BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> A08S02 - "Hard", Unknown release date due to 4.0 hiatus
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Simon.
post 10th February 2018, 10:12 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 10 2018, 03:29 AM) *
Plus I remember the Freedumb video being described as a return to Freak Like Me or something like that. I guess because they were in a club.

laugh.gif I remember that

I do hope she locates Hard though
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 11th February 2018, 02:40 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Feb 8 2018, 03:45 PM) *
Interesting to hear if it would have done better than Freedom and been a bit less trend chasing

I don't think it would have made any noticeable difference. Since the moment they became 3 completely different women to the original line-up there was no way they were gonna survive that, and after Sweet 7's megabomb they stood no chance regardless of the songs that followed.

But I am really intrigued to hear this, if it surfaces!

+Quote this post
tommie
post 11th February 2018, 06:00 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Feb 11 2018, 03:40 PM) *
I don't think it would have made any noticeable difference. Since the moment they became 3 completely different women to the original line-up there was no way they were gonna survive that, and after Sweet 7's megabomb they stood no chance regardless of the songs that followed.

Exactly - radio and public support basically dwindled. People forget that Wear My Kiss reached the top five on airplay, but could only stay in the top 75 for six weeks; how would a single with no airplay behind it fare for them? They weren't afraid that Freedom was going to miss the top ten or top twenty - they were afraid to miss the top 75. That's how bad things had gotten for them.

They didn't shelf future releases without any reason.

+Quote this post
rowork
post 14th February 2018, 04:09 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 42,680

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 11 2018, 06:00 PM) *
Exactly - radio and public support basically dwindled. People forget that Wear My Kiss reached the top five on airplay, but could only stay in the top 75 for six weeks; how would a single with no airplay behind it fare for them? They weren't afraid that Freedom was going to miss the top ten or top twenty - they were afraid to miss the top 75. That's how bad things had gotten for them.

They didn't shelf future releases without any reason.

This puts their disastrous situation into perspective. Radio really did get behind Wear My Kiss - even more so than About A Girl, which only went Top 15. But that still wasn't enough to secure a 'proper' hit. However, I still think they gave up on Sweet 7 prematurely. Another Top 10/20 with a 4th single was more likely than abandoning the campaign, and starting fresh. It was too late by that point.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 14th February 2018, 04:22 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(rowork @ Feb 14 2018, 05:09 PM) *
This puts their disastrous situation into perspective. Radio really did get behind Wear My Kiss - even more so than About A Girl, which only went Top 15. But that still wasn't enough to secure a 'proper' hit. However, I still think they gave up on Sweet 7 prematurely. Another Top 10/20 with a 4th single was more likely than abandoning the campaign, and starting fresh. It was too late by that point.

I don't think a next single from Sweet 7 would've gone top 20 or even top 40. Sweet 7 flopping badly meant bad press and Radio One possibly not supporting the next single (which they didn't anyway), plus they wouldn't have the advantage of first-week sales, but they would be spread out randomly over the weeks.

Flatline managed to get to 50 with no radio support, but one big performance plus some critic and fan support. Had they concentrated that release better (ie sales not spread out over two seperate weeks) they might've, at a push gone to the lower top 30. 4.0 didn't have radio support for Freedom or any real fan support or support from critics. Their performances were so spread out over the weeks so it's hard to know if any of those would've had any significant impact.

+Quote this post
rowork
post 16th February 2018, 05:27 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 42,680

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 14 2018, 04:22 PM) *
I don't think a next single from Sweet 7 would've gone top 20 or even top 40. Sweet 7 flopping badly meant bad press and Radio One possibly not supporting the next single (which they didn't anyway), plus they wouldn't have the advantage of first-week sales, but they would be spread out randomly over the weeks.

Flatline managed to get to 50 with no radio support, but one big performance plus some critic and fan support. Had they concentrated that release better (ie sales not spread out over two seperate weeks) they might've, at a push gone to the lower top 30. 4.0 didn't have radio support for Freedom or any real fan support or support from critics. Their performances were so spread out over the weeks so it's hard to know if any of those would've had any significant impact.

Yep, I completely forgot the advantage that AAG/WMK had as 'lead' singles.

The Flatline release makes me so angry! Such a poorly managed release.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 18th February 2018, 06:56 AM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

QUOTE(rowork @ Feb 8 2018, 01:53 PM) *

Oh my gosh, I hope we get to hear it. I have been waiting so long for this!

+Quote this post
tommie
post 18th February 2018, 07:02 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Tombo @ Feb 18 2018, 07:56 AM) *
Oh my gosh, I hope we get to hear it. I have been waiting so long for this!

Considering she hasn't uploaded it or her own tracks makes me think she blubbed up by blabbing about potentially leaking them on Twitter. There's a decent chance that producers and her former management got in contact with her.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 18th February 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

QUOTE(tommie @ Feb 18 2018, 07:02 AM) *
Considering she hasn't uploaded it or her own tracks makes me think she blubbed up by blabbing about potentially leaking them on Twitter. There's a decent chance that producers and her former management got in contact with her.

Damn it, that sucks then. We have been waiting long enough to hear it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th February 2018, 11:23 AM
Post #50
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

They probably weren't any good anyway

+Quote this post