BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Criminal | 15/4/16, Stars Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Tommy Lee Jones, Gal Gadot + More
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 19 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Criminal is an action thriller released last week and has a big ensemble cast featuring Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Tommy Lee Jones, Gal Gadot, Alice Eve and Ryan Reynolds.

I'm a little too tired to do a review now but I will be posting mine tomorrow. And to give you a hint of what it will be like, prepare for In The Heart Of The Sea Rant Part 2...
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 20 2016, 11:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Ok here goes
(Warning: there are probably a lot of spoilers not tagged below):

First of all, WTF WAS THE MOVIE ABOUT. I have never ever been so confused while watching a movie and have never had so many questions in my head. Why was that agent so important? What was on the USB? Why was EVERYONE so fussed over that bloody USB? Why was everyone chasing it? Why did he want to attack everyone with nuclear weapons? When the hell did nuclear weapons come into this? I've never seen a more worse plotted film than this in a very very long time. The script was written by a 2 year old and was confusing, confuzzling, dumb and missing a plot. I generally couldn't tell you what the plot of the movie was, it was so confusing. The script was horrific, the 'story' was horrific, it was all horrific.

Now onto the cast. Kevin Costner was dreadful in the lead role, grumpy, moany and I didn't feel like rooting for his character at one point. I usually love Gary Oldman but he was horrific in this. I swear he screamed every single line he said and the character was just in a mood for no utter reason the entire film. Tommy Lee Jones was bad and the villain was horrifically written and had no intention or motivation for anything he did. Gal Gadot was good to start off but bad scripting also derailed her character and just got a bit boring. And I adore Alice Eve so it was a shame to see her critically underused and do pretty much nothing. Well she was in it a little bit but I swear she didn't speak more than about 10 words the entire movie? Before suddenly dying. Such a wasted character who could have been really good. Ryan Reynolds was pretty good in the very short amount he was in it, would have been a much better movie had they spent more time building up Reynolds character, what was going on and expanding on that opening scene because the chase was interesting (for a while). And the rest of the cast was horrific. Especially that Jan person who I had no bloody clue what they were doing and I've never seen a character changed their mind so many times.

Absolutely horrific on the whole and this is an unenjoyable, crap action/thriller that goes absolutely nowhere and is a confusing mess that doesn't make you feel thrilled or interested at all and gets more and more boring and dull as it goes on.

0/10
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:11 PM