BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cor Lupus | Official National Thread, #BJSC163 | 🩸 LEXXE - Santa Sangre 🩸
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 19 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #341
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
QUOTE(Addy K!ng @ Mar 19 2017, 01:54 PM) *
Team America still going strong cheer.gif...we lost Adonia but...

Love this wub.gif
And Aesthetica! sob.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 19 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #342
Group icon
Might as well continue this while there's traffic in the BJSC forum

BJSC 2016: #TheRoadSoFar

Best Of The Best:

131.) Doop - "Tequila" (Harmonica)
132.) Alfons - "Ganjaman" (Beaverdonia)
133.) Genevieve - "Show Your Colors (PLS&TY Remix)" (Summericia)
134.) Dive In - "Eighteen" (Trifoski)
135.) Illenium f/Joni Fatora - "Fortress" (Terra Avium)
136.) Kelsea Ballerini - "XO" (Brechtoria)
137.) Chrystina Sayers - From Here" (Aesthetica)
138.) Vogel - "Hologram" (Deandria)
139.) FMLYBND - "Come Alive" (Medhelnia)
140.) Croatia Squad & Lika Morgan - "Make Your Move" (South Danaelanda)

The first of Medhelnia appears here in a FMLYBND track that appears in FIFA. Hopefully a reversion back to this strategy puts them back in the final. We also see the first of Beaverdonia, Trifoski and South Danaelanda appear, as well as the first time pointing Summericia in a final.

-

Country Yearbook Write-Ups:

Deandria:
Quirky, dreamy, interesting. That's what I get from the Deandrian aesthetic. And normally they're songs I'd expect Mattias to send. Sooooooo something like the first four months + Maya's Moving Castle. Interestingly I got really excited by Deandria during the last two 2016 contests, with Clement Bazin and Vogel, my two favorites of you guys by far (with Daya at a close third). Vogel was obviously the best, a Dirty Androids-esque retrosynth track and that was always gonna get my attention. Then we have "With You" which was also grabbing but missed out on points during the semi sad.gif "Alchemy" comes in third, the way it switches from a creepy pop tune to a classy waltz ballad is both an interesting juxtaposition and something that actually works. And Tzlil was basic pop that is done right. The next few are okay, I did like Blackbriar enough for it to get a pretty high score for me but I didn't point it in the end and I kinda forgot about the contest as a whole so never really got back to it, from what I remember it sounded like an Evanescence track so right on. Not entirely sure why Allie X passed me by, and Ecca Vandal more or less the same as Allie. Still glad you got a winner anyway. And the rest I just kinda forgot about. But you get the gist.
2017 Onwards: Not entirely sure what to think of Fakear.
Ranking: Vogel - Hologram [#138] > Clement Bazin - With You > Poison Ivory - Alchemy > Tzlil - Oh My Love > Blackbriar - Until Eternity> Allie X - Sanctuary > Ecca Vandal - Father Hu$$la > - In Your Bones > Maya's Moving Castle - When You Wish Upon The Stars > Anna And The Barbies - Álmatlan > NOËP - Move

Brechtoria:
COME BACK. You were onto something with Kelsea and Stadiumx. Also really enjoyed the GLADES song for what it is. Don't let one last place keep you from this contest!
Ranking: Kelsea Ballerini - XO [#136] > Stadiumx - Mombasa > GLADES - Her (Loving You) > Tigertown - Lonely Cities > The Boxer Rebellion - Big Ideas

Terra Avium:
As you can tell from what happened during semi results I'm still bitter about Conner Youngblood not qualifying. There's always that one TA song that grabs me and knocks me out (and eventually becomes one of my potentials, see Coyote Kisses with "Ferrari" and "Waiting For You"), and this time it was Fortress. I knew of Illenium from his remix of "Operate" by Kill Paris (yay more of my past potentials) and hearing more of the songs that Chez sent to me was giving me more hype for that. Other than that, Plummet missed out on points from me, Better Life was pretty cool, Apples was super weird but okay, and I have a soft spot for Ulay Oh for some reason. The rest were either too indie for me or in the case of Travelling Light had this really weird breakdown that absolutely ruins an otherwise amazing song. NEVER AGAIN.
2017 Onwards: THE WARPATH WAS ROBBED
Ranking: Illenium f/Joni Fatora - Fortress [#135] > tiasu - Plummet > Kids Of The Apocalypse f/Wes Period - Better Life > Delhi 2 Dublin - Apples > How I Became The Bomb - Ulay Oh > Hiatus - Precious Little > Essaie Pas - Le Port Du Masque Est De Rigueur > U.S Girls - Woman's Work > Kitchen - Time > Daydreamer - Travelling Light

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Mar 26 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #343
Group icon
We denied ourselves a #Hody tie, I'm so sorry you guys sad.gif

16th was a LOT better than what I thought was going to happen! And considering the strategy has been "we're up all night to get lucky", this is a bit of a success. Let's just ignore that semi regression. Much love to Republique d'Ashton for the full 18, the hosts South Danaelanda for silver, and Summericia for bronze, as well as the other 21 of you who voted for Gromee!

Plans for 94 are starting to brew with us returning to Ultraviolenceland. Rumors of an upcoming trilogy have surfaced.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 1 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #344
Group icon
At least we'll never be alone...

#BJSC94 #The80sCalled

+Quote this post
maria00
post Apr 8 2017, 07:13 AM
Post #345
Group icon
New Entry
User: 28,923
Is that swirly image thing meant to be a flag?

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 8 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #346
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 8 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #347
Group icon
If I had a dollar for every time I was asked that I'd be having some McNuggets for lunch

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 9 2017, 03:30 PM
Post #348
Group icon
You stuck by me when I hit the road...

Backstage Access Episode 20: Let's Run Away Together
Sponsored by

Artist: Mirror Talk
Track: "Some Boys"

Last contest ended up becoming more of an "oops" moment, so it's time for another switch in sound!

When listening to this track, we can’t help but think it would be something played at the end of a film. Where two people in a convertible are driving along the Californian coast on a winding mountainside, with the sun setting in the distance and a warm breeze… If you imagine that for a moment and listen to this track, you’ll be in bliss. The synth-pop track from Californian quartet Mirror Talk is something that emits a soothing 80’s vibe, that’s certainly radio ready!

The strategy of concentrating appeal to one country at a time (this time Quintessa) continues. And the expectations are fairly low after last month. The last 80's track we sent was a bust, maybe an 80's sounding one will be our redemption? Who knows? But now let's get back to that fantasy where you're with your significant other, wind in your hair, driving into the sunset...

#BJSC94 #The80sCalled

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 15 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #349
Group icon
Mirror Talk are through bringing us back to that magic number 8. Will this result in another success though?

-

Come over here...

DalShabet...

Brave Sound DROP IT

#BJSCJPvSK

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 23 2017, 12:23 AM
Post #350
Group icon
BJSC 95 POTENTIALS ANNOUNCEMENT
Sponsored by

So Qualification #9 is now a main goal. Tons of tracks have been considered and these are the ones we've been looking at and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO YOU GUYS HELP

Andrew Rayel - "Tacadum"

BGRZ f/Angelique Kidjo - "Agolo (Remix)"

Draper f/Sam Sure - "Want You More

Felon f/Hayley May - "Bittersweet"

KOLAJ - "Hitchhike"

Yep we're going back to the DANCE FRAY.

Personal rank: Agolo > Hitchhike = Tacadum > Bittersweet > Want You More

+Quote this post
danG
post Apr 23 2017, 03:03 PM
Post #351
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
here's my personal opinions

"Tacadum" - well I always love an instrumental trance entry and this one is quite good and engaging throughout (aside, there is a radio edit available)
"Agolo" - tropical house is always nice and the non-English vocals help this to stand out amongst the Spotify flavoured ones, enjoying this myself
"Want You More" - okay but I personally wouldn't choose this
"Bittersweet" - I already know and like this, quite generic but nonetheless very energetic and does its job well
"Hitchhike" - Quite nice if you're going for the pop crowd, would probably pick up only a few from me at best

Tacadum > Bittersweet > Agolo > Hitchhike > Want You More

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Apr 23 2017, 03:14 PM
Post #352
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Hitchhike is a decent follow up to The Touch but I don't feel like it's anywhere as effective as that song (but then I'm biased!) and I feel it would be top 20 at best.

I'm really liking Agolo, as Dan said it stands out with the vocals and it's good fun. Tacadum is really good too! Either or both could smash if the wind blows in the right way.

I wasn't really into the other two on first listen.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Apr 23 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #353
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Agolo deffo but be careful, I thought Yeke was going to appeal to others as much as it did with me, but look what happened sob.gif

Agolo>Tacadum>>>>>>>>the rest

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 23 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #354
Group icon
QUOTE(A����y! @ Apr 23 2017, 08:27 AM) *
Agolo deffo but be careful, I thought Yeke was going to appeal to others as much as it did with me, but look what happened sob.gif

Agolo>Tacadum>>>>>>>>the rest
Yeke kinda screamed "doomed Botanikka entry" to me so I'm not surprised

Almost everyone's top 2 is looking similar to my top 2 tongue.gif thanks for all of your insight!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 23 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #355
Group icon
i love bittersweet V much but theres no way it would do that well imo sad.gif seems doomed for the bottom end of the semi

i rly like agolo!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 24 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #356
Group icon
Stranger things have happened with deep house. "I Heard Love" was a minor hit and I think a bunch of people (myself included) thought it would do badly.

Thanks for your inputs you guys! I'm pretty stuck on two but if anything else I'll just end up sending both in consecutive months

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 30 2017, 04:42 AM
Post #357
Group icon

+

Do not worry yourself, love for all the world.

#BJSC95 #ItBeganInAfrica

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 5 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #358
Group icon
Eman tché foya lénin
Ifé foun gbogbo ayé
Eman tché gbagbé ifé
Ifé foun ilé baba wa...

Backstage Access Episode 21: Focus On The Love
Sponsored by

Artist: BGRZ f/Angelique Kidjo
Track: "Agolo"

After the 80's route went awry, our path became convoluted and we didn't understand why. Looking at the world, I realized something:

We need to be reminded of what united us the most.

Enter French-African producer BGRZ who reworks the famous "Agolo" by Beninese singer-songwriter and activist Angelique Kidjo by sprinkling a tropical pop beat similar to Starley's "Call On Me". In Yoruba, this is the third foreign language offering sent to the main contest after Snow Tha Product's Spanglish offering "Nuestra Cancion" (btw happy Cinco De Mayo!) and Sasi's German vocals in Nhato's "Way of Life". Foreign language songs have normally been the Achilles heel of Cor Lupus, but hopefully this will change.

Here is what Angelique Kidjo said about creating the original years ago:
Aye is a long story. After Logozo, I decided I had to have a baby. We were lucky that nature said yes. In the middle of Logozo, I got pregnant, and it gives you a voice like nothing else in the world can. I wish I could have that voice all the time. 'Agolo' came to me just like that. One day I was putting my garbage out and thought how two days before, the garbage can was empty and now it's full. We're talking about nuclear waste and pollution, but we are consuming like hell. I realized, 'Oo la la, I have to back up and go inside and find a way of bringing my contribution for the sake of mother nature and for my daughter coming into this world."

It's a song I play all the time, it's a song I love. I wrote it when I was pregnant, and I started thinking about all the garbage we consume... and I realised the way we consume affects this planet. I wrote the song Agolo which means "please". The song is about the need to give more love to the mother earth in order for her to carry us a long way, us and the next generations. Please let us be careful.

A performance dedicated to the beauty of African culture will also be showcased during the semi and final performance, choreographed by Dancing With The Stars' Keo Motsepe.

Let's focus on love. Let's focus on unity. Let's release the garbage from our lives and make us clean and whole.

Asante and good luck to everyone.

#BJSC95 #ItBeganInAfrica

Listen to the original track here!

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post May 10 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #359
Group icon
i genuinely think this is the best thing you've sent in about 2 years

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post May 12 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #360
Group icon
MAGICAL NUMBER NINE.

...I don't understand how we did it but we're in the final again! Thanks to everyone who has been supporting this track!

+

Gromee & Mahan Moin team up once more!

Catch their latest collab "Runaway" out now!

(I am SLAIN this is soooo good)

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:52 PM