BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie Disco Era: Promo & Media Info, Post any promo/media here!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post Dec 15 2020, 11:31 PM
Post #181
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Lovely review and the Real Groove opinion is true but I think the review was harsh on I Love It.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Dec 17 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #182
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Some extra French promo tonight

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Dec 17 2020, 08:19 PM
Post #183
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515
I would love something like this for British TV.

A countdown of the top 20 kylie videos or something. Even if only channel 5

+Quote this post
pippa
post Dec 18 2020, 12:59 AM
Post #184
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
A good TV opportunity, if Kylie was to present it and deliver her own feedback.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Dec 21 2020, 06:00 PM
Post #185
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
***XMAS Day Promo*****

https://www.list.co.uk/article/122205-lorra...g-to-the-rules/

Kylie doing a fashion item on Lorraine Xmas day show...... imagine if she is singing Real Groove while modelling..... Will we get an Xmas day EP?

Also on Smooth Radio https://www.smooth.com.au/entertainment/mus...st-on-smoothfm/

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: Dec 21 2020, 06:04 PM

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Dec 29 2020, 11:55 AM
Post #186
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
"Just a scheduling thing" Why she hasn't appeared on Drag Race

https://www.gaytimes.co.uk/culture/kylie-mi...-race-just-yet/

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Dec 29 2020, 01:50 PM
Post #187
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Here's my own personal review of Disco

Magic
What a great way to open the album with this smooth & classy track that (pardon the pun) is pure Disco heaven with its cool sophisticated rhythms & slick production which gives the whole thing a colourful uplifting vibe with so many references to previous classics in this genre. So joyful & euphoric, this already ranks as one of Kylie’s staple singles & perfect choice for single #2.

Miss a Thing
This blends in with the previous track so perfectly with cool Disco-pop sounds & Kylie’s amazingly soft & sensual vocals which gives this a nice chilled out vibe that oozes Kylie’s usual style & class. Mature in sound and superbly crafted, Kylie really shows off some great song-writing skills here. Just all-round fantastic, this must be a future single at some point.

Real Groove
The party continues with this infectious banger that begins with a bit of 90’s house piano before heading into a bouncy chorus that has some fun vocal effects & a great sultry melody that glides along beautifully. Definitely one of my fave tracks on this album.

Monday Blues
Switching things up with this quick & sassy number with a lot going on in the production & a ripping chorus that’s hard to understand some of the lyrics at times, but that doesn’t stop this very uplifting anthem from being a hell of a lot of fun which never takes itself too seriously & neither is Kylie’s approach to this song.

Supernova
Another stomping track with a wicked beat, strong commanding vocals that are well placed & a more hard-edged production than anything we’ve heard so far with pumping verses & sensational chorus & of course a very authentic 70’s soundscape. A firm strong standout that may well be another potential single choice.

Say Something
Now we finally get to the lead single & kicking off this era with style that has more of a modern Disco style than the other tracks on the album & yet represents something very different musically for Kylie with some cool grinding guitar licks, stellar euphoric production & a beautiful message about the difficult times we are currently living in. The multi layered vocals & choir adds a superb touch to this already fantastic number. This has to be one of Kylie’s finest musical moments of her career.

Last Chance
Yep you can instantly hear the ABBA nods & yet another well-crafted song with fun verses & a stomping chorus, along with an infectious production that will get stuck in your head. Pure joyful camp fun. Dare I say it yet another highlight on this fabulous album.

I Love It
The buzz single that came only weeks before the album & it’s a great little number that delves deeper into the Disco territory with some slight Latin vibes, along with some bouncy rhythms & a catchy chorus that grooves along at a smooth pace. Although this isn’t as strong as the first 2 singles, still a good track & plus really love the trumpets in the middle which gives this an extra lift.

Where Does the DJ Go
Continuing the 70’s sound with this short snappy number that moves along at a fast pace with its sharp bass-line & fantastic campy hooks. Pure fun & incredibly catchy this really takes you back to a more fun & care-free time.

Dance Floor Darling
This well & truly sparkling quality to it as this takes a more 80’s pop/rock sound with some amazing electric guitars thrown into the mix & of course Kylie’s vocals soars throughout this wonderful track thanks to some stellar production. Then towards the end it really cranks things up & totally goes off the rails, in the best way possible of course. This number gives me Jem & The Holograms vibes for some reason, I don’t know why.

Unstoppable
Taking things down a notch now with this funk disco styled number with an instantly addictive chorus. While this may not be as strong as the album’s other tracks, its still an impressive little number.

Celebrate You
A fitting end to the standard edition of this album with soothing & gentle harmonies with an uplifting yet personal message that’s helped by its epic production, this is just wonderful, so anthemic, euphoric, just love it a closer to end all closers.

Till You Love Somebody
The first of the 4 bonus tracks on here & we get off to a great start here with brilliant beats, great vocals & add some great disco-dance beats & you have a solid standout. This could have easily fitted on the standard edition, its more than welcome.

Fine Wine
A fun little track that bops along at a brisk pace with great opening guitars, some fun feel-good lyrics about celebrating life & plus Kylie raps, which is always fun. It’s a cute little number that’s completely throwaway. Maybe she could use this as a jingle to promote her wine range.

Hey Lonely
Another cute song with some superb beats & rhythms that flows along wonderfully with the positive message of the song. Her killer vocal’s what really sells this nice little number. Just love everything about this track.

Spotlight
The final track on this album which is very similar to the previous track (as well as some of the other tracks on here), but still a fun bop with nice grooves & a catchy chorus. Even though it treads the same ground as some of the other tracks, it’s still a nice enjoyable little closer overall.

heart.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Dec 29 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #188
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Your review on say something is spot on for me.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Jan 10 2021, 07:44 PM
Post #189
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail....ie-Minogue.html

Disco Symphony rumours resurface

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 22 2021, 01:13 PM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I think it's been posted before but just a reminder that Kylie is on the Radio 2 breakfast show with Dermot O'Leary tomorrow.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Jan 22 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #191
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Jan 22 2021, 01:13 PM) *
I think it's been posted before but just a reminder that Kylie is on the Radio 2 breakfast show with Dermot O'Leary tomorrow.

Much needed timely promo - should give the album a small boost cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 22 2021, 03:37 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I'm hoping we'll get some news about a music video!

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Jan 22 2021, 07:17 PM
Post #193
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
She should mention some stuff about Dua Lipa too.

I think the video is anything will be an edit from Studio 2054 remix , which would do nicely and Dua Lipa fans would watch lots.

To have Dua Lipa as a co-credit on the song must mean something else is coming......

Could you imagine Dua Lipa releasing a B-side inviting Kylie on to the remix and they have an EP with both tracks? Haha oh to dream

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 4 2021, 10:53 AM
Post #194
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
According to PopJustice, Kylie is a guest on the Kelly Clarkson Show on 24th March!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Mar 4 2021, 04:22 PM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
A performance may be a possibility.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Mar 5 2021, 03:08 PM
Post #196
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Mar 4 2021, 10:53 AM) *
According to PopJustice, Kylie is a guest on the Kelly Clarkson Show on 24th March!

Oh wow! ohmy.gif That's pretty huge!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Mar 7 2021, 06:57 PM
Post #197
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Possibly the kickstart to further promotional activity.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Mar 15 2021, 11:01 AM
Post #198
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Mar 4 2021, 10:53 AM) *

Love the focus on the US this era - she has a solid fanbase there

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 15 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #199
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I'm always sceptical with America as it just isnt her market although its lovely for her American fans to see her doing promo there.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:51 PM