BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> OCC: You Me At Six's Biggest Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jan 20 2021, 11:38 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
You Me At Six's Official Top 20 biggest songs
20 January 2021 | By Rob Copsey

With well over a decade of success under their belt, You Me At Six have become one of the most reliable bands in the pop-punk; their stadium-sized choruses and relatable lyrics have earned the Surrey band a global fanbase.

YMAS have never really been a singles act, with just five Top 40 hits, but their run of form on the Official Albums Chart speaks for itself: five consecutive Top 10s, including a Number 1 with 2014's Cavalier Youth.

With their seventh album SUCKAPUNCH on course to be one of their most successful records yet, we reveal the band's Official Top 20 biggest songs. First, a closer look at the Top 5.

5. Take On The World (2017)

The band's final single from their Night People album, Take On The World is the record's big ballad moment and is a rare co-write for YMAS, penned with James Bay, Jake Bugg and songwriter Iain Archer (Snow Patrol). The band's second most-streamed song (12.8 million plays) but fifth overall, Josh Fraceschi said of the track: "It's kinda like a declaration saying, 'Life isn't easy but whatever happens, I hope I can make it easier for you and take away some of the sting.'"

4. Bite My Tongue (2011)

Featuring guest vocals from Bring Me The Horizon's Oli Sykes, Bite My Tongue - taken from their third album Sinners Never Sleep - is YMAS at their darkest, with Franceschi once admitting the song is the band at their heaviest and angriest. The track is their fourth biggest, with 9.71 million streams.

3. Lived A Lie (2013)

The trailer for the band's chart-topping Cavalier Youth album, Lived A Lie is YMAS at their boldest and most commerical, with a towering chorus that proved they were more than capable of stadium-filling rock.

2. Stay With Me (2010)

A highlight from their second album Hold Me Down, Stay With Me - which has 11.06 million streams in the UK - is a slice of blistering emo-pop-rock that has comes from the same stable as Kings of Leon's Use Somebody.

1. Underdog (2010)

The song that sent the band stratospheric, Underdog's humugous chorus was a noticeable step up from their 2008 debut Take Off Your Colours - and helped the band score their first Top 10 on the Official Albums Chart with Hold Me Down.

Despite not being one of their five UK Top 40 singles (peaking at 49) and pre-dating the streaming era by four years, it's their most-played song in the UK, with 16.4 millions streams, and their biggest track overall.

You Me At Six's Official Top 20 Biggest Songs
POS TITLE ARTIST PEAK
1 UNDERDOG YOU ME AT SIX 49
2 STAY WITH ME YOU ME AT SIX 52
3 LIVED A LIE YOU ME AT SIX 11
4 BITE MY TONGUE YOU ME AT SIX FT OLI SYKES N/A
5 TAKE ON THE WORLD YOU ME AT SIX N/A
6 LOVERBOY YOU ME AT SIX 39
7 SAVE IT FOR THE BEDROOM YOU ME AT SIX N/A
8 THE SWARM YOU ME AT SIX 23
9 NO ONE DOES IT BETTER YOU ME AT SIX 92
10 ROOM TO BREATHE YOU ME AT SIX N/A
11 RESCUE ME YOU ME AT SIX & CHIDDY 21
12 LIQUID CONFIDENCE (NOTHING TO LOSE) YOU ME AT SIX 86
13 RECKLESS YOU ME AT SIX N/A
14 FRESH START FEVER YOU ME AT SIX 46
15 NIGHT PEOPLE YOU ME AT SIX N/A
16 FINDERS KEEPERS YOU ME AT SIX N/A
17 KISS AND TELL YOU ME AT SIX 42
18 CRASH YOU ME AT SIX N/A
19 ALWAYS ATTRACT YOU ME AT SIX N/A
20 BACK AGAIN YOU ME AT SIX N/A

©2021 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/y...t-songs__32160/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jan 20 2021, 11:39 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
'Underdog' is their only song to pass 200k, having been certified in May 2019.

+Quote this post
Campbell
post Jan 20 2021, 11:43 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,260
Finders Keepers chart position is actually 33.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 20 2021, 02:42 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
I kind of forgot about 'Underdog' (it suffers from the Kasabian song of the same name being the first to come to mind) but that is probably one of their best songs, interesting to see that being their #1 song despite missing the top 40 and predating the streaming era.

In general they're a band I don't think about much but they have quietly built up a pretty good discography.

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Jan 20 2021, 03:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
I always find it a bit meaningless how the OCC publish articles like that for bands/artists with such limited chart success!

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jan 20 2021, 07:10 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
The Swarm heart.gif Thought it would have been a bit higher on the list but it did well considering how heavy rock it is.

I actually thought Loverboy was their biggest hit surprised it only made #39 as it was a Radio 1 airplay favourite even after it charted. Its a bit too poppy for me from them so I didn't like it that much at the time. I liked Rescue Me, yes it was another track on the 'Airplanes' trend but I liked most of those style of tracks back then anyway. Unfortunately it only spent 1 week top 40 if I recall correctly which I was disappointed about.

I forgot about Lived A Lie until I listened to it there again, yes great song by them and I can see why it was their biggest hit in terms of chart position. Nostalgic sounding now too.

This post has been edited by TheSnake: Jan 20 2021, 07:39 PM

+Quote this post
chrissmith276
post Jan 20 2021, 08:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 18,005
The Swarm is my favourite from them biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Jan 20 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
"The Swarm" wub.gif I remember when it came out and was played in Thorpe Park when I went. Surprised they only have one silver single though. I assume a couple of the others below "Underdog" must be close to 200k?

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Jan 20 2021, 10:17 PM
Post #9
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
It's still played at Thorpe Park in the queue lines for that ride laugh.gif

+Quote this post
SLlewellyn
post Jan 20 2021, 10:17 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 13,126
*streams “Stay with Me” to help get them a second certified single*

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Jan 20 2021, 10:26 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ Jan 20 2021, 10:17 PM) *
It's still played at Thorpe Park in the queue lines for that ride laugh.gif

Obviously not at the moment though!

It is heavier rock than their other singles and so it was quite a moment when it made the charts (like Bring Me The Horizon's Drown in 2015 was too) as such heavy rock tracks were very rare in the charts by then.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:09 PM