BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Most hyped movie of October 2017?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
October 2017
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
J❄️hq
post 4th October 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Looks like quite a loaded month! Some big sequels/franchises, a couple of horrors for people that way inclined and a couple of movies touted as having the potential to pick up Oscar wins next year.

Blade Runner 2049: sequel to 80s cult movie 'Blade Runner' (Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling)
The Glass Castle: based on the memoir of Jeannette Walls (Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson, Naomi Watts)
The Mountain Between Us: disaster/survival movie about two people stranded in a snowy wilderness (Kate Winslet, Idris Elba)
The Lego Ninjago Movie: third movie in the Lego franchise (Dave Franco, Jackie Chan)
The Ritual: things don't go well when a group of friends go hiking in Sweden (Rafe Spall)
The Snowman: detective investigating the disappearance of a victim and fearing a serial killer nicknamed 'The Snowman' is active (Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson)
Geostorm: disaster movie where climate-controlling satellites malfunction (Gerard Butler)
Happy Death Day: slasher movie with a woman re-living her birthday (and death) over and over
My Little Pony: an Iz wet dream based on the toy and TV franchise (Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Sia)
Jigsaw: next installment in the Saw horror franchise
Breathe: biographical drama about a man who becomes paralyzed from the neck down and is given three months to live (Andrew Garfield, Claire Foy)
Call Me By Your Name: coming of age LGBT drama (Armie Hammer, Timothée Chalamet)
Thor: Ragnarok: the next superhero/Marvel release, the third to focus on the character of Thor (Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett + a few other names)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th October 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I shall comment properly later, but I voted Thor (by farrrrrr) wub.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th October 2017, 12:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Happy Death Day very closely followed by Jigsaw.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 4th October 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I'm most hyped about/planning to go see:
01. The Snowman
02. Geostorm
03. Thor: Ragnarok
04. Blade Runner 2049
05. Happy Death Day
06. Jigsaw

Overall a very exciting movie month!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 4th October 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Gone for Thor because from the trailers so far, I think it has the potential to be my favourite movie of the entire year and I'm just ridiculously hyped for it at the moment.

I am also VERY excited for Call Me By Your Name (after reading the book which was just so romantic and magical, can't wait to see the film adaptation) and Breathe too which looks like the sort of awards bait that I usually love.

I'll probably also catch Blade Runner, The Glass Castle, The Mountain Between Us, Lego Ninjago, The Snowman, Geostorm (and My Little Pony tbh) if possible but not so excited for those really.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 4th October 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Blade Runner followed by Thor. I'll give Geostorm and Jigsaw a watch as well.

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 4th October 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

Either The Snowman or Jigsaw

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 5th October 2017, 10:21 AM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I've gone for Lego Ninjago, loved the previous two Lego movies and the trailer for this one looks just as promising, but Call Me By Your Name and Breathe are very close behind.

Also have interest in seeing My Little Pony and potentially Thor...not seen the previous Thor movies and my thoughts on Marvel are known to be mixed, but the trailer looked rather fun.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th October 2017, 10:44 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Definitely The Ritual, I generally like that sort of cross comedy-horror and I think it'll do it better than It, for example.

Snowman looks a bit meh, Geostorm could be a shout. Not planning on seeing any of the others.

The other that should be up my street is Jigsaw but it could end up falling a bit flat so that's why I wouldn't say it's "hyped" for me so much.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th October 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #10
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Definitely won't see in cinemas:
13) Jigsaw - it's an 18 & I've never seen any of the other Saw films
12) My Little Pony - no.
11) The Ritual - no.

Might see:
10) Geostorm - it looks utterly horrendous but its the kind of thing my dad will probs wanna see so i'd tag along laugh.gif
9) The Lego Ninjago Movie: No interest at all, would only see if family wanted to see it

Interested:
8) Happy Death Day
7) The Glass Castle

Will probs see in cinemas:
6) The Mountain Between Us
5) Thor: Ragnarok
4) Call Me By Your Name
3) Breathe
2) The Snowman
1) Blade Runner 2049 - looks so good and I love the cast + the reviews are really promising!

ngl this month kinda seems a bit weak sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 7th October 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

The Snowman with Jigsaw a close second!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 9th October 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(HobDoblin @ Oct 5 2017, 11:44 PM) *
Definitely The Ritual, I generally like that sort of cross comedy-horror and I think it'll do it better than It, for example.

I've watched it already as part of Odeon's Scream Unseen and it is very good! It has been marketed poorly though, it's much more of a horror than a comedy, it only has the jokes shown in the trailer I'd say.

Very good horror though, really gripping!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 9th October 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Ah that's encouraging to hear! I did wonder if the trailer (which I have seen seemingly a billion times now) didn't do the whole thing much justice especially with those throwaway remarks plastered all over it. Very eager to see it next week finally.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:10 PM