BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sweden (Melodifestivalen) · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Robin Bengtsson - I Can't Go On
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
gooddelta
post Mar 12 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #201
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah Loreen would have probably come like 10th in the televote if she'd scraped to the final so if she had won thanks to the juries there would be huge uproar.

I hope the voting system will be altered slightly for next year, Wiktoria has finished 2nd on the televote twice in a row and finished 4th and 6th overall respectively, poor girl.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScottyEm
post Mar 12 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #202
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 519
   No Gallery Pics

It was all a bit weird to see such a small gap between first and last place in the voting,so ultimately the juries had a lot more clout. I agree it would need reviewing. It surely must be gutting for Wiktoria, but a shrill song coupled with an unreliable vocalist, I was baffled it was a favourite in the first place. Robin is a far stronger package and I'm confident it's another solid top 5 finish in Kiev.

This post has been edited by ScottyEm: Mar 12 2017, 11:39 AM

+Quote Post
danG
post Mar 12 2017, 11:45 AM
Post #203
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Song is quite decent at best but WOW at that staging!!! Admittedly haven't heard the other entries but that looks like another win for Sweden.

+Quote Post
David
post Mar 12 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #204
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 44

It's a great spectacle, but I really don't think the song is up to much. Will obviously qualify, but won't be surprised if it's hovering between 11th and 15th at the end of the night on May 13th.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Mar 12 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #205
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Yeah I know there's no definitive way of knowing if Loreen would've stormed the jury vote, but if the juries were after a strong song, performed superbly with stunning live vocals then I truly believe she'd have run away with it. Of course Rich is right in saying she'd have flopped on the public vote and they'd definitely be some AFTONBLADET headlines this morning had she won that way! I wasn't trying to turn my point into 'if only Loreen was in the final!!!1', Robin is a deserving winner and will surely be in the top 5 in Ukraine. Just a little bitter still over her not even making the final.

+Quote Post
Mateja
post Mar 12 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #206
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 15,071
   No Gallery Pics

The winning song is okay, I guess. Probably the right choice based on what was on offer in the final. That said, I find the lyrics and the whole act a bit off putting.

No song or performance in the final came close to 'Statements'. I actually went and downloaded the song from iTunes.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 14 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #207
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

The stats are out...

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/se-alla...Stockholm%20ATV

Roger Pontare was little over 2,000 votes from making AC.

Robin won the 3rd Deltavling, but with the lowest number of votes for any heat winner.

Bella and Filippa were only 13,000 votes adrift of Anton Hagman for a place in AC. They also got by far the highest number of votes for a fifth placer, suggesting they would have eased through some of the other heats...

Nano got by more votes in his heat than any other song in any heat.

Wiktoria won the first round of her Deltavling comfortably but was only third in the second round of voting. Loreen WON the second round of voting (drama.gif) but not by enough to climb from third place overall to overtake Jon Henrik. However, Loreen's vote tally was not enough for a place in the final in any of the other heats.

Axel very narrowly beat Alice to AC - by 8,000 votes - after she was narrowly in front after the first round.

In AC, Lisa beat Axel to the final by 6,000 votes - 50.15% compared to 49.85% of the vote. Closest duel of all time in AC.

Anton beat Loreen by over 85,000 votes and with 52.3% of the votes in their heat compared to Loreen's 47.7%.

Sara Varga's entry got the least votes of all, across any of the rounds, while Krista was the last placer with the highest number of votes.

If the votes were reset at the second round of voting (rather than being carried over), as was the case until 2011, Boris René, FO&O and Loreen would have gone straight to the final at the expense of Ace Wilder, Robin Bengtsson and Wiktoria!

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Mar 14 2017, 10:06 AM

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 14 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #208
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Not Owe getting more round 2 votes than any other song drama.gif

(And am I understanding the translation right? They get over 10,000 votes in each round 2, for a song that isn't in round 2? laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 14 2017, 11:10 AM
Post #209
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

200,000 more public votes in the final for Nano than Robin laugh.gif Poor guy!

Loreen completely thwarted by the app. Sitting in the arena I could get a feel that kids now have a lot of the power here, all constantly tapping away on the app on their iPhones all night for basically anybody under the age of 25 (and Nano, inexplicably) and ignoring anybody over...Loreen is just another old schlager bag now to join the heap sad.gif

This post has been edited by gooddelta: Mar 14 2017, 11:11 AM

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Mar 14 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #210
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

The Scandipop write-up / analysis of the results really confuses me

(again, Loreen only had app votes to rely on in Andra Chansen – as there is no televote)

Is this true? unsure.gif There were definitely numbers of some kind displayed during the AC duels... They also say that the televote is introduced in round 2 of each heat, making it sound like round 1 is app only, but again there are numbers displayed and recapped during round 1?!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Mar 14 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #211
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

CANCEL THE APP IMMEDIATELY

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 14 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #212
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

If Eurovision was based on app voting then Jamala would have never won.

App voting to song contests is like Spotify streaming to charts, it allows the safest and most generic or catchy/kid-friendly songs to prosper while anything daring or original loses out because it doesn't get that blanket support.

1 million people throwing a 'good' song 2 or 3 votes each is ultimately, and sadly, more effective than 200,000 ardent and hardcore supporters giving a really unique, but marmite song 5 votes each.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Mar 14 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #213
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 14 2017, 12:53 PM) *
If Eurovision was based on app voting then Jamala would have never won.

App voting to song contests is like Spotify streaming to charts, it allows the safest and most generic or catchy/kid-friendly songs to prosper while anything daring or original loses out because it doesn't get that blanket support.

1 million people throwing a 'good' song 2 or 3 votes each is ultimately, and sadly, more effective than 200,000 ardent and hardcore supporters giving a really unique, but marmite song 5 votes each.

I just pray it never makes its way to Eurovision then - whether you like Jamala or not, one of the key factors of enjoyment in musical competitions is the unexpected and daring triumphing over the odds. I mean, Robin was fairly unexpected and I'll give him that as much as I dislike the song but that feels hollow because it was effectively a jury choice and the public had no final say in the matter.

How can two separate sections of musical competition get it so wrong in prioritising unoriginality? Clones of previously popular songs are supposed to be left in the dirt and people move onto the next thing, not rewarded for their ordinariness.

I'm at the point where I'm having to expect technically competent but dead-behind-the-eyes Swedish entries for the foreseeable future and that's really disheartening.

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Mar 17 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #214
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

This is a great song, but he just looks so awkward performing it live, especially the 'okay' signs

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 17 2017, 04:54 PM
Post #215
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

MF entries in the top 50 of the latest Swedish charts:

(3) 2. Wiktoria cheer.gif
(6) 3. Robin
(7) 4. Nano
(10) 7. FO&O
(11) 10. Benjamin
(23) 12. Jon Henrik
(17) 13. Anton
(26) 16. Mariette
(13) 20. Loreen
(36) 27. Lisa
(51) 30. Ace
(41) 31. Axel
(65) 42. Boris
(58) 49. Bella & Filippa

The best song staying out in front, well I never! Maybe a UK record label can pick this up and it can smash through the backdoor without even needing the Eurovision exposure *prays*

Shape Of You is #1, naturally.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 17 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #216
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

This song is hitting me really hard atm! Obsessed with it!

Here for another top 5 Sweden entry tbh. (Although I still think it might be the token "one of the faves to slightly under perform"!)

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Mar 18 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #217
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Just noticed that As I Lay Me Down has been added to UK Spotify playlist 'The Pop List', which has over 330,000 followers!

That's good to see they're taking notice of it, probably because of its enduring success on Spotify Sweden, would love it to somehow get onto Hot Hits UK, or gain traction somehow.

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Mar 19 2017, 12:59 AM
Post #218
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Member No.: 7,117

I'm over ever praying one of these MF hits could crossover after I got vague hopes up for Busy Doin Nothin on about 3 seperate occasions.

+Quote Post
aymnt
post Apr 13 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #219
New Entry
Member No.: 23,086
   No Gallery Pics

Interview to Robin B.: https://reyournal.com/post/robin-b-me-and-m...ng-is-super/ver

This post has been edited by aymnt: Apr 13 2017, 03:37 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 2 2017, 02:19 PM
Post #220
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Be afraid (unless you're a Nano fan smile.gif)

Hold On looks to be gearing up for an international push...a video produced by Michael Jackson's son Prince (!) has been made for the track, and an article has even featured on Billboard. Hopefully it doesn't escape into the charts here, I'm relatively confident it won't in this post-Sigma landscape that we live in, unless Radio 1 get hold of it, but they'll soon be scared off when a quick Google search reveals its Melodifestivalen roots.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/788...-video-producer

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:51 AM