BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Quitting Watching a Series
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post 28th June 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Walking Dead is ridiculous and just goes ooon and ooon. The zombies would have rotted by mow or died of starvation. Oops. Ridiculous show that should have ended yeaars ago. It has no ending as it is produced just to be produced.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 28th June 2018, 03:33 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
I have a lot of shows on hold that I am intending to get back round to, but my too watch list is just massive so it can take a while for me to catch back up. I don’t mind so much as it means I can have a good binge to play catch up and I enjoy that.

I ditch shows an episode or two in all the time. Sometimes I’ll give it 5 episodes before I decide. I don’t really count that as quitting as I’m not really committing to it at all. A recent example is NCIS New Orleans. I tried but I just didn’t click for me.

The only show I’ve been into and then deliberately made a choice to abandon is Glee. Like Jay it was a chunk of the way through season 3. The move to Sky wasn’t an issue for me, but the show just became absurd. The whole Quinn in a wheelchair story was what broke me. I haven’t seen a single episode since

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 1st July 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #23
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(JosephAvery @ Jun 27 2018, 09:30 PM) *
It's not often that I'll totally give up with something and make a conscious choice not to watch again. I did however do this with Hollyoaks around 2 years ago - I just wasn't enjoying it and I figured I could do something better at that time every night. Not looked back since.

I've drifted away from shows before though. It wasn't an active decision but for whatever reason, I ended up falling behind and never catching back up, like Waterloo Road near the end, or more recently, Riverdale. I've not ruled out more Riverdale at some point but I'm not motivated to watch the last few episodes really.

And there's the inbetween - 13 Reasons Why falls slap bang in the middle. I never intended to stop watching, I got about 4 episodes in and drifted away, but I've got absolutely no intention of returning now. I struggled with the concept ultimately and I don't really want to spend my time watching it.

Otherwise I'll generally stick with a show though, I rarely commit to shows that I'm not totally invested in anyway but even if a show ends up past its peak a few series in, there's generally SOMETHING to keep me watching!

Have you seen Hollyoaks recently? You should try it again tbh, it’s actually really good at the moment and much better than the awful 2015-17 biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 9th July 2018, 10:01 PM
Post #24
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
I usually stick with everything I watch until they end or get cancelled. I think the only two series I've ever actually quit are The Vampire Diaries and Once Upon a Time, both at Season 5, the writing got so poor that I just couldn't get myself to watch them. I have put a few other series on hold, such as Fear the Walking Dead, that I may or may not continue watching, depending on the public's reception of future seasons.

This post has been edited by ♡ Heezus Froot ♡: 9th July 2018, 10:02 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post 10th July 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
My list just gets longer and longer and longer. I ''quit'' watching loads of shows over the years, generally at the end of a season such as Nashville (at the end of S1) which was just so badly written and plotted I had to get out. I've dropped a few mid-season before like Sleepy Hollow (season 3) but a lot of the time it just comes down to TIME.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 10th July 2018, 09:07 AM
Post #26
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
QUOTE(♡ Heezus Froot ♡ @ Jul 9 2018, 11:01 PM) *
I usually stick with everything I watch until they end or get cancelled. I think the only two series I've ever actually quit are The Vampire Diaries and Once Upon a Time, both at Season 5, the writing got so poor that I just couldn't get myself to watch them. I have put a few other series on hold, such as Fear the Walking Dead, that I may or may not continue watching, depending on the public's reception of future seasons.

Oh YES! I forgot all about Once Upon A Time. I did drag myself to the end of S5 on hate watching, but then got duped (again) by a brilliant set up for S6...which they proceeded to ruin within about 45 seconds of the premiere. Once had some really strong ideas but would have been much stronger on 13 episodes a season PLUS casting the Charming's off to sea after the first season.

I've been reliably informed that S7 actually turned things around quite a bit but I can't even drag myself to watch for Lana.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 10th July 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
So we all agree Glee was rubbish??

I stopped Hollyoaks too, gave it a few more chances each time, then stopped for good.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 20th September 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #28
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Just seen reports that they’re looking to expand The Walking Dead even further with multiple series and even movies. I’ve watched up until the end of Season 7, not seen anything of Fear the Walking Dead and I think it’s time for me to say...

+Quote this post
Esmerelda
post 20th September 2018, 05:13 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 294
Once I've started watching a series i usually feel obligated to finish it. For that reason, I have banned myself from starting to watch anything with 22+ episodes a year- too much of a commitment!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:32 AM