in this, so sign me up! I may need to make my CD like super early though as I go to Florida on the 5th laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jul 29 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I think I will actually have another go at this. I still feel a bit bad for failing to ever listen to the CD I received last time but I'll try my best to not let that happen again this time laugh.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jul 29 2017, 12:51 PM
Post #9
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777
I'd love to do this!

+Quote this post
FrankLuck
post Jul 29 2017, 01:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,284
Always wanted to give this a try, sign me up pls!

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 29 2017, 01:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
Sign me up also.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jul 29 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Yes please!

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 29 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Sign me up for this.

I never got a review for my CD the last time we did it, even though 2 different people agreed to do it. sad.gif

Can't even remember what was on that CD now, I believe it's on a different computer.

+Quote this post
m
post Jul 29 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #14
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
edit, sorry, nevermind heehee.gif I won't take part this time, but enjoy it guys, it's a really fun experience! I might pop in to read some of the reviews sometime ~

This post has been edited by M.: Jul 29 2017, 07:33 PM

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Jul 29 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
QUOTE(M. @ Jul 29 2017, 07:56 PM) *
edit, sorry, nevermind heehee.gif I won't take part this time, but enjoy it guys, it's a really fun experience! I might pop in to read some of the reviews sometime ~

sad.gif always open if you change your mind x

Thanks for the responses guys! Dw I will try to ensure everyone gets a review this time, you'll have the whole of August and probably a bit of September so it should be enough time!

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: Jul 29 2017, 08:51 PM

+Quote this post
m
post Jul 29 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #16
Group icon
I asked for my account to be banned
User: 7,132
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jul 29 2017, 09:50 PM) *
sad.gif always open if you change your mind x

Thanks for the responses guys! Dw I will try to ensure everyone gets a review this time, you'll have the whole of August and probably a bit of September so it should be enough time!

Thanks Chez - I just thought I wouldn't have the time / energy to commit to it this time! The amount of time for listening + reviewing you've mentioned here is kind of encouraging though, so I'll consider it!

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jul 30 2017, 09:33 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jul 28 2017, 11:11 PM) *
don't go overboard with the longer tracks those who are inclined to them x

I feel personally attacked.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 31 2017, 11:55 AM
Post #18
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Hai indie forum!

I love these so I'm in.

+Quote this post
*Tim
post Jul 31 2017, 04:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660
I'm in as well, please send me a reminder if I forget, times are hectic xo

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jul 31 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
Could I suggest that we can opt in to knowing who receives our CD before compiling it? For example I'd be more than happy to make a CD for Phil but I'm not sure if he'd appreciate receiving an hour of minimal techno from me for example. I could still make something adventurous while not being entirely out of his comfort zone.

Likewise I'm sure he has plenty of suggestions for me as our tastes do indeed cross over but this probably wouldn't involve a collection of Delta Goodrem B-Sides.

Also sign me up pls x

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:31 AM