BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Welcome To New Inc., general chat | Don’t Blame Me taking off on streaming!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
...ready for it
post 20th November 2021, 08:09 PM
Post #181
Group icon
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Pronouns: she/her
User: 1,454

I was watching You earlier and at the end of S3 E10, I heard exile playing. wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 21st November 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #182
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Didn’t know where else to post this but does anyone else feel it’s possible once every albums been re released she’ll remove the originals from streaming and only keep the re releases? It feels a bit premature to do it now because we still have four re releases to go but I have a hunch once she owns every album of hers she could chose to get rid of the ones she doesn’t own? I think I read something about some radio stations too only playing the re releases as well.

+Quote this post
London
post 21st November 2021, 11:56 PM
Post #183
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

QUOTE(Jord @ Nov 21 2021, 11:22 PM) *
Didn’t know where else to post this but does anyone else feel it’s possible once every albums been re released she’ll remove the originals from streaming and only keep the re releases? It feels a bit premature to do it now because we still have four re releases to go but I have a hunch once she owns every album of hers she could chose to get rid of the ones she doesn’t own? I think I read something about some radio stations too only playing the re releases as well.

I think she’d want to do that but I don’t think she’ll have the power to do that. I think it really depends on whether her old record label want to and I doubt they’ll remove them. I also read somewhere that some radio stations are refusing to change to the rerecordings. I’ll look into it though because I don’t know enough about all this

This post has been edited by London: 21st November 2021, 11:56 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 22nd November 2021, 12:02 AM
Post #184
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(London @ Nov 21 2021, 11:56 PM) *
I think she’d want to do that but I don’t think she’ll have the power to do that. I think it really depends on whether her old record label want to and I doubt they’ll remove them. I also read somewhere that some radio stations are refusing to change to the rerecordings. I’ll look into it though because I don’t know enough about all this

Yes! Please do smile.gif

I’ve seen things on Twitter but don’t know what’s confirmed and what’s not. I definitely feel it’s something Taylor herself would want to do and she’s such a powerful force I could see it happening but only when the final re-release has happened.

I myself am only listening to the re recorded versions of Fearless and Red now and will switch to the re releases of the other albums once they’re out there too. I know some fans may feel too attached emotionally to the OG versions though.

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd November 2021, 12:13 AM
Post #185
Group icon
London Boy

Good man biggrin.gif We for sure want to listen to the new re-recordings only as they come up. I think the majority of fans will only be listening to the new recordings out of loyalty to Taylor. I’d love the old versions to go but Scooter Braun paid a lot of money for the masters of the first 6 albums and he and Taylor aren’t exactly on good terms. Despite her power and tenacity, I can only imagine the old versions being made obsolete if they are making virtually no money. It will be an interesting time. I’m really intrigued to see if the re-recordings get streamed the most over time. And I mean get the majority of streams.

This post has been edited by London: 22nd November 2021, 12:14 AM

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd November 2021, 12:23 AM
Post #186
Group icon
London Boy

This is quite an interesting article about how the two versions of Fearless have been streamed since the re-recording. It seems that Taylor’s version of Fearless has merely struck a blow to Scooter Braun and the original recording. I think that would suggest that as long as people are streaming the original version still, Taylor will find it very difficult to remove. Honestly though, I don’t think it is about money for Taylor - it’s about pride and that fact that she can say she fully owns the masters of the songs she wrote (Even if it meant she had to re-record them all). And so perhaps she won’t be bothered about the original still being out there.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-ne...ms-1182567/amp/

This post has been edited by London: 22nd November 2021, 12:36 AM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 22nd November 2021, 12:26 AM
Post #187
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(London @ Nov 22 2021, 12:13 AM) *
Good man biggrin.gif We for sure want to listen to the new re-recordings only as they come up. I think the majority of fans will only be listening to the new recordings out of loyalty to Taylor. I’d love the old versions to go but Scooter Braun paid a lot of money for the masters of the first 6 albums and he and Taylor aren’t exactly on good terms. Despite her power and tenacity, I can only imagine the old versions being made obsolete if they are making virtually no money. It will be an interesting time. I’m really intrigued to see if the re-recordings get streamed the most over time. And I mean get the majority of streams.

I think for the re-recordings to get majority of streams maybe playlisting may have to put the re-recorded tracks on playlists if they haven’t already. Don’t know too much on that side of streaming as I never listen to music via playlists unless it’s a Friday and I’m giving new releases a listen. Will be interesting over time.

In the UK she’s always charting with 1989 from her material she doesn’t own yet. I did notice the Fearless re-release charted again this week though which was a nice surprise. I think Reds re-release UK wise will hold up pretty well chart wise against the original and I imagine her debut and Speak Now definitely will as they were kinda under the radar releases in the UK compared to her back catalogue it’s 1989 where the original may still be around as it’s such a streaming force but hopefully the re releases all take over! We can dream.

This post has been edited by Jord: 22nd November 2021, 12:26 AM

+Quote this post
London
post 22nd November 2021, 12:43 AM
Post #188
Group icon
London Boy

I think you make some interesting points there. Fearless charted inside the top 100 for 64 weeks While Taylor Swift and speak now only charted for 3 weeks and 9 weeks. As you pointed out, 1989 is still charting and has been for 225 weeks. It will be interesting to see which of the recordings are more successful with regards to streaming of the re-recording versus streaming of the original and if this is matched to the originals popularity.

But ultimately, as you’ve mentioned, Playlists and the like will determine the re-recordings fates because the general public are likely to stream the first available version/what’s most convenient. They aren’t going to worry about whether or not it is Taylor’s version.

This post has been edited by London: 22nd November 2021, 12:48 AM

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 24th November 2021, 03:40 PM
Post #189
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Why are people clowning on my timeline thinking something called Seashore is coming out this Friday and is the 3rd part of the folkmore trilogy 😭 imagine lol if this actually turns out to be true

+Quote this post
London
post 24th November 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #190
Group icon
London Boy

QUOTE(UltraSourRed @ Nov 24 2021, 03:40 PM) *
Why are people clowning on my timeline thinking something called Seashore is coming out this Friday and is the 3rd part of the folkmore trilogy 😭 imagine lol if this actually turns out to be true

That would insane laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 24th December 2021, 03:30 AM
Post #191
Group icon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/tr...f911_story.html

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 24th December 2021, 03:31 AM
Post #192
Group icon

QUOTE(UltraSourRed @ Nov 24 2021, 10:40 AM) *

I wish that would have been true!

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 30th December 2021, 10:48 AM
Post #193
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

I've seen loads of people saying something is going to happen to do with Speak Now or 1989 either tomorrow or New Year's Day, as the release dates for those albums have been changed to January 1st on Spotify & Apple Music (and there's a few other little things people are picking up on). Probably just people clowning again but thought I'd mention it in case anything does happen kink.gif

This post has been edited by Lunar: 30th December 2021, 10:50 AM

+Quote this post
London
post 30th December 2021, 11:37 AM
Post #194
Group icon
London Boy

QUOTE(Lunar @ Dec 30 2021, 10:48 AM) *
I've seen loads of people saying something is going to happen to do with Speak Now or 1989 either tomorrow or New Year's Day, as the release dates for those albums have been changed to January 1st on Spotify & Apple Music (and there's a few other little things people are picking up on). Probably just people clowning again but thought I'd mention it in case anything does happen kink.gif

I’ve been looking at Spotify and Apple Music and can’t work this out. Also been researching but haven’t found anything yet.

What I did find out on my search though:
Taylor is the number one most streamed female artist globally in 2021.
And she was the first artist to have three albums sell over 1 million units in the us in 2021 (Evermore, Red TV & Fearless TV).

Would be Uber exciting if this is true though. But I’m still listening to Red so I hope it’s an announcement for a spring release!! Lol

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 30th December 2021, 01:27 PM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

QUOTE(London @ Dec 30 2021, 11:37 AM) *
I’ve been looking at Spotify and Apple Music and can’t work this out. Also been researching but haven’t found anything yet.

basically if you scroll down to the bottom it shows January 1st instead of the date it actually came out. seems too weird for a coincidence but I *definitely* can't see 1989 and Speak Now both dropping within days like some people on my tl are speculating laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lunar: 30th December 2021, 01:34 PM

+Quote this post
London
post 30th December 2021, 02:49 PM
Post #196
Group icon
London Boy

QUOTE(Lunar @ Dec 30 2021, 01:27 PM) *
basically if you scroll down to the bottom it shows January 1st instead of the date it actually came out. seems too weird for a coincidence but I *definitely* can't see 1989 and Speak Now both dropping within days like some people on my tl are speculating laugh.gif

Okay that’s really weird. It can’t be a glitch on both sites?? She’s always doing this kind of crazy s**t. Love how she toys with us laugh.gif
I also can’t imagine them both being released the same week? That’s just too mental right? Would she be going for a new kind of record. Idk lol. I go back to work Taylor and it’s a busy first week. I don’t have time for two new releases in my life!!

I think if anything it will be an announcement for the release of both albums?

This post has been edited by London: 30th December 2021, 02:50 PM

+Quote this post
London
post 30th December 2021, 02:51 PM
Post #197
Group icon
London Boy

I’m still addicted to Red so this is most untimely w00t.gif

+Quote this post
...ready for it
post 6th January 2022, 05:38 PM
Post #198
Group icon

Ben Affleck's daughters couldn't speak: https://people.com/parents/ben-affleck-daug...g-taylor-swift/

+Quote this post
London
post 9th January 2022, 10:18 AM
Post #199
Group icon
London Boy

Taylor has broken Shania Twain’s record for the most weeks for a female artist to spend at #1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart.

Taylor is now @ 98 weeks (Red is on its 7th week @ #1).

This is what Shania said about it:
Let’s Go Girls!!!! Proud of you @taylorswift13. Historical records are meant to be made and then broken. The baton is meant to be passed on to new generations. Unstoppable young female country artists are 🔥 inspite of the hurdles ✊ #trailblazers

heart.gif

+Quote this post
London
post 25th January 2022, 08:39 PM
Post #200
Group icon
London Boy

Thanks to Joseph for our wonderful new ‘Red’ banner heart.gif Because everything looks better in red…

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:19 PM