BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Big Reunion Series 2, Rumours abound.....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
G𝓪𝓻y
post Apr 7 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #21
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277
Big Brovaz, Mis-Teeq and S CLUB 7 on one show sounds like possibly the most amazing thing to happen in like forever. Or since Kerry Katona went back to Atomic Kitten.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Scene
post Apr 7 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #22
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
I actually agree with whoever said S Club 7 deserve their own show.

For one, they were EVEN BIGGER than Steps so if Steps can bag themselves a show, so should S Club 7.

Secondly, looking at the levels of success all the Series 1 groups had, SC7 completely eclipse them. They even made it in America. They've made a film and two successful TV series. They WERE our generation's childhood.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post Apr 8 2013, 05:31 AM
Post #23
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865
QUOTE(SceneofSIXCrimes @ Apr 7 2013, 10:09 PM) *

For one, they were EVEN BIGGER than Steps so if Steps can bag themselves a show, so should S Club 7.

Secondly, looking at the levels of success all the Series 1 groups had, SC7 completely eclipse them. They even made it in America. They've made a film and two successful TV series. They WERE our generation's childhood.

S Club 7 wasn't bigger, than Steps.

+Quote this post
Griefeon
post Apr 8 2013, 05:46 AM
Post #24

This series is not complete without Busted. wub.gif

And yes, S Club 7 were bigger than Steps and do deserve their own TV show.

This post has been edited by Griefeon: Apr 8 2013, 05:47 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Apr 8 2013, 06:00 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
S Club 7 had bigger singles (save for a million seller) and comparable albums success but Steps seem to be more fondly remembered. They were both huge in their respective eras.

+Quote this post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Apr 8 2013, 08:34 AM
Post #26
Group icon
eat hot chip, be homosexual
User: 6,946
S Club 7 were probably bigger worldwide, they even had a couple of US hits. Still prefer Steps though.

+Quote this post
Coral5
post Apr 8 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #27
Group icon
PTTP
User: 16,865
QUOTE(Tom Kay In Exile @ Apr 8 2013, 08:34 AM) *
S Club 7 were probably bigger worldwide, they even had a couple of US hits.

Only 1 : Never Had A Dream Come True (# 10)
Worldwide success are very closed between 2 groups. Both bands had some hits in Australia, New Zealand, Sweden.
Need more depth analysis.

+Quote this post
Steve D
post Apr 8 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #28
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757
Id definitely say s club 7 were bigger than steps. In regards to who should be in this next series, misteeq would be great, eternal, atomic kitten (with Jenny frost), s club juniors (minus Frankie & rochelle), a1, east 17 and big brovas.

+Quote this post
Mullo
post Apr 8 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,394
Steps sold more records (almost twice as many) and more ticket sales than S Club.
The UK Steps 4 albums went multip-platinum (over 15 times in total), while S Club total album sales only went 7 times platinum

As regards Hear'Say, Mylene and Kym both have already said they would never take part in it

And how can the Coors 'reunite' - they are brothers and sisters, they see each other time. Boring tv watching them discuss how much they see of each other! Plus, have they officially split??

What about Let Loose, a1 (they could do a Blue), Another Level?

This post has been edited by Mullo: Apr 8 2013, 10:18 AM

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post Apr 8 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Be interesting to see who they get together...

Busted I can't see happening as Charlie has his on own solo career/ Fightstar. I'd imagine Matt and James would be up for it though.

Mis-Teeq are a possibility; especially as Alesha is basically a TV personality now and not alot to do with music.

S Club 7 - Maybe... I guess; but then I can't see Hannah going back - the others probably would though.

Juniors - Can't see it happening tbh Frankie/ Rochelle in The Sats and I can imagine some of the others have probably distanced themselves from it.

On the subject of SC7 I would say they were more successful than Steps - they had 5 series (I think) of their TV shows, a Movie, hits which stayed around for weeks on end and were everywhere. Its probably a close run thing, but an SC7 style show in the style of the Steps Reunion thing would be good

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Apr 11 2013, 03:13 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(GrAmii @ Apr 7 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Charlie Simpson would never go back to Busted. He hated it.

S CLUB 7 deserve their own STEPS style show. They are far too good to share the limelight.

Yeah, these are my thoughts exactly. An S Club 7 reunion would be absolutely amazing. A new album following on from Seeing Double would be the cherry on top smile.gif

+Quote this post
EXO
post Apr 12 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 16,646
A1 look set for season 2 with Ben tweeting this a few weeks ago:

Ben Adams @benadamsuk
Anyone watching the #bigreunion and feel something is missing?

https://twitter.com/benadamsuk/status/307261641781809153

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 13 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Didn't A1 reunite for MGP recently? Or did I totally hallucinate that?

I missed this when it was on TV, regrettably and have been forced into trying to catch up online but I can't find episode 4 anywhere. If someone has a link it'd be most appreciated if it found it's way into my inbox....

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 13 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #34
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
YES! I'd love for A1 to get back together (officially) for the UK! I hope it's the 4 piece, but I really wouldn't mind if it was just the 3 piece who were having a little bit of European success. I don't think majority (if any?) UK fans know they've been playing as a band and "reunited" years ago.

+Quote this post
Gezza
post Apr 14 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
User: 13,341
"'The Big Reunion', the reality-documentary that has rekindled the rocky relationships of some of the best pop acts of the nineties, is surely on course for a second series, after it continues to pull in around 1 million viewers every week.

We're guessing a second series could take two formats - we could continue to follow the current acts Five, 911, Atomic Kitten, B*Witched, Honeyz, Liberty X and Blue as they adjust to life after 'The Big Reunion' and see whose relationships continue to thrive under the renewed spotlight.

Or, more interestingly, ITV2 could bring a whole new batch of has-beens back together for more tears, counselling and rusty dance moves.

Former Hear'Say popstar Kym Lomas recently revealed that "everyone" keeps asking her to take part in a second series.

Lomas, who now stars in 'Coronation Street' as the manager of underwear factory Underworld, but was one of the founder members of 'Popstars' reality TV winners Hear'Say in 2000, told Digital Spy: "I've been asked about [The Big Reunion] a lot actually. People keep saying, 'Why aren't you doing it?'

"It's hard work being in a pop band. You're away from home a lot. It's not great when you have children. I love what I'm doing now and I don't miss it."

But if the price was right, Kym?

She walked out on the manufactured pop group two years after their promising beginning with record-breaking debut single 'Pure and Simple', and the rest of the band went their separate ways seven months later.

But if Kym is not prepared to don those crop tops with Hear'Say once again, which other groups should come back out of the woodwork?
"
Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/21..._n_2922406.html

They offer the following possibilities

All Saints (Haven't we been there done that already?)
Vengaboys
Hear'Say
S Club 7
Busted
Mis-Teeq
A1
Blazin Squad
Cleopatra
Another Level
East 17
Damage
Eternal
Damage
Daphne & Celeste
Deuce
MN8
Let Loose.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 14 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
OH MY GOOD LORD! Daphne & Celeste would be HEAVENLY. I was absolutely hooked to them back in the day.

I thought Vengaboys had done a reunion of some sorts already.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post Apr 14 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116
Blazin Squad
Cleopatra
Damage
Daphne & Celeste
Deuce
MN8
Let Loose.

Would all bring in NO viewers, the Honeyz are higher profile than all of these. Out of that list a line-up of A1, Eternal, S Club 7, Busted, Mis-Teeq, Hear'Say and East 17 would make for amazing TV. Nobody cared about Vengaboys as personalities so that wouldn't work.

+Quote this post
Dinno
post Apr 14 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,748
QUOTE(SceneofSIXCrimes @ Apr 7 2013, 11:09 PM) *

Erhm im sure 5ive were bigger them them internationally and 5ive made it in america as well with a platinum selling album. Blue is another group who i believewere more succesfully then them.

+Quote this post
Dinno
post Apr 14 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,748
Blazin Squad
MN8 (Now that would be interesting WE HGAVENT SEEN THEM TOGETHER FOR YEARS OR EVEN INDIVIDUALLY!!!!!

+Quote this post
Simon.
post Apr 14 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
Aren't East 17 already back together?

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:48 PM