BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Celebrity Big Brother US 2, premieres 21st Jan 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Scobell
post Feb 9 2019, 02:55 AM
Post #41
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

"I vict to evote Tom"

I love Dina
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Feb 9 2019, 03:21 AM
Post #42
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

We actually had the chance to have a complete Female house. Had Tom not vetoed Ricky and he went, no doubt Tom still would have gone. This would have been completely unprecedented.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 9 2019, 12:16 PM
Post #43
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Kandi or Tamar to take this plz. Imagine a black female final 2, with the story and journey they've had *.* This whole season has been a mess so while Tamar needs to zip it sometimes, she's managed to stay in a good position because of the chaos.

Just PLEASE not Lolo puke.gif By far my least fave and the only one I've really disliked through the whole thing bar Jonathan being really annoying by before the end of episode 2 laugh.gif I'm sad that Tom went, he was playing HARD though and causing chaos so it was always hanging over him he could be cut next if he didn't win a comp. Ricky is just there but I kinda stan Dina just floating along.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 9 2019, 12:42 PM
Post #44
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

tamar not using the veto was SUCH a good move on all counts. she has to win

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 10 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #45
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

omg is this what happens when you don't fill the house with racists?

I love how hard the celebrities are playing yet again - I do feel part of it is down to the shorter timescale, which probably increases the paranoia as alliances are continually shifting with the quick changes of power and decisions are also having to be made quicker. Normal BB does run on for too long - recent years have shown that once you get to the final 8/9, it draaaaaaags.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 10 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #46
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

how is Kandi always in the tweet room ‘tweeting’ but nothing is on her account? laugh.gif

I know the ‘tweeting’ is actually sent to a producer to pass onto the delagated Twitter account holder so maybe she’s just sending lots of messages to her family. It’s just every episodes she’s there by the tablet laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 13 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #47
Brown cow, stunning!

This series has been brilliant, I really liked the last one but pretty much everyone this time has played and played pretty HARD (some of them too hard but that makes it entertaining af), other than Dina who's just sort of been there floating along, she's reminding me of Karen from BB Canada, I kind of stan. Making moves like backdooring Ryan and getting Jonathan out as the first two evictions made the season so exciting and genuinely you never knew where things were going to go. Tom's game was so so entertaining, it was total chaos and very nearly could have paid off laugh.gif Joey was also kind of terrible, not knowing the game at all then thinking he was the biggest threat and that's why he was out rotf.gif

Tamar is that one rare housemate who is the most entertaining (along with Tom) who has also been the best player. Seeing bits from feeds and following it on Twitter, she doesn't miss a beat, knows this game inside out and takes every opportunity to set herself in better stead. She might have veered into hot mess at times, but she's always turned it back around. She could not deserve to win more, this game isn't all about winning comps and making big moves, she's won when she needed to but what makes a winner is the small social moves she is constantly making, she thinks about every move in a way that's so clever. I never expected that her and Kandi could be top 2 but I'd be so here for it. Ricky or Lolo winning would be a real shitty end to a great series, Lolo is just a horrible person who blows up at the slightest thing.

+Quote Post
Aaron.
post Feb 13 2019, 05:11 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 3,245
   No Gallery Pics

Unfortunately I have a differing opinion on the season as a whole, mostly from an episode construction and editing point of view.
The episodes were very scattered. You never really knew when it was going to be on and at times there was too much of a gap between episodes.

An example was the Tamar HOH, she was HOH for two days while Tom was HOH for 5? Her HOH was also very rushed, but probably could have been the best. I wanted to see her drunk with power.

I also don't believe for a second Anthony was a fake housemate. They would have mentioned this episode one. He obviously wanted to leave and they had to do damage control.

Lolo was also a huge disappointment and unfortunately horrible to watch and completely ruined the season for me. I had high hopes since I had seen her on The Challenge, but she was frantic and uncomfortable to watch. Sure, she brought Drama but this ultimately led to a few good people leaving early. I'd rather have Ryan in the house over Dina/Ricky anyday.

I did however do a 180 on Tamar. No, she isn't in the QUEEN catagory like Rachel/Janelle but she surprised me with her push at the end of the season and was great to watch! Kandi was also a surprize, she was edited to be a bit of a dud the first few weeks, but I have confidence that she was probably playing just as well the first few weeks and this wasn't really shown.

I love that most, if not all came to play, that was lacking last year. Tom/Kato was also great to watch. Infact, most of the housemates apart from Lolo were at one time or another enjoyable.. but again, very scattered with the editing and the episode airings. This really let the season down.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 13 2019, 05:22 PM
Post #49
Brown cow, stunning!

Tbh when it's short, it should be on daily like our CBB, I know that US TV is a bit segmented into "seasons" and "mid-season" but I'm sure they could work it out. They do have to rush it a bit when they need so many evictions in a short time.

For the main seasons, I think it should be say 6 weeks or so. Definitely longer than this, but the short and fast paced game is great compared to normal BBUS, which really drags once you get past the halfway mark and whichever side is in power is inevitably steamrolling.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 13 2019, 07:49 PM
Post #50
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

I definitely prefer the quicker CBB seasons than the last 6 or so weeks of a normal BBUS season often draaaaaag so SO much

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 13 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #51
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 13 2019, 09:22 AM) *
Tbh when it's short, it should be on daily like our CBB, I know that US TV is a bit segmented into "seasons" and "mid-season" but I'm sure they could work it out. They do have to rush it a bit when they need so many evictions in a short time.

For the main seasons, I think it should be say 6 weeks or so. Definitely longer than this, but the short and fast paced game is great compared to normal BBUS, which really drags once you get past the halfway mark and whichever side is in power is inevitably steamrolling.
production could barely pace 12 HG’s in a month, how the hell are they gonna do 16 in 6 weeks?

The thing is though, promoting CBS All Access is slowly emerging as a focal point now that streaming has increased in usage and power, and airing it daily would negate the use of that now that domestic BB fans have two seasons per year instead of one. It’s the pacing that needs to improve.

The normal 10-week season drags because it’s not filmed in advance like most reality shows that aren’t talent competitions with live voting. If you watch The Bachelor, they follow a strict format yet production manages to fit in so much content in a given week, and part of that comes from the show being filmed in advance. With Big Brother, everything is live, and there’s only so much editing production can do to appease both casuals (who only get three hours out of an average of 112) and live feeders (who have seen it all at the time of eviction), if there is any overpowering content at all. And that airs a longer time per week. So the problem is finding a balance between a long time to digest with an inadequate amount of content or a large amount of content without enough time to digest it all.

I liked the idea of a two-night premiere and then two-ish evictions per week, but it also seemed like some HOH reigns lasted much longer than others (*cough* Tom *cough*), and dividing it is already a stretch with there being only 7 days to fit in. Probably have Thursday-Saturday be one cycle and then Sunday-Wednesday be another one. First day airs eviction aftermath and HOH, second day is live veto & vote. And since there’s less time in between cycles, there’s less filler when we get down to the wire.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2019, 01:04 AM
Post #52
Brown cow, stunning!

I'd rather it was paced a bit badly and rushed than the absolute drag that we get from normal seasons laugh.gif If they sorted out the pacing etc., I think they could easily cut the main series down a bit, it may take a couple more Celeb series to make that work though.

As for tonight, I'm unsure what to predict, hopefully Tamar comp beasts what will surely be a mental comp for the final HOH and can get to final 2 because she's played the hell out of this season. After Marissa winning last year, I could see any of them winning but that's half the fun.

I'm almost certain Tom will get AFP, probably with Ryan and then one of Kandi or Tamar in the top 3 also?

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 14 2019, 03:57 AM
Post #53
   No Gallery Pics

omg I’m screaming so much

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2019, 04:00 AM
Post #54
Brown cow, stunning!

SHE f***ING WON ASHAKJADKJADKLAS UNANIMOUS VOTE!!!

I was SO shook Ricky took Tamar to the end tho!! If that didn't cost him the game (he'd have beat Dina), his abysmal jury question segment did laugh.gif I'm so so shook my pre-season fave actually won, but it could not be more deserved wub.gif She gave us entertainment, memes, a bit of hot mess and she played every single second of that game right until the end without f***ing anyone over. I might just be in the euphoria, but she's up with the best female players surely? Incredible social game, she was always there making sure she didn't miss a single beat or a chance to further herself in the game and that's something we really don't see enough of. She had that perfect mix of playing hard but not being aggressive and alienating people. Maybe that's just what I prefer in a player, but she was hot headed enough to be entertained yet clearly the 9 votes speak for themselves, she never let it get in the way of her game and always got it back o ntrack.

Plus she's making history as the first black winner, and one eviction vote away from a perfect game, what an incredible player. Also yas at my other fave winning AFP, this season ended perfectly!!

AHSAUHSAJSAHKJS IM SO HAPPY HOW DO I SLEEP NOW

(it feels bloody weird to be so elated over BBUS, like even with Kaycee it was more "thank god it wasn't Angela, JC or Tyler" lmao)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 14 2019, 04:35 AM
Post #55
   No Gallery Pics

omg around the end of the first eviction I was live-blogging and said that if Tamar or Ricky didn’t win then there was something wrong. move over seven, mystic cody is in the HOUSE

For real though, they were such a deserving final 2. Tamar had an amazing social game, played both sides well, and even managed to control the house at one point without even having any power (other than the publicist thingy of course). Meanwhile Ricky stayed in his own lane for the most part but was devious when he needed to, he set the right traps, he cleared his tracks well, and he played it with as much integrity as he could inject. After he dissolved Jonathan’s alliance before it even started, it had been a near flawless rat game.

I do not regret who I stanned, I grew to love Kandi, she controlled the house along with Tamar, and Dina being absolutely clueless about everything made my day, she was BB20 Sam should have been. I had been Team Tamar and Team Ricky for the duration of the season (mostly the former) and I’m so glad that things ended up the way the did. Lolo made it waaay too far tho

+Quote Post
Riser
post Feb 14 2019, 05:42 AM
Post #56
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

I wasn't expecting much from this season based on the houseguests but it really doesn't matter who they are when everyone comes to play, which is certainly what we got. The big threats were constantly getting evicted and yet we still ended up with strong players at the finale because there was barely anyone floating. With some big personalities leaving early (plus the stupid Mooch "twist") the season easily could've gone downhill, thankfully it didn't. I'm happy for Tamar winning over Ricky, amazed that she got a unanimous vote, and even more pleased for Tom winning AFP wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 14 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #57
Brown cow, stunning!

Lolo is going off on social media and it's beyond embarrassing rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 7 2019, 10:47 AM
Post #58
Brown cow, stunning!

Apparently series 3 won't be happening, it's been cancelled mellow.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:18 PM