BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Grey's Anatomy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Aug 22 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #181
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182
QUOTE(Calum @ Aug 20 2018, 11:28 PM) *
Oh yeah, I forgot he wasn't even there for that. kink.gif I hope they find a way to explain all of that, i.e. he was at the funeral, etc.

I actually need to catch up on season 14 before season 15 starts - I stopped watching after the mid-season finale and ended up watching the finale with a friend, but need to know everything that happened in between.

I can't even remember when he was last on the show - the storyline with Meredith's liver IIRC? It better not be another Katie Bryce season 12 fiasco again with a rushed reintroduction laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 22 2018, 06:01 PM
Post #182
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316
QUOTE(SKepner @ Aug 22 2018, 04:58 PM) *
I can't even remember when he was last on the show - the storyline with Meredith's liver IIRC? It better not be another Katie Bryce season 12 fiasco again with a rushed reintroduction laugh.gif

Just checked and he’s not been there since season 7!

I feel like with Thatcher they’ll definitely have to explain where he’s been, etc (even if it is just glossing over everything in one scene). They got away with Katie Bryce because she wasn’t exactly a main/recurring character, just Meredith’s first patient.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 22 2018, 09:00 PM
Post #183
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Aug 22 2018, 07:01 PM) *
Just checked and he’s not been there since season 7!

I feel like with Thatcher they’ll definitely have to explain where he’s been, etc (even if it is just glossing over everything in one scene). They got away with Katie Bryce because she wasn’t exactly a main/recurring character, just Meredith’s first patient.

IMO it was too corny and didn't seem natural; I just don't think there is going to be a good enough explanation for Thatcher. I know him and Meredith were not exactly close but you'd think given they all live in the same vicinity of the hospital something would have been said or done sooner! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 22 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #184
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(SKepner @ Aug 22 2018, 10:00 PM) *

IMO it was too corny and didn't seem natural; I just don't think there is going to be a good enough explanation for Thatcher. I know him and Meredith were not exactly close but you'd think given they all live in the same vicinity of the hospital something would have been said or done sooner! laugh.gif

Tbh season 12 was a bit of a disaster/non-event all round. kink.gif

I feel like they'll probably go down the route of trying to say he and Meredith have seen each other on occasion off-screen, etc. I am starting to feel like they're bringing characters back just for the sake of it as the show starts to near its end though.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 23 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #185
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Aug 22 2018, 10:27 PM) *
Tbh season 12 was a bit of a disaster/non-event all round. kink.gif

I feel like they'll probably go down the route of trying to say he and Meredith have seen each other on occasion off-screen, etc. I am starting to feel like they're bringing characters back just for the sake of it as the show starts to near its end though.

Derek's supposed killer dating Callie, Meredith being attacked and suffering PTSD, Amelia and Owen getting it on, April nearly being sued by the Avery's for not declaring her pregnancy, later giving birth in a storm, Arizona winning custody of Sofia and so many more things tongue.gif eventful indeed!

I didn't think of it like that at all tbf, drawing the show to a close by bringing back the nostalgia first. As long as they don't bring back D which would be utterly absurd.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 24 2018, 10:09 AM
Post #186
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(SKepner @ Aug 23 2018, 07:26 PM) *

Derek's supposed killer dating Callie, Meredith being attacked and suffering PTSD, Amelia and Owen getting it on, April nearly being sued by the Avery's for not declaring her pregnancy, later giving birth in a storm, Arizona winning custody of Sofia and so many more things tongue.gif eventful indeed!

I didn't think of it like that at all tbf, drawing the show to a close by bringing back the nostalgia first. As long as they don't bring back D which would be utterly absurd.

I feel like the whole storyline with Penny was badly executed, and I've never really understood the whole 'perfect Penny killed my husband' angle. Sure, she should have pushed for a CT if she thought it was necessary, but she was a resident who probably couldn't go above her superiors when everything was so in-the-moment. I must have been in the minority that actually really liked Penny when she was brought back as a recurring character, and not just hating her because all the main characters did.

I suppose season 12 did have its moments (Meredith's attack being a highlight of the season, and the custody battle was fabulous in that I was rooting for Arizona and she won *.*), but everything else was just very... plain. kink.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Aug 24 2018, 10:18 AM
Post #187
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Aug 24 2018, 11:09 AM) *

I feel like the whole storyline with Penny was badly executed, and I've never really understood the whole 'perfect Penny killed my husband' angle. Sure, she should have pushed for a CT if she thought it was necessary, but she was a resident who probably couldn't go above her superiors when everything was so in-the-moment. I must have been in the minority that actually really liked Penny when she was brought back as a recurring character, and not just hating her because all the main characters did.

I suppose season 12 did have its moments (Meredith's attack being a highlight of the season, and the custody battle was fabulous in that I was rooting for Arizona and she won *.*), but everything else was just very... plain. kink.gif

FINALLY! *.* I thought it was a great storyline but I am with you on the whole she killed my husband/brother aspect; that could have been any other character and fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but as it was a new character half the fans jumped on it. Look at April in season 6 and all the other losses the doctors have lost but they don't get called murderers laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SKepner: Aug 24 2018, 10:18 AM

+Quote this post
Calum
post Aug 24 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #188
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(SKepner @ Aug 24 2018, 11:18 AM) *

FINALLY! *.* I thought it was a great storyline but I am with you on the whole she killed my husband/brother aspect; that could have been any other character and fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but as it was a new character half the fans jumped on it. Look at April in season 6 and all the other losses the doctors have lost but they don't get called murderers laugh.gif

Definitely! laugh.gif I guess they had to have somebody to blame in the aftermath of it all for the sake of a storyline, but Meredith and Amelia were just unbearable for a short while (particularly Amelia - although I've never been fond of her in Grey's; her story was finished and should have stayed that way when Private Practice ended).

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 14 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #189
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I’ve not finished private practice but I’ve read similar comments on Instagram about her story.

The snippet for the two hour premiere looks *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post Sep 14 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #190
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(SKepner @ Sep 14 2018, 04:57 PM) *
I’ve not finished private practice but I’ve read similar comments on Instagram about her story.

The snippet for the two hour premiere looks *.*

Please tell me you’re far enough into Private Practice to know/love Charlotte though? heart.gif

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 14 2018, 05:02 PM
Post #191
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

heart.gif

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 16 2018, 03:48 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Sep 14 2018, 05:51 PM) *
Please tell me you’re far enough into Private Practice to know/love Charlotte though? heart.gif

It has taken me nearly four years to finish it as it didn't captivate me as much as Grey's with the medical cases, characters, the drama, etc etc. I quite like Charlotte, I especially warmed to her as the series went on - the assault storyline and her stepping up to be Mason's Mum are definitely character highlights!

QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Sep 14 2018, 06:02 PM) *

heart.gif

That spoiler! *.*

It looks like they aren't hanging around with the Teddy/Amelia drama! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post Sep 16 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #193
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(SKepner @ Sep 16 2018, 04:48 PM) *
It has taken me nearly four years to finish it as it didn't captivate me as much as Grey's with the medical cases, characters, the drama, etc etc. I quite like Charlotte, I especially warmed to her as the series went on - the assault storyline and her stepping up to be Mason's Mum are definitely character highlights!

Definitely. Private Practice was more focused on the main characters than having new medical cases each week more often than not. But it's worth it at the end seeing how all their stories end (particularly Amelia, Charlotte and Addison).

That Grey's trailer, though... I don't know how I feel about Meredith and DeLuca.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 20 2018, 05:39 AM
Post #194
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Calum @ Sep 16 2018, 11:52 PM) *
Definitely. Private Practice was more focused on the main characters than having new medical cases each week more often than not. But it's worth it at the end seeing how all their stories end (particularly Amelia, Charlotte and Addison).

That Grey's trailer, though... I don't know how I feel about Meredith and DeLuca.

I know how it ends for Addison due to spoilers! I’m not sure those two are going to be a thing more a fling I reckon to create drama with Maggie!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 23 2018, 05:24 PM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Station 19 starts October 4th! Cannot wait for that opener *.*

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 29 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #196
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
So I've just watched the first two episodes and I REALLY do not care for Jackson anymore and Amelia/Owen bore me to tears :')

However, I'm glad Alex and Jo are sticking around and there's some potential with the interns, especially Taryn and Levi this season.

+Quote this post
SGrey
post Sep 29 2018, 08:02 PM
Post #197
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Wait do we think Glasses is gonna be at least bi and have some romantic action because I am so here for it!!!

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Oct 2 2018, 06:47 PM
Post #198
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Apparently it's now been revealed that April and Arizona were axed primarily because the main Series Regular cast was too big to manage and it needed reducing. Tbf they could've sacked off some of the others (Maggie, Jackson, Owen, Amelia) that have tired storylines but hey :')

+Quote this post
Calum
post Oct 2 2018, 11:54 PM
Post #199
Group icon
nabad
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Oct 2 2018, 07:47 PM) *
Apparently it's now been revealed that April and Arizona were axed primarily because the main Series Regular cast was too big to manage and it needed reducing. Tbf they could've sacked off some of the others (Maggie, Jackson, Owen, Amelia) that have tired storylines but hey :')

I read an article about that. Completely agree that they could have axed any (or all) of those four you've mentioned and I wouldn't have cared less. Maybe Arizona's storyline was more or less done (I get the impression people were only mad she was axed because they still have hope for #Calzona), but I feel there was still a lot that could've been done with April?

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Oct 5 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #200
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
So err what is supposed to have happened to Jackson? Jesse Williams was still credited.. is this just a temporary break or has he legit just gone?

Guess I spoke too soon previously kink.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:50 PM