BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - 'Spiceworld', 1997 • 2nd Album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 21st April 2020, 11:25 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 21 2020, 10:51 PM) *
I can just see one letter of S P I C E with the girl in it as a slip case cover so S is Scary just the S cut from the original album cover maybe with Scary edition written underneath. P is Geri slipcase, I is Emma slipcase C is Victoria slipcase and E is Melanie C slipcase

If they really wanted to push sales back then they could have included 5 extra songs 1 song on each edition to create the extra incentive. wub.gif

That's just naughty lol teresa.gif

They would have been mauled as money grabbers by the press, even worse than they already were. I think one deluxe edition with extra songs would have been enough. And a cute limited edition with one girl in each cover would have been special though heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd April 2020, 01:48 AM
Post #22
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Apr 21 2020, 11:51 PM) *
I can just see one letter of S P I C E with the girl in it as a slip case cover so S is Scary just the S cut from the original album cover maybe with Scary edition written underneath. P is Geri slipcase, I is Emma slipcase C is Victoria slipcase and E is Melanie C slipcase

wub.gif I would have loved that!

I did a mock up of this concept, back in the days of DenDen! (but with 'SPICE GIRLS' underneath the letters, rather than their nicknames)

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 22nd April 2020, 02:40 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Very good, I would have bought the sporty one but some fans would have bought the group one plus all the solo ones.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd April 2020, 03:21 AM
Post #24
Group icon

If these had existed and I could only choose one, I would have wanted Baby back in 1997! There's absolutely no way my parents would have bought all 5 for me! laugh.gif (I know this because they only let me have one Spiceworld The Movie tin kink.gif ).

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 22nd April 2020, 05:58 AM
Post #25
Group icon

I threw these together on Paint, to be more like what Spiceboy thought of!

I've designed them like it would be a physical CD, so the 'SPICE GIRLS' logo on the side would be printed on the paper that is below the see through plastic tray. The individual letters would be the front covers of the album booklets. Maybe I should have done them like slipcases that would go over the normal Spiceworld album, but the individual booklets is like how The Saturdays did their individual On You Radar covers!

If I'd used Photoshop I could have been more accurate with the positioning of the images and text (they might be slightly off centre or out of line), but it's just a rough concept:

(Click for larger images)

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 22nd April 2020, 08:51 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 22 2020, 06:58 AM) *
I threw these together on Paint, to be more like what Spiceboy thought of!

I've designed them like it would be a physical CD, so the 'SPICE GIRLS' logo on the side would be printed on the paper that is below the see through plastic tray. The individual letters would be the front covers of the album booklets. Maybe I should have done them like slipcases that would go over the normal Spiceworld album, but the individual booklets is like how The Saturdays did their individual On You Radar covers!

If I'd used Photoshop I could have been more accurate with the positioning of the images and text (they might be slightly off centre or out of line), but it's just a rough concept:

(Click for larger images)

Amazing I want wub.gif

I would have been bought just the one back in the day probably Emma as my mum liked her and she was the one who chose, although I imagine she would have just got the group edition... but I would have bought them all over time 😂. It would have kept their sales ticking along a little more over time as collectors kept topping to their collections 🥰

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 22nd April 2020, 11:16 AM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,217

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Apr 21 2020, 12:37 AM) *
I'll start the topic off by linking this recently made fan-made video for 'Denying'! It's really well done and offers a tantalising glimpse of what a 5 piece Spice Girls would look like in a music video nowadays.

heart.gif

This is amazingly done.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 22nd April 2020, 02:58 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Thats a really great video, someone is very talented, this could pass as real professional video for a song, id say the girls themselves would be a fan of this.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 26th April 2020, 12:53 PM
Post #29
Group icon

I'm really into playing Denying recently! I am still dry.gif at it coming last in the recent survivor, tssk x

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 26th April 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Anyone remember the uk and us open ing sales for spice world?

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 26th April 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Seeing those slip case mock ups in this thread really makes you wonder why they dont milk their old albums more even nowadays. I have the disposable income now that I'd snap up all 5 if they did a limited run of them now limited to say 5k copies each letter. I'm sure they would have no problem flogging them and they have an online store so can just sell them £10 a pop all 5 for £45 and not have a middle man take a cut if the profits.

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 26th April 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,953

That Denying video is brilliant but the fact that Spice fans need to create stuff to feed themselves due to lack of new content from the girls is kind of sad. The way they treat their fans though smh.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 26th April 2020, 04:03 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Apr 26 2020, 04:28 PM) *
Seeing those slip case mock ups in this thread really makes you wonder why they dont milk their old albums more even nowadays. I have the disposable income now that I'd snap up all 5 if they did a limited run of them now limited to say 5k copies each letter. I'm sure they would have no problem flogging them and they have an online store so can just sell them £10 a pop all 5 for £45 and not have a middle man take a cut if the profits.

I'm surprised they havnt either as they could easily sell 5k of each. 25k is enough for number 1 on many weeks. If they autographed them aswell as in genuine autograph it would add to it. Each spice girl could plug their aswell as group pushes.

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 26th April 2020, 04:04 PM

+Quote this post
Spice Girls Net
post 26th April 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Apr 26 2020, 04:16 PM) *
Anyone remember the uk and us open ing sales for spice world?

UK - 192,000
USA - 83,000

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th April 2020, 05:48 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Apr 26 2020, 04:28 PM) *

Even if they made it super limited with 1k of each girl and sold them at £20 a copy they would be snapped up instantly and make the top 20 possibly top 10 of the charts... It's so annoying they are not milking their albums more wacko.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 26th April 2020, 05:49 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Maybe they will eventually those uk opening sales were great.

+Quote this post
JaneJ
post 26th April 2020, 06:41 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,953

Kpop factories do that all the time, the fans won't mind but it doesn't look good for outsiders. The girls are already legends, they don't need that. If they want to milk please at least create new tactics please.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 29th April 2020, 08:56 PM
Post #38
Group icon
User: 13,007

Relistened to this album, this evening cheer.gif Another great album and it follows on naturally from the debut and definitely shows growth in terms of vocals and production. Again, the singles are all near perfection, with one of them being actual perfection. 'Never Give Up on the Good Times' is fantastic too and definitely an album track highlight wub.gif I just can't stand 'The Lady is a Vamp' and hate how it ends an otherwise flawless album.

1. Viva Forever
2. Spice Up Your Life
3. Too Much
4. Never Give Up on the Good Times
5. Stop
6. Denying
7. Do It
8. Saturday Night Divas
9. Move Over
10. The Lady Is a Vamp

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 29th April 2020, 09:03 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Hauspital* @ Apr 29 2020, 09:56 PM) *
Relistened to this album, this evening cheer.gif Another great album and it follows on naturally from the debut and definitely shows growth in terms of vocals and production. Again, the singles are all near perfection, with one of them being actual perfection. 'Never Give Up on the Good Times' is fantastic too and definitely an album track highlight wub.gif I just can't stand 'The Lady is a Vamp' and hate how it ends an otherwise flawless album.

1. Viva Forever
2. Spice Up Your Life
3. Too Much
4. Never Give Up on the Good Times
5. Stop
6. Denying
7. Do It
8. Saturday Night Divas
9. Move Over
10. The Lady Is a Vamp

Another Too Much lover wub.gif

But I adore Lady is a vamp the very very end of it is such an boom boom BOOM for me!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 29th April 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

Too Much is high quality pop. What a classy tune wub.gif

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »