BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> One Love Manchester, Sunday at 7pm on BBC One / Ariana, Katy, Miley, Coldplay and more...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mack.
post 4th June 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #221
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Usher must have pulled out? What? No confirmation seriously. Did he?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 4th June 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #222
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

Ariana has the number 1 song and album!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th June 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #223
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Mack @ Jun 4 2017, 10:29 PM) *
Usher must have pulled out? What? No confirmation seriously. Did he?

Or he got bumped for Liam Gallagher.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th June 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #224
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

British Red Cross has said it has raised £2.35m during the gig. Not sure where GMA got $9m from unless the pound had a sudden rally today against the US dollar.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th June 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #225
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

What a brilliant show. I will admit that Somewhere Over The Rainbow really got me at the end.

Great seeing so many acts come out at such short notice and I'm sure there would have been many more too if people were not tied up in other commitments. What a brilliant way to say FU to terrorism.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 4th June 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #226
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Ariana's hoodie, and other #OneLoveManchester merch is available here: https://uk.onelovemanchestershop.com

All proceeds going to the victims fund

wub.gif

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 4th June 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #227
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

Ariana is such a talented, beautiful and inspiring young woman! wub.gif

Well done to everyone involved for organising such a fantastic tribute to the victims, survivors and families heart.gif

+Quote this post
GTH
post 4th June 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #228
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597

Was such a fantastic concert. Everyone involved did a fantastic job tonight.

Got rather ready when Ariana was singing with the school choir.

Perfect two songs to close the show with. Ariana will have definitely earned a whole new legion of fans after tonight.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 4th June 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #229
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

I can't heep enough praise on Ariana. The way she has acted since that awful night has been nothing short of amazing - from her dignified first response, to sorting this show in such a short time period, to visiting the kids in hospital, to coming out and performing the way she did tonight. What an absolute inspiration.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th June 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #230
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Definitely buying a t-shirt wub.gif

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 4th June 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #231
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

Wow, what an incredibly special night. I think I've been in a daze for the last hour or so. The sheer scale of this event, the huge support funds continuing to be raised, the tributes to the victims, the diverse range of acts supporting the cause, the songs, the loud singalongs, the unique moments of defiant unity amongst the crowd and performers... and all organised and achieved less than a fortnight after what was such a paralysing atrocity targeting innocent young people and aimed at destroying our freedoms.

It all hits especially close to home right now following the horrendous attacks in the capital just last night, which I personally feel very fortunate to have avoided as I was out enjoying myself in a central London bar too at the time. I thankfully didn't witness anything, but there was certainly a palpable fear on the streets as everyone's night out abruptly ended and we suddenly had to wonder how to get home safely. Ariana and everyone who helped make this concert happen should always be commended for it - it's the absolute strongest statement anyone could wish to make in the wake of these attacks. It feels so good for our...'collective soul' to assert and unreservedly celebrate our shared values right now, and on such a global platform. I'm imagining all the families and friends throughout the country watching at home on this Sunday evening after the bleakness of the last couple of weeks, and being comforted and uplifted and inspired. I thought the set-list was so thoughtful too - it had appropriately heartfelt moments honouring the tragic losses of life, catered to both the young crowd and their parents, honoured Manchester's resilience and musical heritage, while also focusing on the carefree escape music provides, and making Ariana and her fans the stars of the show. Just a giant triumph for all involved and something the people of Manchester will always hold dear I'm sure.

Also I can't stop watching this.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th June 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #232
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Would have loved to have seen the One Love gig tonight but I couldn't go because I was in Portugal. Thought it'd be fine to find somewhere playing it live, but no, people asked for it to be turned off in favour of FOOTBALL. f***ing FOOTBALL. So annoyed, I'll have to wait a week to watch it on iPlayer 😩😩😩😩😩

I looked at about 10/20 bars in the centre of Albufeira and not ONE SINGLE f***ING BAR was playing it. They all had TVs, they all had access to be able to broadcast it, they just all chose to put football on 🙄😷💀

This post has been edited by Jack: 4th June 2017, 10:30 PM

+Quote this post
seven.
post 4th June 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #233
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

awesome concert man, left a wreck by One Last Time and Fix You especially don't mind me

Ariana tho what a star, can't give her enough credit for this, all the artists involved really brought it tbh <3 (the Imogen and Liam appearances were a lovely surprise!)

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 4th June 2017, 10:52 PM
Post #234
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

What an amazing night and tribute that was. I'm not usually a fan of Coldplay but the atmosphere they produced during Don't Look Back In Anger might be the most amazing moment of my life. I'm so honoured I got to be there tonight. One Last Time was so emotional.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 4th June 2017, 10:55 PM
Post #235
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

QUOTE(Jack @ Jun 4 2017, 11:29 PM) *
Would have loved to have seen the One Love gig tonight but I couldn't go because I was in Portugal. Thought it'd be fine to find somewhere playing it live, but no, people asked for it to be turned off in favour of FOOTBALL. f***ing FOOTBALL. So annoyed, I'll have to wait a week to watch it on iPlayer 😩😩😩😩😩

I looked at about 10/20 bars in the centre of Albufeira and not ONE SINGLE f***ING BAR was playing it. They all had TVs, they all had access to be able to broadcast it, they just all chose to put football on 🙄😷💀

Hah! Welcome to Portugal when only football and soaps matter laugh.gif
You can find it on youtube, the whole thing was streamed

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 4th June 2017, 11:38 PM
Post #236
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Caught up and the highlights were Miley doing Inspired, One Last Time, Wings and Where Is The Love.

Amazing concert, Ariana is an angel and everyone was on point, no one had a bad performance - Miley's vocals seem to have improved LOADS - even Katy's have!

Got emotional at points, little bits like Miley and Ariana on stage together then Ariana saying ANYTHING. Absolutely beautiful.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 4th June 2017, 11:42 PM
Post #237
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

One of the artists I was surprised not to see there was Jessie J, especially since they're friends and collabed. "Flashlight" would've been epic

+Quote this post
kye
post 4th June 2017, 11:55 PM
Post #238
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

Oh it was absolutely magical from start to end, so emotional right now wub.gif

Ariana makes it so easy to stan for her, doesn't she? Absolute epitome of class, maturity and love tonight.. I am floored by her. Still can't believe that I was actually there, I came home and watched the highlights and it's so surreal.

The crowd was electric, sang along to every song at the top of their voices and braved the crowds in defiance.

I am so proud to be from Manchester <3

+Quote this post
bigwiglaf
post 5th June 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #239
Group icon
pop goes the world...
User: 1,426

One quick query from someone on the left side of the pond here in the US....and a most minor of Robbie Williams fans here....as I've not seen the highlights or watched this as it was streamed, might anyone recall what songs Robbie Williams and Take That might have performed....I don't want this to sound crass or mean in any way....I was just curious....

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th June 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #240
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

QUOTE(bigwiglaf @ Jun 5 2017, 01:43 AM) *
One quick query from someone on the left side of the pond here in the US....and a most minor of Robbie Williams fans here....as I've not seen the highlights or watched this as it was streamed, might anyone recall what songs Robbie Williams and Take That might have performed....I don't want this to sound crass or mean in any way....I was just curious....

Take That sang Shine, Giants and Rule the World, while Robbie sang Strong (changing the lyrics to MAAAANchester we're strong) and Angels!

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:23 PM