BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Thank You Video
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
truly talented
post Jun 16 2015, 08:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 16 2015, 09:38 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
My thoughts.

Beautifully shot video which really goes with the song and sets Will apart from many other artists. The viisual even makes Michelle's vocal more bearable for me. Having said that I think it's too arty to do anything for album sales and can only see it appealing to a niche market. I do hope I'm wrong.

+Quote this post
munchkin
post Jun 16 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 127
This is still not one of my favourites but the video is something else. He doesn't do things by half does he heart.gif

+Quote this post
Sunday
post Jun 16 2015, 03:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 91
I would have liked the video if not for the swearing at the end. But the song just goes nowhere. There does not seem to be any buzz around the video on his twitter or Facebook accounts ( he had more likes and retweets in the same period of time for a picture he posted) its a shame because there are far better songs on the album. I just hope it gets more interest from the general public.

+Quote this post
ros
post Jun 16 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
QUOTE(Sunday @ Jun 16 2015, 04:04 PM) *
I would have liked the video if not for the swearing at the end. But the song just goes nowhere. There does not seem to be any buzz around the video on his twitter or Facebook accounts ( he had more likes and retweets in the same period of time for a picture he posted) its a shame because there are far better songs on the album. I just hope it gets more interest from the general public.

I don't feel much buzz about it myself to be honest. I can acknowledge the video as a lovely piece of artistry but I just don't feel the song particularly, I can't identify with the emotions of it, maybe I'm not meant to. I'm just thinking it's a song that means a lot to him and he wants to have it heard hence making it a single and having a nice video promoting it, so am trying to respect that, but in commercial terms I just don't see it fitting the bill.

+Quote this post
Dianne
post Jun 16 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 454
I sort of feel the same as you re the Video, it's very arty and beautifully shot and it's something Will really wanted to do with this song in mind, but I still think it's the wrong song to bring out for the second single. I can only listen to it a couple of times. I much prefer the re-mix-that's a bit more lively smile.gif

+Quote this post
suggy
post Jun 16 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 85
Thank You is actually in my top three songs on the album and the video is excellent, I love the song even more now. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 17 2015, 07:45 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
You can fly the flag for it in here suggy. smile.gif

+Quote this post
suggy
post Jun 17 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 85
QUOTE(truly talented @ Jun 17 2015, 08:45 AM) *
You can fly the flag for it in here suggy. smile.gif

No Problem TT. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
ros
post Jun 17 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
QUOTE(suggy @ Jun 17 2015, 12:58 PM) *
No Problem TT. cheer.gif

yahoo.gif Like it suggy!

+Quote this post
munchkin
post Jun 18 2015, 11:47 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 127
tongue.gif

Will has put up some more stills: Scroll down past the tour dates.

https://www.facebook.com/willyoung

This post has been edited by munchkin: Jun 18 2015, 11:48 AM

+Quote this post
Sunday
post Jun 18 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 91
After all my moaning for weeks the video has really made the song grow on me especially the female vocal heart.gif ( and i usually hate wailing)

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 19 2015, 06:23 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The video certainly enhances the song.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Jun 21 2015, 03:16 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
The video is good and today the song clicked with me in a massive way. It's so intense, so strong, so powerful. I can see it becoming one of my fav songs.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 21 2015, 09:26 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pop corker.

Will Young releases new single Thank You July 24 (Watch Official Video)
Young's onto another winner with his latest single 'Thank You', out July 24.

Happy days for Will Young. The singer songwriter released his sixth studio album just a few weeks ago, with much success. 85% Proof, beat the Vaccines to the number one in the week of its release, so much much excitement in the Young camp.

Embarking on a 22-date tour later this year Young’s continuing his album campaign with the announcement of the arousing track ‘Thank You’ as his second single. The video, shot at London’s Porchester Baths and directed by Nick Bartleet (Rebecca Ferguson, Lawson, The Vamps), premiered Wednesday on the singer’s Youtube channel.

Thank You is emotionally very well captured, visually as lyrically, giving us plenty of reason to believe Thank You is set to be another glorified and successful piece of work in Will Young’s already impressive career to date. Thank you , Will Young!

For remix lovers out there, French producer Fred Falke also provided a remix for the track, which you can listen to here.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 21 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pop corker.

Will Young releases new single Thank You July 24 (Watch Official Video)
Young's onto another winner with his latest single 'Thank You', out July 24.

Happy days for Will Young. The singer songwriter released his sixth studio album just a few weeks ago, with much success. 85% Proof, beat the Vaccines to the number one in the week of its release, so much much excitement in the Young camp.

Embarking on a 22-date tour later this year Young’s continuing his album campaign with the announcement of the arousing track ‘Thank You’ as his second single. The video, shot at London’s Porchester Baths and directed by Nick Bartleet (Rebecca Ferguson, Lawson, The Vamps), premiered Wednesday on the singer’s Youtube channel.

Thank You is emotionally very well captured, visually as lyrically, giving us plenty of reason to believe Thank You is set to be another glorified and successful piece of work in Will Young’s already impressive career to date. Thank you , Will Young!

For remix lovers out there, French producer Fred Falke also provided a remix for the track, which you can listen to here.

https://popcorker.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/...official-video/

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Jun 21 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It may be just a small station but it's a start.

Thank You single of the week.

http://www.three.fm/music/playlists/3fm-playlist-353477/

Graham Norton has also played it 3 weeks in a row. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:04 AM