BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Bibi H - How It Is (Wap Bap...), The german Rebecca Black
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Addy!
post May 7 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
The german Rebecca Black. Video was released two days ago and already has over 19 million views, with almost 1,5 million dislikes and just over 240k likes.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
danG
post May 7 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
I don't understand this being so heavily disliked after giving it one listen, it's not a particularly great song but it's not laughably awful either? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post May 7 2017, 05:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Yeap, I thought the same...I heard Warner ordered massive amounts of CD singles of this. They're already on sale at all retailers.

This must've been planned tbh.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post May 7 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
This is just a standard bland pop song laugh.gif It's not horrendously awful or so bad it's good like Friday was, it's just there. Could be a set up but it takes borderline nothing to take off online nowadays drama.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post May 7 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #5
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
The Jason Mraz-reminiscent production, unremarkable vocals & an uneventful video, fronted by a pretty girl... on the surface that is an inoffensive combination, but for me it's the lyrics that kill this stone dead. There's zero substance or quality to them! The chorus is catchy in a mind-numbing kind of the way, but the verses...

I’m up and down I feel so fat
I ain’t got no more fizz

Don’t even get to keep the cat
But that’s just how it is!

I lost my job, I didn’t know
And that’s not good at all!

I met a guy, he knows my name
He also told me his

drama.gif

I was wondering how it managed to attract so many views/dislikes so quickly: she's a popular fashion/beauty German YouTuber, with 4.4m subscribers and millions of views across her previous uploads, so that explains why the song has attracted instantaneous attention. How it made the leap from her fan base to being so widely hated on, who knows? ;o

The fact that she is a successful YouTuber makes me assume that such a bad "Friday-esque" reaction wouldn't have been her intention. Like, why risk damaging her brand with negative widespread attention? I assume she must have had faith in this being a good song. Who knows what the record label's intention was though (Warner)!

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post May 7 2017, 08:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795
It's not bad. It just doesn't do anything to me. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post May 7 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I have no shame in finding this an utter jam tbh. It's just such an earworm <3

+Quote this post
Last Dreamer
post May 21 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
With Kristina in heart
User: 28,104
QUOTE(danG @ May 7 2017, 04:35 PM) *
I don't understand this being so heavily disliked after giving it one listen, it's not a particularly great song but it's not laughably awful either? unsure.gif

One German resident gave me the answer on other forum.

She is one of the most famous German Youtubers, and she is known for being greedy, so most people are not okay with her having a song on sale because she will earn even more money from it due to her young fangirls.

Some people also said that the lyrics of the song are stupid, but IMO this counts for for most successful German artists, so we should be used to that.

Also, we had far worse YT "idols" singing far worse songs, which would actually deserve the hate Bibi got

smile.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post May 21 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Well after half an hour I can still hum the tune so that must mean it's got something going for it! Certainly nowhere near the worst I've heard this year.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post May 22 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #10
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475
I quite like it. Would suit an advert (What for who know's!!) don't really understand the hate for the song itself think it's more Bibi who seems highly disliked.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:14 AM