BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Season 11: The Rate - RESULTS
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Jun 24 2019, 03:13 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Hype x
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 24 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!

Gonna start with the challenges:

12th Draglympics 6.09

Winner: Akeria
Bottom 2: Scarlet/RaJah

Bottom of the pack is something I agree with, a nice idea but it was just boring to watch and I felt like it dragged. It was fine, everyone pretty much did well/their best, but it left a bitter taste that Scarlet was ousted in this weak episode just because choreo isn't her thing.

11th Bring Back My Queens 6.41

Winner: Brooke
Bottom 2: Nina/Silky

A rather underwhelming makeover challenge, again it didn't help that Nina was sent home when imo she shouldn't have really been but hey ho x Vanjie was also robbed of her win.

10th Snatch Game At Sea 6.73

Winner: Silky
Bottom 2: Brooke/Yvie

Not a vintage Snatch Game, with two absolute stonkers from the eventual top 2 of the series Brooke and Yvie! Nina killed it though and I just always anticipate Snatch Game so enjoyed it anyway, Shuga's Charo was the surprise of the series - she nailed it!

9th Queens Everywhere 7.00

Winner: N/A (Yvie lbr x)
Bottom 2: Brooke/Vanjie

I quite enjoyed this, it's not on the level of Read U Wrote U or even Kitty Girl, but I really liked the challenge anyway. Silky's is a verse I surprisingly enjoy but I had a soft spot for Vanjie's laugh.gif

8th Trump: The Rusical 7.18

Winner: Silky
Bottom 2: Mercedes/RaJah

Probably one of the more forgettable challenges for me, it was fine but it was kinda shit that Silky won for being Silky. Yvie/Brooke/Nina robbed x

7th From Farm To Runway

Winner: Plastique
Bottom 2: RaJah/Akeria

The most forgettable for me, it was fine but I'm not mad at it being bottom 2, it was nice for Plastique to win something though.

6th LADP

Winner: Akeria
Bottom 2: Plastique/Vanjie

I kinda loved this challenge, the one time I saw something in Akeria - she was HILARIOUS. Brooke was my personal winner though, I was cackling throughout and she really redeemed herself from the bomb in Snatch Game by showing she could make herself look silly and have a laugh.

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jun 27 2019, 09:51 AM
Post #3
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

i liked the farm to runway challenge and the trump rusical sad.gif i would deeeeeffo agree with the bottom few tho

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 27 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!

5th Monster Ball 7.50

Bottom 2: Ariel/Shuga

Kicking off the top 5 is this year's Ball challenge, which was Halloween themed. Brooke emerged as the one to beat with a second win, but we lost Ariel after she misjudged the tone of her outfits. I really liked this challenge, a lot of good stuff on offer and it was a toss-up of a few to win although I wasn't mad at Brooke.

4th Whatcha Unpackin'? 8.00

Bottom 2: Soju/Kahanna

The highest ranked design challenge here is the first challenge of the series, which saw the queens being assigned a past queen, and had to emulate their style while staying true to their own. I loved seeing how the queens tackled this, especially ones who you wouldn't necessarily pair, I hope this challenge happens again! It would maybe be cool in All Stars, if they got paired up and had to do a look based on the style of their partner!

3rd Diva Worship 8.59

Winner: Nina
Bottom SIX: Akeria, Honey, Plastique, Ra'Jah, Scarlet, Shuga

This was a hilarious challenge, not least because of Vanjie being absolutely hysterical rotf.gif Both her and Nina nailed it, Nina did a great job of keeping things together in a challenge that easily could have gone wrong - which it did for the opposite team! So wrong in fact, all 6 of them had to lipsync which was a glorious mess.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 2 2019, 10:59 AM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

2nd Dragracadabra 9.00

Winner: Nina
Bottom 2: Shuga and Vanjie

Nina got her second win, and this was such a fresh and fun challenge all round! Nina's team was flawless, it left a bad taste that Shuga was in the bottom at all, let alone the one who went home sad.gif

1st Good God Girl Get Out 9.63

Winner: Yvie and Scarlet
Bottom 2: Mercedes/Kahanna

OPPALANCE YOU EARN EVERYTHING

The challenge that catapulted Mercedes to meme queen status, the challenge that gave the season winner her only win, and the winning challenge here! It was certainly very watchable, the epononymous performance by Yvie's team was one of the best acting challenge performances ever. Vanjie's dad voice also needs a shout out, "HELLO HELLO CHRISTINE" was hysterical.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 4 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!

Jsut gonna drop the lipsyncs all at once bc clearly nobody cares oops x

15th Nina/Silky - No Scrubs by TLC 1.81 (rekt)

One of the weakest of all time tbh, it was lowkey amusing that Silky talked such game and then came up with.... that. Nina tried but it just really wasn't her song.

14 Kahanna vs. Soju - Best Of Both Worlds by Hannah Montana 5.88

A cute enough effort, but pretty forgettable

13 Ariel vs. Shuga - I'm Your Baby Tonight by Whitney Houston 6.41

Ariel fell and that's about all there is to say x

12 Mercedes vs Ra'Jah - Living In America by James Brown 6.50

See #14

11= Brooke vs. Silky - Bootylicious by Destiny's Child 6.88

Getting into kinda good territory, think this is too low tbh as i enjoyed both in it a fair bit!

11= Kahanna vs. Merecdes - Work Bitch by Britney Spears 6.88

Not the life shattering lipsync Work Bitch could have been and should have been but Mercedes turned it out against the odds *.*

11= Akeria vs. Ra'Jah - Strut by Sheena Easton 6.88

On paper the two of them shoul have SLAYED a song like Strut yet this was really forgettable.

08 Akeria vs. Yvie - SOS by Rihanna 7.05

Akeria again, this time she forgets the words and cba, Yvie was pretty good but this wasn't a mindblowing lipsync by any stretch

07 Akeria vs. Honey vs. Plastique vs. Ra'Jah vs. Scarlet vs Shuga - Waiting For Tonight (Hex Hector Remix) by Jennifer Lopez 7.32

AKeria slaying the midsection x This was a great lipsync song kinda marred by this being a mess, but it was fun to watch. Honey just leaving the stage and flailing on the floor *_*

06 Brooke vs. Vanjie - Pride (A Deeper Love) by Aretha Franklin 7.64

Kind of set up tbh but a fab lipsync song, and a pretty good lipsync between the showmance of the season.

05 Scarlett vs. Ra'Jah - Last Dance by Donna Summer 8.00

f***ed this one over not including it initially oops, the robbery of the season as Scarlett, who shouldn't even have been bottom 2, clearly thrashed Ra'Jah but still went.

04 Shuga vs. Vanjie - No More Drama 8.09

A perfect song for Vanjie to BRING IT, Shuga got eaten up when she shouldn't have even been bottom 2.

03 Brooke vs. Yvie - The Edge Of Glory 8.46

The final lipsync, and the one that won Yvie the crown, both of them brought it in the rematch of their first lipsync following a disastrous Snatch Game. A fab Gaga song and a perfect choice to lipsync for the crown!

02 Plastique vs. Vanjie - Hood Boy 8.50

Pretty much tailor made for Vanjie's persona and performance style, it was no surprise she ate Plastique up and proved she deserved to stay on her first lipsync.

So of course, and it was never in any doubt, the best lipsync of all time Season 11.....

BROOKE VS. YVIE - SORRY NOT SORRY 10.67

An average over 10 *.* This is very possibly my fave of all time let alone season 11, it gave me EVERYTHING. They threw in any stunt you could of, without it seeming forced or desperate, both of them just let go and had fun, Brooke dressed as a cock destroyer and Yvie giving us David Bowie. It was just so so much fun, every second was packed with entertainment, this is EXACTLY what a lipsync for your life should be and for that reason, it's my favourite ever, certainly up there with Manila's Macarthur Park, Alyssa and Tatiana's Shut Up And Drive, Dida's This Will Be An Everlasting Love and Sasha's So Emotional.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 12 2019, 11:42 AM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!

15th Silky Nutmeg Ganache 1.29

Finishing in last place, unsurprisingly, is the season's big girl and villain Silky. Somehow she was even more reviled than Eureka, to become one of the most hated girls in Drag Race herstory surely? The thing with Silky was, the talent wasn't there to justify the INSANE ego. Hilariously, Silky talked a big game all season about how she was "MOTHERf***ING READY TO LIPSYNC FOR MY LIFE" and gave one of the flattest and most disappointing turns we've seen in 11 seasons to TLC's No Scrubs. I'll give her Snatch Game, her TS Maddison was very well prepared and didn't miss a beat, but meh.

14th Kahanna Montrese 1.97

Not faring much better is the season's 2nd boot Kahanna, who's legacy is a couple of hideous looks and a couple of barely there "this'll do" lipsyncs, not much to say really. At least in episode 2's horrendous duo performance from her and Mercedes, the latter gave us opppalance.

13th Ra'Jah O'Hara 3.21

Another hated queen in Ra'Jah falls in the bottom few! She turned out a few great looks and had potential, but her attitude was VILE, for example kicking off over somebody else getting a message from home. She was very lucky not to go home earlier, especially against Scarlet!

12th Honey Davenport 3.68

I most remember her unexpected trade turn in the makeover when she came back with facial hair, as well as of course her randomly diving off the stage for attention during the six way lipsnc, something which sealed her fate as being the third to sashay away. Other than that Honey never really fulfilled her potential.

11th Mercedes Iman Diamond 4.26

UHPPALANNCEEEEE YOU EARN EVERYTHING

The unexpected meme queen of season 11, Mercedes gave one of the most unintentionally hilarious acting challenge performances ever when she just couldn't grasp a Paris Is Burning reference. And that pretty much sums up Mercedes, she was sweet, she tried, but she could never quite nail anything, it always "not her challenge" and she managed to coast by for a few weeks simply by not *quite* being the worst.

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post Jul 12 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

No surprises there, other than Ra'Jah O'Hara doing one place better than she should have.

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Jul 12 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah Ra'jah being higher than Kahanna is surprising and undeserved. Soju and Ariel still being in this over Mercedes and Honey is unsettling. (Not that Mercedes and Honey should go a lot further but at least further than Soju & Ariel)

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 13 2019, 04:34 AM
Post #10
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

No real shocks there..rajah should have been at least second to last though :/

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 13 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

10th Soju 4.41

Kicking off the top 10 but a fair distance from the top 9 is our first eliminee Soju, who could barely walk in heels and made a hideous amorphous blob of a dress, good idea executed horribly, and she was just out of her depth for sure. Maybe she'll have an All Stars glo-up in All Stars 10 x

9th Ariel Versace 6.09

She tumbled out of the competition via a lipsync fall and created drama with wigs she left behind, but Ariel never quite broke through and found her niche on the season.

8th Akeria Chanel Davenport 7.08

The 2nd of the finalists to bow out, Akeria won 2 challenges and was competent but never really shone completlely, at least personally I always felt there was something missing and not quite there in terms of her being a potential Next Drag Superstar.

7th Plastique Tiara 7.67

The pretty girl of Season 11, I think Plastique got a bit more hype than really needed just because she looked good, which goes way too far with the fans whistle.gif

6th Shuga Cain 8.02

Yes mawma werq it, miss thing honey child is serving it hunty xxxx Shuga's confessionals really brightened the episodes, and she was so unproblematic and sweet and funny, she might not have been the best queen but she was still robbed of a challenge win at some point and shouldn't even have been bottom 2 when she was eliminated </3

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jul 13 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Loved Ariel and Shuga wub.gif I don't know why I love Ariel as she didn't bring anything that exciting or new, I just found her endearing I guess. Shuga gave me a Joslyn Fox style edit, so much better than the edit would let you believe!

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Jul 14 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #13
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

the bottom few are absolutely right. shuga is a DOLL wub.gif i found plastique a bit overrated in general. love miss a'keria but i see why other people might not.

+Quote Post
McAndrew
post Jul 14 2019, 08:38 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 39,551
   No Gallery Pics

Surprised to see Ariel so low. From what I remember, her looks were always creative and well executed, and she could really sing!

The wig drama was all for the cameras, so I feel as though she was just doing her job. I reckon contestants are briefed to invent storylines for the werk room.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2019, 01:04 PM
Post #15
Brown cow, stunning!

5th Vanessa Vanjie Mateo 8.21

The meme queen of Season 10 was back with a vengeance, and started off very strong with an incredible Valentina inspired look that arguably could or should have won the challenge. As we already knew, Vanjie was incredibly watchable, whether it was her voiceovers, stage presence or general unintentional hilarity, but she proved herself as a great queen as well in challenges such as Diva Worship, Good God Girl Get Out and the makeover - she *definitely* should have won the latter!! Even when she wasn't at her best, you rooted for Vanjie and wanted her to slay because she's just so fun and lovable, even when she was doing the same look for like 5 weeks on end because she was busier getting it on with Brooke whistle.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #16
The Lady Said Go Home!

"Thank you miss Vanjie...I Just thanked myself"

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Jul 14 2019, 09:56 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Loved Vanjie - so charasmatic and just what a personality queen should be. Definitely deserved to be in the final over Brooke or Silky.

+Quote Post
ElectroBoy
post Jul 24 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,002
   No Gallery Pics

Has Scarlet won yet drink.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 24 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #19
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 14 2019, 10:56 PM) *
Loved Vanjie - so charasmatic and just what a personality queen should be. Definitely deserved to be in the final over Brooke or Silky.

Over silky possibly but over Brooke no XD

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 26 2019, 11:02 PM
Post #20
Brown cow, stunning!

Sorry I've been absolutely choc this past couple of weeks and had like 0 free time and what I have had has gone on other things, I'll get this done this week if I can D:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM