BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
51 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> 2016/17 FA Premier League
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Martyn
post 24th July 2016, 07:38 AM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

Wasn't David Moyes quite successful at Everton? Also if he can get Sunderland as high as he got Man Utd that will be a great achievement. I suppose that's all about perspective though. 7th a bad result for Man Utd would be Sunderlands highest finish in about 20 years.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
mdh
post 24th July 2016, 10:06 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

I agree with Martyn. I think you're all underrating Moyes - I think with less pressure on him at a club with less of a worldwide reputation he'll thrive.

And in terms of Sunderland in general - they could well get relegated but it does appear as though they avoid it regardless every single year so they'll probably stay up laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th July 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #43
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

He built up a good Everton side, but it took him a long time to do that. He wasn't that bad at Man Utd (biggrin.gif). Sunderland is about his level though. I think he'll do okay, I mean for what it's worth again I think it will be really close for the relegation spots between several times.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 27th July 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Just booked tickets for Man United's home game against West Brom on 1st April 2017. Bloody hell our fans are hungry when it comes to match tickets laugh.gif hardly anything left. Goodness knows where will be in the league by then but whatever happens this is surely 3 points in waiting and will be worth the long wait.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 28th July 2016, 06:44 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Jul 27 2016, 11:09 PM) *
Just booked tickets for Man United's home game against West Brom on 1st April 2017. Bloody hell our fans are hungry when it comes to match tickets laugh.gif hardly anything left. Goodness knows where will be in the league by then but whatever happens this is surely 3 points in waiting and will be worth the long wait.

They really got tickets on sale for next April?!

At West Ham, they normally have a few games in advance. Although looking at the website, only until the end of August. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 28th July 2016, 07:39 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

In fairness the season tickets were going at a snails pace before Jose came along - one of the reasons LvG got sacked!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 28th July 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jul 28 2016, 07:44 AM) *
They really got tickets on sale for next April?!

At West Ham, they normally have a few games in advance. Although looking at the website, only until the end of August. laugh.gif

Yeah, on the day that the fixtures got released they had tickets on sale for every match apart from matches against the traditional top teams and now after their exploits of last season Leicester, Tottenham & West Ham as well. Also there were no tickets available for the last home match of the season on the final day. The tickets for the matches available got snapped up extremely fast so I couldn't book anything that day and then after that Man Utd temporarily stopped the allocation of tickets up until yesterday when I got an email and text saying that some tickets had been made newly available.

I still have to wait for the date and kick off time to be confirmed but I hope they don't move it to midweek just to suit Sky Sports drama.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 2nd August 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #48
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

It could well be a soap opera for Hull City this season.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 3rd August 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Wayne Rooney testimonial: Manchester United vs Everton on BT Sport right now.

Also on Sunday Arsenal vs Manchester City pre-season friendly is on ITV and Manchester United vs Leicester Charity Shield match is on BT Sport.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 3rd August 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

There were some positive things from the testimonial but largely it was a fairly dull affair, you'd never know we'd changed managers for half the match, and by God do we have some utter crap playing for us. If the first XI is picked right we could do very well this year, if we get it wrong we will end up 5th or 6th come May.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 4th August 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

Why are ITV showing a pre season friendly on Sunday lol? Something to watch I guess!!

Love the charity shield weekend and I'm looking forward to the EFL starting on Friday (as its called now)! Although ch5 still have highlights which is awful!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 4th August 2016, 09:49 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Shakin Stevens

QUOTE(Silas @ Aug 3 2016, 10:30 PM) *
There were some positive things from the testimonial but largely it was a fairly dull affair, you'd never know we'd changed managers for half the match, and by God do we have some utter crap playing for us. If the first XI is picked right we could do very well this year, if we get it wrong we will end up 5th or 6th come May.

Only difference is yous will win every game 1-0!!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th August 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #53
Group icon
Queen of Soon

It's an improvement on 0-0 laugh.gif sad.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 5th August 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Steve201 @ Aug 4 2016, 10:49 PM) *
Why are ITV showing a pre season friendly on Sunday lol? Something to watch I guess!!

Love the charity shield weekend and I'm looking forward to the EFL starting on Friday (as its called now)! Although ch5 still have highlights which is awful!

It's been called Friday for centuries unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 5th August 2016, 09:40 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 5 2016, 10:19 PM) *
It's been called Friday for centuries unsure.gif

I think he means the Championship which is now called the "EFL Championship" instead of "Sky Bet Championship"

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th August 2016, 09:41 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

I was about to post that but got the joke just in the nick of time laugh.gif

I hadn't realised the Football League had been rebranded as well as the Premier League this time out!

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 7th August 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Today's Community Shield match has shown that Leicester are definitely not going to go back to how they were before last season and they will start the new season well but I think by the middle of the season they will drop off. Quite an ok performance from Man Utd but it will take some time to change LVG's philosophy, Eric Bailey played well and Lingard's goal was really impressive.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 7th August 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #58
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Hazza Chapman @ Aug 7 2016, 06:50 PM) *
Today's Community Shield match has shown that Leicester are definitely not going to go back to how they were before last season and they will start the new season well but I think by the middle of the season they will drop off. Quite an ok performance from Man Utd but it will take some time to change LVG's philosophy, Eric Bailey played well and Lingard's goal was really impressive.

Can't judge anything off pre-season. Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 yesterday and got beat 4-0 by Mainz today.

Leicester won't be anywhere near winning the league. Man Utd will be closer, but their attack is gonna be so slow with Rooney/Ibra up top. I'm sure there will eb a few more offside goals allowed throughout the season though (;

+Quote this post
Silas
post 7th August 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #59
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Yeah I think Leicester are being a bit under predicted. They've made some good signings and I'd be surprised to see them out of the European spots next year. They look far more likely to take one than Southampton or West Ham or Liverpool.

Some good positives to take from today as a United Fan. Solid first half, if a little plodding in the midfield again, and some good performances by Shaw, Bailly and Blind. Fellaini should be hung from the Cantilevers of Old Trafford for that f*** up. Sooner that useless turd is flushed the better. We really needed Micky Ryan to put in more than a token 3 mins. We're lacking speed though. Zlatan is never going to give us that (and not why he's a United player either) but neither is Rooney, Carrick or Fellaini. Martial is really missing Mata I reckon.

Think Rashford, Ibra & Martial backed up by Micky Ryan & Pogba would be an unstoppable force. If we can get that quintet to work well together then this is ours. If we insist on Rooney playing everything then we will finished 3rd or 4th, maybe even 5th.

+Quote this post
jark
post 7th August 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #60
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

You think Leicester will finish above Liverpool? I'd be pretty shocked. It's Liverpool who are being underestimated, their performances the last 3 months of the season were SO sharp. Just a few niggles in defence to smooth out and they'll be well in contention for top four.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:31 AM