BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drag Race Season 11: Fashion Photo Ruview: Buzzjack Edition
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Feb 25 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Hello and welcome to the inaugural Fashion Photo Ruview ohmy.gif Before Season 11 kicks off later this week, let's toot and boot the promo looks for each of the queens! Of course, this is fit to a certain style and probably isn't indicative of what each queen can do, but it's a nice starting point and it'll be interesting to see what first impressions the queens have made on us.

I'll update this after episode with the runway looks and we can see who's looks we're loving each week! If enough of us do a top toot I'll work out who's our top toot for the week as well and see how it lines up with what the judges rave about!

PROMO LOOKS
Akeria Chanel Davenport
Ariel Versace
Brook Lynn Hytes
Honey Davenport
Kahanna Montrese
Mercedes Iman Diamond
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Ra'Jah O'Hara
Scarlett Envy
Shuga Cain
Silky Ganache
Soju
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Yvie Oddly

ENTRANCE LOOKS
Akeria Chanel Davenport
Ariel Versace
Brook Lynn Hytes
Honey Davenport
Kahanna Montrese
Mercedes Iman Diamond
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Ra'Jah O'Hara
Scarlett Envy
Shuga Cain
Silky Ganache
Soju
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Yvie Oddly

EPISODE 1: Legendary Looks (a look inspired by a Drag Race legend)
Akeria Chanel Davenport (inspired by Bebe Zahara Benet)
Ariel Versace (inspired by Laganja Estranja)
Brook Lynn Hytes (inspired by Detox)
Honey Davenport (inspired by BenDeLaCreme)
Kahanna Montrese (inspired by Katya)
Mercedes Iman Diamond (inspired by Bianca Del Rio)
Nina West (inspired by Thorgy Thor)
Plastique Tiara (inspired by Sasha Velour)
Ra'Jah O'Hara (inspired by Kennedy Davenport)
Scarlett Envy (inspired by Violet Chachki)
Shuga Cain (inspired by Sharon Needles)
Silky Ganache (inspired by Peppermint)
Soju (inspired by Kim Chi)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (inspired by Valentina)
Yvie Oddly (inspired by Alaska)

EPISODE 2: What's Your Sign
Akeria Chanel Davenport (Pisces)
Ariel Versace (Aries)
Brook Lynn Hytes (Aries)
Honey Davenport (Leo)
Kahanna Montrese (Aries)
Mercedes Iman Diamond (Sagittarius)
Nina West (Leo)
Plastique Tiara (Aries)
Ra'Jah O'Hara (Capricorn)
Scarlett Envy (Aquarius)
Shuga Cain (Scorpio)
Silky Ganache (Capricorn)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (Libra)
Yvie Oddly (Leo)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 26 2019, 12:29 AM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!

Akeria Chanel Davenport - TOOT
I quite like this, I love the shoulders and the colours go really way, each one pops but I don't feel like anything clashes, I loooove the skirt too I think that really makes the outfit. I just don't really feel much about the torso, it feels like an afterthought to the rest, it could be so much better if it was just the colour of the boots maybe.

Ariel Versace - TOOT
I like it, but don't love it, a soft toot. She is stunning and serving with her pose, the actual outfit is cute but I don't like the gloves and that box bracelet is hideous, I'm also not a fan of the shoes.

Brook Lynn Hytes - TOOT
I love this! Out of everyone I think she's one of the ones who made a mark on the promo looks the most, the top is very blocky and bold but it's not too OTT. It reminds me of Monet's promo look, but what that SHOULD have been. The colours shouldn't really work, but they do, and the boots totally make the outfit.

Honey Davenport - BOOT
The make-up is lowkey giving me season 9 Aja oops, I like her hair and the dress is cute enough but the hoop thing should be a bit bigger, not massive but it just looks kinda feeble and tacked on rather than completing the look.

Kahanna Montrese - BOOT
I don't really get the purple bits and I wish the hair was a different colour as I feel like it's too close to the main outfit which makes it a bit bland.

Mercedes Iman Diamond - TOOT
A lush mix of simple and elegant, I love the shade of hair and every colour she's used brings something to the look, I adore the yellow inside to the dress and the little touches like matching the earring and ring to it.

Nina West - TOOT
Nothing to go mad over, but it's a cute intro look that does something different to the others on this list, it evokes that campy comedy queen kind of drag I love and I can't wait to see more of from her.

Plastique Tiara - TOOT
We been knew she was going to serve looks, this is STUNNING. I absolutely love the way her shade of hair is coordinated with the outfit, the top bit kind of gives me Season 9 Naughty Nightie vibes but the skirt and ribbons elevate it, the colouring is perfect as is the pose, I just wish the shoes matched because it kind of looks a bit off that there's the only pop of that colour laugh.gif

Ra'jah O'Hara - BOOT
The hair is a big yes, the rest not so much. When you look at Brooke's similar jumpsuit thing, this just feels really underwhelming and a bit basic, even for a promo look. It's not hideous, but nothing about the actual outfit excites me or makes me want to see more of her style and wonder she'll bring us.

Scarlett Envy - TOOT
LOVE this. The stoning, the silhouette, the hair, the colours, the make-up!! This goes above just being a cute basic promo look, it makes me excited to see more if her style is like this.

Shuga Cain - BOOT
This is lowkey giving me slight Jiggly Caliente throwing everything on and coming out looking like one of those bath puff ball things laugh.gif I get what she was going for and what it could have been, but it's just a bit shapeless and haphazard.

Silky Ganache - TOOT
The most personality of any of these looks, I love that she's immediately straight out of the gate showing that she's more than positive in her own skin and not afraid to show it. The hair *.*

Soju - TOOT
A soft toot, neck up is stunning but the rest gives me pretty much nothing laugh.gif It feels like a lot went into hair and make-up, then she was sat there not dressed but all done up, and just chucked that outfit on.

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - TOOT
Essentially fabric wrapped round a swimsuit but she WORKS it and I kinda love?! Everything feels right, thought out and put together and there's nothing I'd actually take out of the outfit to make it better.

Yvie Oddly -TOOT
Not the most exciting outfit (I *love* the platform boots though) but she is selling it the best she can and wearing it in a way it feels like only she could, she's one of the ones I'm really looking forward to seeing more of from seeing her on Insta.

Top toot of the week: Scarlett Envy (followed by Miss Vanjie and Brooke)

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Feb 26 2019, 10:28 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

Oooh I am up for doing this.

+Quote Post
post Feb 26 2019, 11:01 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

I thought Scarlett Envy's mug was so bad, that I could never give her a toot!

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Feb 26 2019, 01:20 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Ariel Versace - BOOT
Brook Lynn Hytes - TOOT
Honey Davenport - BOOT
Kahanna Montrese - BOOT
Nina West - BOOT
Plastique Tiara - TOOT
Ra'Jah O'Hara - BOOT
Scarlett Envy - TOOT
Shuga Cain - BOOT
Silky Ganache - TOOT? (for a big girl this is cute but if she wasn't big it would be a boot)
Soju - BOOT
Yvie Oddly - TOOT

TOP TOOT: Scarlett Envy

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Feb 26 2019, 03:46 PM

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Feb 26 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #6
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7,117

Akeria Davenport - I really like this, largely for the colour choices. I like the mix of the peach and the blue verging on purple and I particularly like the connection between the puffy sleeve and the giant hair which really helps to gravitate the look with some more volume. The boots are cute and while it's not the most exciting of looks for giving me a feel of what Akeria is going to give me, it's very well executed and a definite TOOT.

Ariel Versace - I really like what I've seen of Ariel and I've followed her on Instagram but this is a big no for me from the neck down. I don't know if this is a dress or a skirt but I particularly hate the tutu-esque skirt part of it anyway. The tights are also pretty horrible and garish, not really matching with the colour scheme of the dress for me. It's all a bit messy and not really a great representation of what I've seen she's about. BOOT

Brooke Lynn Hytes - I love this, definitely one of my favourites because of how it grabs me. I love the boots, very much in the Monet "boots runway" from AS4 which I loved. The shoulders are great, the purple appliques around the shoulder and belt are great touches annd the hairstyles tops off a really fierce, fashion forward look. Bold, commands attention and is really quite fashion forward. TOOT

Honey Davenport - This is... cute. Not bad as such but it feels very done, the hoop skirt, the simple vinyl. There isn't anything I don't like about it per se but when I speak about Brooke Lynn "grabbing" me, this is very much sits in the back at 'safe'. I like all the individual parts but because I'm not in any way excited and it's SEASON 11, I feel like this should be stronger so BOOT.

Kahanna Davenport - I think her mug looks stunning and there's parts of this look that I like, particularly the gold colour which I haven't seen yet and the the train of the skirt but it's just a bit too busy and I don't like the purple spikes at all, which partly look like they've deflated which does even LESS to sell the look. It's not bad and it does command attention but it's just... a lot. Needs editing. BOOT

Mercedes Iman Diamond - I'm a bit torn with this in all honesty, but I think part of that is because of her stance which shortens the entire look and makes it look like there's very little gap between the boots and the dress which makes it look a bit clunky. What is this Can Can pose? I like the hair and I like the drama of the outfit but yet again, it looks a bit busy and it's a bit of an assault on the eyes. She's stunning though. BOOT

Nina West - Yeah, I really don't like this at all. I like that it kind of tells you what you're going to get from her in that old school, but I hate the fit of the trouser section, it finishes at a really awkward length. For about the fourth time, I think there's a bit too much going on. Purple hair, pink bolero, blue dress, gold corset, red shoes - girl, pick a colour or two. Another editing fail for me which = BOOT

Plastique Tiara - This is mostly beautiful and I love that she's taken a different route to a lot of the neon queens. It feels very in keeping with her delicate brand whilst also giving you a bit of drama which allows her to pop in the group photoshoots. I wish the heels were in either this pink or a red because they throw me off a bit but not enough to disrail the whole outfit which is really cute but impactful. TOOT

Rajah O'Hara - This is decent. Part of me is like "you're gonna come in here wearing an orange sports luxe jumpsuit for Season 11"? But there's nothing I outright dislike about it. I love the hair, I kind of like the simplicity of it and the shoe is BEAUTIFUL. Nothing is too distracting even though there's plenty going on so while I'm not WOW'd, I can't fault it, so it's gotta be a TOOT.

Scarlett Envy - This is beautiful. This is what I'm talking about when I speak about getting a feel for someone's "brand". I immediately know she's going to serve me glamour and a bit of Old Hollywood because of this gown but it is in no way "typical" and re-treading off Jinkx or Blair or anyone who has given off a similar vibe. I love the colour choices, I love the bold red lip which matches the dress. The fit is immaculate, I'd potentially lose the nude glove, but that's all I can critique. TOOT

Shuga Cain - This is a f***ing mess. I apologise to every girl beforehand who I said "needs to edit" because this is a shapeless mess. And those shoes are f***ing HIDEOUS, bitch take that fur ball off your hoofs this second. Yikes, this has a strong whiff of first out. BOOT

Silky Ganache - I do really like this, I love that she's embracing her figure, no illusion needed. The hair is one of my favourites of all the queens. The skirt leaves a little to be desired, I feel the fit could be stronger and I'm not sure I like where it finishes but I'm getting a strong feel of Jaidynn Diore Fierce in how she's going to embrace her plus size and be fun with it and I like that. Not the best, a little messy but I feel positive towards this. TOOT

Soju - I really don't see this. I like that she approached it from a different manner to the others and I get a sporty feel from this but it's just so unimaginative and sexless. Like it really is the most basic bodysuit, could she not have stuck a few rhinestones on at least? Or cut the pants to a sexier cut rather than feeling like a sports short. I like the hair and the make up but this is quite lacklustre in comparison to some of the other girls who really TOOK IT THERE. BOOT

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - Bitch came back looking EXPENSIVE. It's not my favourite look but as I said, it looks expensive and she looks like she came to play. I love the gathering of the yellow section of her dress and how it creates volume around the arm. There are three colour blocks but they all co-ordinate nicely and I think she has a strong sense of drama. A lovely shoe too. TOOT

Yvie Oddly - Yvie is the girl I'm probably most excited about from all I've seen but this look isn't necessarily the reason why. I do like it, I love the hair, I love the stance, I love the blue platforms. I just wish the dress was a little more exciting to match her kooky personality because I think she's more exciting than this. I'm not in love but the things I like about it outweigh what I don't, so it's like a 55% TOOT.

~~~~

TOP TOOT: Brooke Lynn Hytes

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 26 2019, 06:36 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(365 @ Feb 26 2019, 11:01 AM) *
I thought Scarlett Envy's mug was so bad, that I could never give her a toot!

After watching the entrances, let's just say she won't be getting a toot for no make-up in that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Feb 26 2019, 07:32 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

PROMO LOOKS

Akeria Chanel Davenport - BOOT
It's just a bit too much for me. I don't like how her big hair is with the shoulders. I don't like her shoes either. If she slicked back her hair, changed the shoes to a simple pink pump and had pink nails I think it would've worked better.

Ariel Versace - BOOT
From the neck up it's gorgeous, but that outfit... Hopefully her looks on the actual show are much better!

Brook Lynn Hytes - SHOOT
My favourite of all the promo looks. I love the colours, the hair and the makeup. I really like how the boots flap over and how sharp the corner of the shoulders are. Love it!

Honey Davenport - BOOT
the look isn't very cohesive. I like the elements of it, but not together.

Kahanna Montrese - BOOT
I don't like the purple bits, they're a little flimsy/disorganised. Not a fan of the sleeves on her arms either. Her face/hair is great though.

Mercedes Iman Diamond - BOOT
I'm not sure about this. I really like it but really dislike it at the same time? I think if she wore a pump in the same colour as the boots she's wearing, it would've looked a lot better. The boots just make her look really short/small.

Nina West - BOOT
I honestly quite like the outfit. If she lost the corset and purple gloves it would've looked so much better.

Plastique Tiara - BOOT
I don't like the stoned tights, the blue shoe or the colour of the hair. If she got rid of the stoned tights and had black hair with a black shoe it would've looked really good. Perhaps even add a hood to reference little red riding hood.

Ra'Jah O'Hara - TOOT
Simple and effective. Nothing really to say except that.

Scarlett Envy - TOOT
Gorgeous! I love the dress, hair/makeup and silohouette. I don't like the nail gloves though - she could've gotten rid of those and just worn nails.

Shuga Cain - BOOT
Too much going on. It kinda gives me hen do vibes with those shoes and cheap earrings. The face is stunning though!

Silky Ganache - TOOT
Love it. Especially the hair! I do wish the dress fit slightly better/was pulled down on the left.

Soju - BOOT
I really love the hair/makeup, but the outfit isn't very good. I don't like the feather things on the arms, the earrings or the shoes - it looks like she pulled a couple of blue condoms over her shoes/legs.

I like it. I don't like her shoes or the fishnet tights, but love everything else. I wish the dress fully wrapped around though - that would've been stunning!

Yvie Oddly - TOOT
I don't like the outfit that much, but she is selling me IT! I love the pose/vibe and the shoes. The hair/makeup is great as well. The most interesting of the promo looks.

Top TOOT: Brook Lynn Hytes

+Quote Post
lotita
post Feb 26 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #9
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

love this 💕 will get on it !!!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 28 2019, 07:18 AM
Post #10
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

Akeria Chanel Davenport: Toot, but just BARELY
There's something about the two colors that both work and don't work. It's that dissonance that attracts me and completes the outfit. V. Dolly Parton-esque which carries the rest of the outfit, which is pretty much something I've seen 1000 times before.

Ariel Versace: Toot
This entire thing just SCREAMS 80's. There's certainly room for improvement (I'm not really a fan of the poodle hair), but for the most part it tells a story. I just think it's a lot better than people make it out to be.

Brook Lynn Hytes: Toot
I feel like this is what you get when you combine Lady Gaga with The Huntsman: Winter's War. Just with more orange. Is this supposed to be a recurring theme?

Honey Davenport: Boot
It just looks a little unfinished, no?

Kahanna Montrese: Boot
I'm a bit of the opposite, I'm gonna say that I like the purple tentacle things, it kinda reminds me of Ursula from The Little Mermaid, and if there's any Disney villain who is serving looks, it's Ursula. I just wish everything else was in a different color palette, otherwise it looks too much. I'd probably only boot it because of that.

Mercedes Iman Diamond: Toot
I mean like it's okay, I'm not really a fan of the inside of her dress being bright yellow, it would work but the only problem would be that there's just so much pink. I like the platinum hair, it adds a harsher element that somehow works with this well.

Nina West: Boot
This is an outfit that I've seen 100 times before and she doesn't really do anything with it that looks innovative. Next.

Plastique Tiara: Toot
Was the objective of the outfit to look like Ariana Grande bc that's the vibe I'm getting laugh.gif I like that it's not one color but shades of one color (other than the shoes), so it doesn't feel like sensory overload like most of the queens' outfits. What really sold me was the flesh-toned mesh; it completes the outfit in some kind of glamorous way, it's almost award show worthy.

Ra'Jah O'Hara: Boot
I just don't know... I like the Push Pop colors but there's just something about the outfit that doesn't stick out to me at all. It doesn't really speak, it just whispers.

Scarlett Envy: Toot
Honestly if there was a way to make "toothpaste exploding in a box" look fashionable then this would be it. It's very much like a 50's starlet and it's elegant from head to toe.

Shuga Cain: Boot
I feel like I'd like it a bit more with a few more tweaks because the colors work really well with her hair and overall look, but idk. It just feels very amateur-ish and not really something that could take a queen to the top.

Silky Ganache: Toot
I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the overalls but I can't pay attention to that because I'm so mesmerized by her Princess Jasmine ponytail! Honestly a strong look and a great first impression.

Soju: Toot
It's probably only a toot because the outfit reminds me of a superhero/cartoon character (I REALLY wanna say Mermaidman & Barnacle Boy) but I can't think of what. Just... NEVER wear leg warmers on your arms.

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo: Toot
SO MUCH GOING ON in such a small package. I'm not mad at it though; if a short queen couldn't pull it off, she'll end up swallowed by the fabric, but it looks to me that she's keeping her own. She looks determined and coming to claim the iron throne.

Yvie Oddly: Boot
It's basically the same problem as Soju's outfit (what is it with people and putting fuzzy leg warmers on their arms?) but the outfit doesn't leave me inspired at all. I'm just left kinda confused by it.

Top 3:
1.) Scarlett Envy
2.) Plastique Tiara
3.) Brook Lynn Hytes

I think Silky has a lot of potential to make great choices regarding versatility on her runway looks but other than that there's not much to tell from the promo pictures alone.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 2 2019, 10:37 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

Here are the looks for this week, also found in the OP (which will basically be an index), so get tooting and booting gays!!

ENTRANCE LOOKS
Akeria Chanel Davenport
Ariel Versace
Brook Lynn Hytes
Honey Davenport
Kahanna Montrese
Mercedes Iman Diamond
Nina West
Plastique Tiara
Ra'Jah O'Hara
Scarlett Envy
Shuga Cain
Silky Ganache
Soju
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
Yvie Oddly

EPISODE 1: Legendary Looks (a look inspired by a Drag Race legend)
Akeria Chanel Davenport (inspired by Bebe Zahara Benet)
Ariel Versace (inspired by Laganja Estranja)
Brook Lynn Hytes (inspired by Detox)
Honey Davenport (inspired by BenDeLaCreme)
Kahanna Montrese (inspired by Katya)
Mercedes Iman Diamond (inspired by Bianca Del Rio)
Nina West (inspired by Thorgy Thor)
Plastique Tiara (inspired by Sasha Velour)
Ra'Jah O'Hara (inspired by Kennedy Davenport)
Scarlett Envy (inspired by Violet Chachki)
Shuga Cain (inspired by Sharon Needles)
Silky Ganache (inspired by Peppermint)
Soju (inspired by Kim Chi)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (inspired by Valentina)
Yvie Oddly (inspired by Alaska)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 3 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

Gonna just do entrance looks now and get the others done tomorrow:

A soft toot, one of those looks that does just enough so you can't really majorly fault anything, but there's nothing too exciting about it. I feel like maybe a fully black skirt rather than just the panel might elevate it a bit, I don't know there's just something missing a bit.

Ariel Versace - TOOT
I really like this OTT Disney Princess kind of look, it's a statement of what we can expect and if this is it then I'm here for it *.* I love the way she does her make-up, the big hair and coloured bits are both fab and I love that it's big and puffy whilst still having a silhouette, it'd be really easy to have a look like this be a shapeless mess.

Brook Lynn Hytes - TOOT
It gives something different to her promo and runway looks, but you really get a sense that she knows her style and who she is. Again with the boots *.* The colours are perfect, her make-up and hair are flawless.

Honey Davenport - TOOT
But barely. It's cute enough, but doesn't leave me that excited, she looks like she'd be a background person in the honey club Latrilla and Trinity did in AS4 lmao

Kahanna Montrese - BOOT
The black sticky out bits on the legs remind of what ruined her promo look, even without them this just couldn't be more basic and gives me nothing.

She looks expensive, but there's a few things wrong. She needs to learn how to paint her face, and I think the hair would be better down, plus hte jewels she's holding don't add much. That's just the rest of the look though, I adore the actual gown.

Nina West - TOOT
I'm a sucker for these kind of campy looks, she's making sure we see her personality right away and I just love it! I love that the shoes match the collar, that little detail really makes this pop. This isn't an outstanding or jaw dropping look, but it gives me a lot of hope for what Nina will bring us.

Plastique Tiara - TOOT
Goes without saying she looks stunning, she knows how to wear an outfit and knows what makes her look flawless.

Ra'Jah O'Hara - BOOT
I haaate the cut of this, it might be better with different sleeves idk? It just as a whole looks a bit of a "this'll do" mess, I like the hair/accessories though (bar the earrings falling off).

Scarlett Envy - BOOT
She's obv very handsome as a boy, but that doesn't mean she can get away such a lack of make-up, it makes the whole look unfinished and let it down. There's something about it all though that makes it look like she's halfway done getting ready, and again with the nude glove!!

Shuga Cain - TOOT
This is SO much more like it than her entrance! Like a few of these, it's nothing wow or mindblowing but it's fun and you get a sense of her personality, her style and the potential she has. Something like this could easily be boring but the colour works, little touches like the boots, jewels and even the nails lift this up for me.

Silky Ganache - TOOT
I LOVE this look! It shows enough body without "relying on that body", by that I mean it's not just "look at me I'm a big girl". I'm living for the jacket, the hair, her paint, I'm not huge on the shoes though.

Soju - TOOT
This look makes me so sad we don't get to see more from her sad.gif You can already tell it's very her, drawing on her personality and heritage, it could be a basic and easy look but I feel like the hair, lip and nails make it pop. Her paint could definitely be a lot better though here.

My favourite look of the entrances, bitch is glistening *.* I love that red on her (so the nails are welcome), the garters are such a great touch too. I wouldn't change anything apart from maybe the glitter applied a bit better, but I think it's as much the picture/angle as anything else.

Yvie Oddly - TOOT
You can already tell this is so so her, and I love her aesthetic so that's not a bad thing at all! A perfect mix of glamour and her odd horror thing, I'm not sure the look needed the car though.

TOP TOOT: Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Mar 3 2019, 12:45 AM
Post #13
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

i can't believe that ariel versace did lizzie mcguire's igloo dress

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 3 2019, 05:40 AM
Post #14
   No Gallery Pics

Akeria Chanel Davenport: Toot
Much better than her preview look. I had a feeling that if a Kpop idol wore something similar I would have stanned, so there you go.

Still not a fan of the poodle hair but it's actually not leaving me feeling cold. I'm impressed.

This is one queen who I think could win the entire thing. The whole Mountie thing really shows off her versatility, she pulls off the shining red very well, and everything complements each other and it creates one cohesive piece.

Honey Davenport: Toot
I actually like this! I'm terrified of bees, but this doesn't make me run for the hills.

This is just one giant OOF. The only thing I like is the color, otherwise it looks like half a costume, no less.

Mercedes Iman Diamond: Toot
I'd prefer the faux fur on rather than off but she really takes expensive to a whole new level. It's so frivolous it's not even funny. However, Ru wasn't wrong; the top part of her face really does look like a mask tongue.gif

Nina West: Toot
I feel like this is a mixture of a bunch of queens and Nina pulls it off really well. This was a nice surprise bc her preview outfit really looked like a Eureka picture lmao

First it's Ariana Grande now it's Taeyeon from SNSD like ohmy.gif She wasn't kidding when she said she was inspired by pop stars. I love the fact that her color palette isn't in your face, but it's enough for you to lock into its trance.

Ra'Jah O'Hara: Boot
My first thought was "are those newspapers?" lol tongue.gif I also don't really like the belt going way too high at one point... it's not gonna make any headlines any time soon.

Scarlett Envy: Boot
This was a hard one. I liked the idea of it, like yeah using Renaissance artwork as a muse sounds like a typical RPDR maxi challenge but I think she got a little to into it and it ends up being a little too distracting.

(is it just me or does Scarlett out of drag look like Joe Keery from Stranger Things)

Shuga Cain: Toot
I like it. The hair and the attitude is v. Wendy Williams, and everything else screams Agents Of Shield villain and Catwoman mixed together.

It's nice. It's a simple look, but it's one that gets the job done. Kinda liking the whole "70's diva from the neck up, In Living Color era Jennifer Lopez from the neck down" vibe of it all.

Soju: Toot
This actually kicks ass. It's like a grungy Kill Bill and I like the cultural significance of it. It really shows how dedicated Soju is to showcasing her culture.

Another one that is simple yet effective. Nothing's shoved in your face yet it's enough to make a lasting impression.

Yvie Oddly: Boot
I have a feeling that Yvie is going to be that one contestant who will continue to push the boundaries every episode until she gets eliminated/wins. It's fast and it's certainly furious. Not a bad way to finish.

Top 3:
1.) Brook Lynn Hytes - TOP TOOT
2.) Plastique Tiara
3.) Shuga Cain
(Soju would be a really close 4th)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 6 2019, 06:11 PM
Post #15
   No Gallery Pics

FIRST RUNWAY CHALLENGE
Akeria Chanel Davenport: Toot
Is this what people think about when they say "heavy is the head that wears the crown"? The giant mullet does its job and complements the rest of the look nicely, it's business in the front and party in the back.

Anyone else getting high from looking at this look? I like the Poison Ivy impression, the nails don't give me the same euphoric feeling but overall she's blazing it.

YES. THAT IS A SUPERHERO LOOK.

Honey Davenport: Toot, but just barely
The one thing that I like about DeLa's pieces is that they're character driven and tell a story. Of course this is Honey's style and a completely different ballpark. I like it, I just feel that I need to see more.

I mean this does look unfinished and she misunderstood the challenge completely, but this kinda feels like Kahanna's personal style? Like the whole hip hop glam thing is a very cohesive answer, don't try to deviate in order to please the judges. I think the only reason why I would put her in the bottom is because her answers to the judges made me feel like she's compromising herself for the sake of others. And that's the last thing people want to see in a show that promotes uniqueness and self-love.

Mercedes Iman Diamond: Boot
Yeah so this is actually really basic. When I first saw this being presented, she worked it but I was left with a feeling of "...this is it?" Honey's was somewhat basic as well but if I were to put those two side by side, my eyes would have gone to Honey. If you put this alongside similar outfits in say, Real Housewives, it wouldn't stand out at all.

Nina West: Boot
This was easily the worst look. She looks like a rush-wrapped last minute present you'd give to one of you flatmates for White Elephant. I get that she struggled with the sewing portion of the challenge, but this just looks like fabric being thrown together and seeing if it sticks.

This is one queen who took the challenge brief and ran with it. It's inspired by Sasha but it's Plastique's style through and through (with a little bit of South American pageant queen thrown in there). What I'm worried about is if this is the only look she's going to give, but we have about 3-4 weeks before we can judge.

Ra'Jah O'Hara: Toot, but just barely
This is a decent-ish look. I had to look at it five times to make my decision but I'm kinda digging it.

Scarlett Envy: Toot
Now this is the type of thing I wanna see from Scarlett! It's basically Nicole Kidman from Moulin Rouge but that's the type of style that fits her best.

Shuga Cain: Toot
Another girl who took the challenge brief to heart. I think Sharon has a very niche style and Shuga is much farther down the spectrum of dark and light. Sharon's style is teetering on the edge of macabre, and when I think of Shuga, I think of a giant candy store. She managed to blend those two together and create a DWTS costume. Almost like one of those witch costumes you'd wear to go to a Halloween party. I'm sold.

Another nice effort. I like the shout out to Peppermint with the candy clutch.

Soju: Boot
Once again, I like the cultural significance but there's way too much going on and I feel like it weighed her down in the end. It ended up working against her during the lip sync bc her movements were very restricted. I don't think this is as bad as Nina's though.

What this shows is that she really learned from her mistakes last season, gave the judges everything they were expecting out of a good outfit, and showed America that she wasn't just a meme. And the effort put into this Maria from Deadly Class dress shows. Well done.

Yvie Oddly: Toot
Honestly it's not leaving me cold. This is a way to use light colors and create some sort of acid feeling. Very much on brand.

Top 3:
1.) Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - TOP TOOT
2.) Brook Lynn Hytes
3.) Shuga Cain

Not gonna lie, Vanjie's was the best, but Brook still deserved that win.

Bottom 2 looks: Mercedes & Nina
Bottom 2 overall: Kahanna & Nina

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 6 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #16
Brown cow, stunning!

As for the legendary looks...

Akeria Chanel Davenport (inspired by Bebe Zahara Benet) - TOOT
I actually was really impressed with this, it's what Bebe *should* have been wearing on AS3 instead of the same leopard print eevry bloody week. It still has that signature Bebe jungle feel but it has a different kind of spark that I lobe.

Ariel Versace (inspired by Laganja Estranja) - TOOT
A soft toot, in one of those "it doesn't do anything wrong but I'm not excited" kind of way. I'm not sure if it really fits what I know of her style either, it's just like she saw Laganja and went for the obvious weed that you kind of have to use for her.

Brook Lynn Hytes (inspired by Detox) - TOOT
Incredible, very Detox but not in a copycat way, it also feels very Brook and it was probably the best melding of a Season 11 queen's style with the queen they got given. I can't fault a single part of this wub.gif

Honey Davenport (inspired by BenDeLaCreme) - TOOT
Again, a soft toot that didn't do anything wrong but in terms of the way it's sewn, this is a bit off-putting. Maybe she's just not a great seamstress though and I guess that's fine, not everyone has to be.

Kahanna Montrese (inspired by Katya) - BOOT
I cannot that she legit has the same bra on as her entrance rotf.gif With that in mind, she essentially stoned some tights and cut a bit of fabric to fit half her body, good lord.

Mercedes Iman Diamond (inspired by Bianca Del Rio) - TOOT
I don't think there was anything wrong with the actual outfit, at least not in terms of being bottom 3. It's cute enough, I think it does something slightly different with the signature Bianca style, but there's not a lot of stage presence and she didn't sell an ok outfit enough so it verged into bottom territory. Her make-up is kinda terrible again though as with her entrance, it looks like she ran out of one thing midway through getting ready so just painted half her face one way and the other half a different way laugh.gif

Nina West (inspired by Thorgy Thor) - BOOT
It'd probably be just about a toot without the scab looking things over it, I have no idea what possessed her to stick those all over it rotf.gif

Plastique Tiara (inspired by Sasha Velour) - TOOT
On its own, a toot, she looks stunning as always. But it's practically the exact same as her promo and entrance looks, I hope she actually does have something else up her sleeve laugh.gif Maybe it's just a case of starting off with what she feels comfortable in before she wows us with something new.

Ra'Jah O'Hara (inspired by Kennedy Davenport) - BOOT
From the neck up, a toot but I really don't like this... Far too paegant, garish and glittered for me, it's all trying to shout and command attention but it just... doesn't.

Scarlett Envy (inspired by Violet Chachki) - TOOT
Like Brook, I feel Scarlett melded her and Violet's styles really well, that old Hollywood vibe crossed with Violet's fashion conscious thinking. This is so much more like it than her overthought but underbaked entrance look!

Shuga Cain (inspired by Sharon Needles) - TOOT
A quite different way to do Sharon Needles, but I really like it! From what we've seen, I think this is a great take on Sharon while staying true to her own style, it's the sort of colour and fabric you can see Sharon in with a signature Shuga style and the more I look at it, the more I really like it, the splash of pink makes all the difference and really completes the look.

Silky Ganache (inspired by Peppermint) - BOOT
In contrast, the more I look at this the more I dislike it laugh.gif I like the sequined skirt/sleeve combo but the top feels like an afterthought, the hair is flat and "look I'm holding a peppermint because it's Peppermint", really....

Soju (inspired by Kim Chi) - BOOT
It's such a shame because I adore this idea and if Kim Chi actually was doing it it'd be stunning but it was just a mess sad.gif It wasn't even that it was shapeless in the way Miss Vanjie's was in last season's opening, it's more that it was so unfinished and chucked together and ended up having a lack of attention to detail in favour of a good idea.

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (inspired by Valentina) - TOOT
Stunning, it's similar enough to her entrance to get a sense of style, but in adding that Valentina influence it's sufficiently different. The glitter could be a little too much but I think it completes the look and I'm obsessed with the matching hair and lipstick shade *.*

Yvie Oddly (inspired by Alaska) - TOOT
It's quite love or hate it, but I love this kind of Dragula-esque out there style! It's a little messy around the shoulders, and rough around the edges, but I feel like that's very Yvie and she works it, I love it.

Top toot: Brook Lynn Heights (followed by Vanjie and Shuga)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 12 2019, 11:00 PM
Post #17
Brown cow, stunning!

What's Your Sign runway

Akeria Chanel Davenport (Pisces)
Ariel Versace (Aries)
Brook Lynn Hytes (Aries)
Honey Davenport (Leo)
Kahanna Montrese (Aries)
Mercedes Iman Diamond (Sagittarius)
Nina West (Leo)
Plastique Tiara (Aries)
Ra'Jah O'Hara (Capricorn)
Scarlett Envy (Aquarius)
Shuga Cain (Scorpio)
Silky Ganache (Capricorn)
Vanessa Vanjie Mateo (Libra)
Yvie Oddly (Leo)

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 13 2019, 12:01 AM
Post #18
Brown cow, stunning!

Looooooool as if I just typed out my whole post apart from Yvie, accidentally closed the tab and re-opened to "form re-submission" hate my life

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 14 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

Ok here we go again like a week late lmao

EPISODE 2: What's Your Sign

Akeria Chanel Davenport - BOOT - The actual gown is fine but the fish are hideous, they just look like she took something she already had and then put the fish on to fit the theme laugh.gif

Ariel Versace - TOOT - Very her, it's nothing incredible but I love the colours. Again though, it does kind of feel like an outfit she already had and then she chucked the horns on it, but in this case it is at least a good outfit.

Brook Lynn Hytes - TOOT - LOVE this look *.* The headpiece, the dress material, even her Madonna-esuqe hair. Only thing I'm not 100% is the sort of nude bodysuit whatever it is underneath that you can clearly see under the look, it's just a bit of discord for me but that's probably super picky.

Honey Davenport - TOOT - Very impressed she pulled this out of the bag! Literal af but I love that she went for an outfit that let the hair be the focal point as that's obviously what's giving us Leo. The gown is stunning anyway and I love the accessories and her make-up, it all makes the look pop but doesn't detract from the hair being the focal point.

Kahanna Montrese - BOOT - really not a fan of the wig, and the gown is hardly much better, it's kind of ugly actually. The only thing I really like is that she probably used the horns one of the best out of anyone.

Mercedes Iman Diamond - BOOT - SO basic, like it's legit a piece of fabric and a bow and arrow? laugh.gif The idea is cool, there's just very little to the execution and the end result is just flat, right down the hair trying so hard to be big but it feels like a big wig that's been deflated over the years and is slowly dying. Bless, she tried, but nah

Nina West - TOOT - a soft toot as it's pretty basic, but MUCH better than last week's "effort". You do get Leo from it, I love the headpiece and the fact the hair isn't too OTT but again it does feel a bit like she took an easy go-to look and stuck some Leo bits on.

Plastique Tiara - TOOT - finally something different than her go-to silhouette which we got twice last week kink.gif This isn't as impressive but she knows how to wear a look and sell it and that's really to her credit.

Ra'Jah O'Hara - TOOT - Very literal but I actually really like this, especially the wig which feels like she actually thought about how it would fit the look rather than just chucking something on. I also love the fabric and colour of the dress, but I kinda wish it was a bodysuit with hooves on the feet too or something.

Scarlett Envy - TOOT - I adore this look, a really creative way to interpret Aquarius, come on frostbite. I love the gown, the make-up adds to it and it co-ordinates well without being boring as the same colour. The bubbles were an incredible way of presenting the look on the runway, I love the fact that they do a lot of presenting the look creatively on Drag Race Thailand and I'd love to see more of it here as Scarlett did with this look, it really makes a look stick in your mind.

Shuga Cain - TOOT - It could definitely have read as more Scorpio but I really like it! I love the "hair", plus the red and black works really well. The make-up could be better though and I'm not 100% on the netted "blank" parts on the torso.

Silky Ganache - BOOT - neck up, fine, but I kinda hate the rest laugh.gif The actual outfit is an eyesore, the way the fabric looks, the colour... The fur bits are ok but the random greeny-blue fabric feels so tacked on and just doesn't work for me.

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo - TOOT - She is looking EXPENSIVE this season and I'm here. Red is her colour, it's a quite creative interpretation but still fairly literal, toes that line really well. I didn't notice until I watched FPR but the little curl of hair is giving me LIFE too *.*

Yvie Oddly - TOOT - LOOOOOVE, like this is borderline a shoot *.* I love the make-up, I love the futuristic wiring, this was such a creative way to show Leo but you still get 100% Leo from it looking at it. It's so odd and so her plus a little rough around the edges but I LOVE that and I wouldn't change a thing about it, this makes me so excited to see what else she does this season.

Top toot: Yvie Oddly (followed by Vanjie, Scarlett then Brook)

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Mar 15 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #20
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Member No.: 7,117

I've got A LOT of catching up to do here, oops! But I'm gonna get back on it cos I like this idea a lot and wanna keep it popping.

ENTRANCE LOOKS

A'Keria Davenport: This is just a nice cocktail dress, it doesn't say a huge amount about her and it's giving me very Real Housewives so I'm sure it'll just fall in the middle of the pack but other than it being a bit run of the mill, it's certainly a lovely dress. Can't fault it. TOOT

Ariel Versace: It's unusual to see something dramatic for an entrance look alone but the Hilary Duff igloo idea was cute. It looks a little inexpensive to me somehow but it's all put together well, wig and accessories included so a TOOT.

Brooke Lynn Hytes: LOVE LOVE LOVE, now this DOES look expensive. It's so exquisitely put together and is clearly not just store-bought as the jacket is so perfectly tailored to her body. I could've lost the hot, I understood it relates to the Canadian messages but it takes away from some of the clean and classic pezazz (I don't know how you spell that word). That's all though, a really bold entrance look. TOOT

Honey Davenport: I really don't like this, I get what she's going for with the honeycomb geometic bottom of the dress but I think it makes her shape look all kinds of awkward. Perhaps the dress isn't long enough so it creates a boxy illusion? Either way, quite cheap and unflattering. BOOT

Kahanna Davenport: She just looks kind of... manly. Which isn't a problem per se but I don't think it's what she's INTENDING. This would be a perfectly serviceable performance outfit but I don't think it creates much or any excitement/impact as an entrance look. I like that it hints she's a dancing queen but it's... not Season 11 and not a stand out in any form. BOOT

Mercedes Iman Diamond: I really like this! I'd have taken something away as it's a little bit busy. There's a septum ring, a giant earring, a necklace or neck embroidery on the dress, there's a chain and there's a big load of fur. It's a LOT but not too much that it takes away from the outfit a huge lot, I'm sure she was going for OPPPALENSSS and she mostly made it. TOOT

Nina West: Every time I see this, I think of Mimi Imfurst at the Michelle Visage Roast. It's one of the looks I'm most torn about because I hate when queens where massive hats that somewhat cover their carefully crafted mug but... I can't find enough about it I don't like. It's clean, it's cute, it's campy... there's more right about it than not so TOOT.

Plastique Tiara: When I first saw this, I thought it looked really glamorous but the more I look at it, the cheaper it kind of looks. She definitely sells it though and it's a perfect introduction in the sense that it tells you what she's offering without being too much or too little. I think the colour palette could be a little more interesting though. TOOT

Rajah O'Hara; This still really doesn't read for me unfortunately and I'm not sure what she was going for. The newspaper print is almost too small to make out if that's the intentional or whether it's some kind of silver rouching. And I dislike that it's just sat on the most basic bodysuit. Confusing to me. BOOT

Scarlett Envy: I actually really like the artistic styling of the corset itself and the very elegant sky blue colour palette. But the mug and the whole feel of it is... so so wrong. That's a man, Maury. BOOT

Shuga Cain: I mean, a massive step up from the promo look but I'm still not hugely excited. It's cute and it's fun so it's a passable entrance look but I think I'd want to do more than a sparkly black jumpsuit if I knew I was competing with 14 other bitches. A safe TOOT though.

Silky Ganache: Now, I don't know a lot about design so perhaps it's much harder to create something which has nice proportions and fit for a larger queen. When I think how tailored every part of Brooke's look was, I wish this was more fitted even though I know she's aiming for a looser look. It's a fun look though and gives you a feel that she isn't just giving you your standard big girl doing pageant. There's a touch of hip hop with a touch of disco and it does the job nicely. The shoes are a no though, give me another shade of blue, sis, don't throw me to silver for no rhyme or reason. TOOT

Soju: This is the look I've gone and forth on most as I often credit girls for showing something that really represents them and this is FAR from safe like a cute cocktail dress. There's just something jarring about this. The make up and hair doesn't help but it does stand out and the fact it's got me thinking so much, I believe warrants it a TOOT.

Vanessa Vanjie Mateo: I'm really not a fan of the chest glitter as we'll continue with in the second look but this is a really nice clean look. As we know by now, she's really suits rude, it looks nice on her petite frame and while it's not remarkable, it looks beautiful on her so props. TOOT

Yvie Oddly: This is... nice. But I wish with something more conceptual like the snake and the car, she'd done for something a more exciting than this green dress which looks as if she's used the cheapest fabric going, boa included. I love the props and make up though and it is a real entrance so TOOT.

~~~~

Top toot: Brooke Lynn Hytes

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:41 PM