BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Where would you like to see Madonna perform Live., Yes tour but what about festivals....
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
thtr85
post Jul 6 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
New Entry
User: 24,403
As Madonna is doing a run of smaller venues Touring Madame X, I’d love her to perform at a Festival. She did Coachella some time ago, festivals are awesome and great publicity and articulately in the UK.
Why not perform to a huge crowd and one of the greatest festivals in the world ‘Glastonbury 2020’. Madonna has such a great back catalogue of hits, she’d be awesome. The odds have recently been released Madonna is currently 4 - 1 for performing at next years 50th anniversary Glastonbury festival.
Anyone else think this would be a great opportunity to be the Headline act?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 6 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Madonna would have to do the Legends slot at Glastonbury and I get the feeling that Elton John will do the 50th year slot to coincide with his retirement from touring. I can't see Madonna doing it unless she is still promoting Madame X. It would be great if she were to release a GH compilation or for her next album to do the legends slot at Glastonbury though. She certainly has more than enough massive songs to do it:

Imagine something like
1. Hung up
2. Vogue
3. Ray of light
4. Holiday
5. Beautiful stranger
6. Crazy for you
7. Music
8. 4 minutes (with Justin Timberlake)
9. Material girl
10. La Isla Bonita
11. Frozen
12. Erotic
13. Into the groove
14. Express yourself
15. True blue
16. Like a virgin
17. Papa don’t preach
18. Like a prayer

wub.gif every single one a huge hit wub.gif

+Quote this post
thtr85
post Jul 6 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
This would be my ultimate dream Glastonbury 50th Anniversary legends or headline Act, set list taken from these I guess:

Holiday
Lucky Star
Dress you up
Into the Groove
Papa don’t preach
La Isla Bonita
Live to tell
Crazy for you
This used to be my playground
You’ll see
Express yourself
Vogue
Secret
Deeper and Deeper
Don’t tell me
Hung up
Sorry
Faz Gostoso
Medellin
4 minutes
Give to me
Music
Ray of light
Like a Prayer

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 7 2019, 12:28 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
The thing with Madonna is it’s rare she’d do a slot unless she was promoting something.

Like she doesn’t strike me as a Kylie like artists who’d revisit their past hits in full. And do a set what’s like hits heavy if that makes sense.

A Madonna slot would probably be like at least 60% material from the new material / album she’s promoting then select hits from the past.

Songs like Music, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up would all sound amazing at Glastonbury though.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jul 7 2019, 12:29 AM

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 7 2019, 07:56 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jul 7 2019, 01:28 AM) *
The thing with Madonna is it’s rare she’d do a slot unless she was promoting something.

Like she doesn’t strike me as a Kylie like artists who’d revisit their past hits in full. And do a set what’s like hits heavy if that makes sense.

A Madonna slot would probably be like at least 60% material from the new material / album she’s promoting then select hits from the past.

Songs like Music, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Hung Up would all sound amazing at Glastonbury though.

Depends what slot she was given tbh. If you do the legends slot then it’s not really a new album slot. She would be an idiot to focus 60% on new material because nobody knows it apart from die hard fans.

+Quote this post
thtr85
post Jul 7 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
New Entry
I think you’re correct, however I think it would great publicity and a crowd pleasing gig would further connect with the UK. On the back of the Madame X tour a greatest hits set list performed at Glastonbury would be fantastic. Legend/headline Act combined.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 7 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #7
Group icon
User: 13,007
I would love her to do Glastonbury next year and get a reaction even half as good as the one Kylie got this year

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 6 2019, 10:37 PM) *
Imagine something like
1. Hung up
2. Vogue
3. Ray of light
4. Holiday
5. Beautiful stranger
6. Crazy for you
7. Music
8. 4 minutes (with Justin Timberlake)
9. Material girl
10. La Isla Bonita
11. Frozen
12. Erotic
13. Into the groove
14. Express yourself
15. True blue
16. Like a virgin
17. Papa don’t preach
18. Like a prayer

wub.gif every single one a huge hit wub.gif

IMAGINE THAT !!!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Jul 11 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I'd love Madonna to headline at Glastonbury (and I think she would be headline rather than get the Legends slot) and, in the ideal world, she would receive a similar reaction to Kylie and be put in the interests of the public again. However, I agree with Jordan that I feel Madonna would want to promote an album and I'm not sure she'd be as willing to embrace her catalogue in such a way that would be required to appeal to the general public. She has done it in the past, like the Live 8 and Live Earth performances in the mid-Noughties and I thought they were fantastic: she really enjoyed herself and the crowd were in the palm of her hands. I'm just unsure how willing she'd be to do that now though. I fear it would be a Janet Jackson case where she and her team didn't really get what Glastonbury was about and what people wanted from it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:13 AM