BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Grey's Anatomy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post May 14 2011, 08:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
As part of my bid to make sure I watch as much good American television as I can I started on Grey's this week and I'm fucking loving it. This is a general discussion thread but if you're going to reference any character departures, storylines, or anything at all specific then please spoiler it or at least mention at the top of your post that it may contain spoilers. biggrin.gif

I'm only on season 1 at the minute but Meredith and Christina are my favourites. Meredith is a totally ridiculous characature and a neurotic state but I love her anyway even if her 'profound' voiceovers are silly and totally contradict her. Christina is amazing. Sandra Oh (amazing name) has mastered the art of the bewildered facial expression.

I'm not so keen on George given that he's more than vaguely pathetic but he's not bad I guess. And of course THE NAZI is wonderful.

I KNOW WE HAVE SOME FANS so speak up. Does it get even better as it goes on? Is it still decent after seven seasons? Do more fabulous characters come in?!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 14 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I have just finished season 1 having finally decided to see what people love and I too fell in love.

The Nazi is all kinds of amazingness. After i've done my last exam I'm making it my mission to get through Grey's.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 14 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Phil I think I love you. You're always THERE FOR ME when I need to have a little nerdy television discussion.

+Quote this post
Silas
post May 14 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Well let's hope we get more than just you and me in this thread laugh.gif

God knows how the Bones thread is on 13pages, mind you that is 2 seasons of me posting to myself heehee.gif

Have you met Addison yet? She appears in episode 9 i think and is just AMAZING. She's the one that leaves in the back door pilot for Private Practise to head up that show.

+Quote this post
David John
post May 14 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,566
Grey's anatomy is a fantastic show that gets better each season. I hope you enjoy

Prepare for a few major departures along the way but i always felt it never affected the show.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post May 14 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344
I've watched Grey's since Season One, I absolutely adore it. wub.gif

+Quote this post
Alias
post May 15 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #7
Group icon
chic c'est la vie
User: 46
it's gotten really boring and i havent really watched any of the latest season. the episode where they sung throughout the whole 40 minutes like it was glee have put me off it for life.

seasons 1-5 were great though. Izzy 4eva !!!

+Quote this post
jark
post May 15 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I heard there was a musical episode. It sounds dementedly FABULOUS.

+Quote this post
Alias
post May 15 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon
chic c'est la vie
User: 46
It was so bad, I skipped through every song which left about 3 minutes of footage for me to watch. I mean, they were singing whilst operating in surgery, it was beyond spasticated.

I also have an immense dislike for all of the characters now and can't think of a single likeable one. They're all very one note and most of the cast have become redundent and in need of killing off. Plus the new interns they bought in last season were all epic failures.

+Quote this post
David John
post May 15 2011, 04:02 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I didn't like the musical episode. That was the first time ever in 7 years i never made it to the end of a grey's anatomy episode.

It worked for Buffy. It flopped majorly for Grey's as far as i am concerned.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post May 15 2011, 09:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm surprised you guys didn't like the musical episode, it was the highlight of the entire show for me. It was by far the best episode Grey's has done and it was executed so beautifully. Sara Ramírez is an incredibly talented singer and I bought several of the songs off iTunes, I enjoyed them that much. Possibly one of my favourite episodes of a television show, ever.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 25 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #12
Group icon
The Thanksgiving episode of season 2 was outstanding. Addison is fast becoming a favourite. I love this programme so much, I really hope it sustains this quality as I get through future seasons...

+Quote this post
David John
post May 25 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Some arguably think around Season 5 that it loses the quality which is really when the ratings began decreasing. But for me, the show is still as fresh as ever. I would say it's more fresh and got a few more seasons worth of life then many other long running shows that should either end now or should of finished years ago.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post May 25 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I'm personally really enjoying the latest season and I've watched since the beginning.

+Quote this post
Rain
post May 26 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,326
I've seen every episode and I adore it. It's unmissable for me and one of my favourite shows. I can only think of maybe one or two sub-par episodes in it's entire history but that's it. Some of my favourite characters have inevitably left throughout the seasons but they always introduce more brilliant ones.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post May 26 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421
QUOTE(JΛRK @ May 25 2011, 01:54 PM) *
The Thanksgiving episode of season 2 was outstanding. Addison is fast becoming a favourite. I love this programme so much, I really hope it sustains this quality as I get through future seasons...

It really doesn't get better, sorry to disappoint you sad.gif The first 2 seasons are unbeatable imo.

Anyway, really disliked the finale of Season 7. They kinda ruined several of my favourite ships all in an episode (or 2). Ugh! And Teddy's staying rolleyes.gif
Overall I thought this was a mediocre season. I dont like the modern day family triangle that developed between these people and it kinda made me like the individual characters less.

+Quote this post
David John
post May 26 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Teddy, not feeling her character at all. Never have since she came into it. She was brought in to shake things between Christina and Owen but that led no where and her storyline from where i am watching up to is rather weak really and shows poor character development.

+Quote this post
jark
post May 28 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #18
Group icon
So... I just watched the season 2 double episode with the undetonated bomb inside the patient in the OR and Miranda giving birth. Two of the most draining hours of television I've ever soon. And without any doubt whatsoever two of the best. They just cemented Grey's as one of my all-time favourite shows. And for as dodgy as she can sometimes be Ellen Pompeo gave an absolutely incredibly performance. Wow.

+Quote this post
▲▲▲
post May 29 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #19
Group icon
INVITE ME TO YOUR SYNAGOGUE
User: 155
I loved the first few seasons but when Burke left the quality slowly diminished. I don't like Cristina and Owen together, she was much better suited with Burke and Owen is dull as fuck. The finale last year was incredible but the show quickly returned to being a complete non-event this season.

+Quote this post
David John
post May 31 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
I was a bit mixed on the finale this year. Apart of me expected a tense one like last year but it's without a doubt left doors open for season 8 and i have enjoyed the increase in Meredith's character development who wasn't a huge focus until the last 8 episodes. I think they cut down the actresses screen time in early season 7 episodes.

+Quote this post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:20 AM