BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Inside No 9, Series 6 - 10 May at 9:30pm
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
bipolar angel
post Feb 5 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
anyone else heard about this or seen the advert for it

i'm totally going to be watching

sounds really good
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 5 2014, 09:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Looking forward to this as, from what I heard, it sounds really good, hoping for some good twists! I enjoyed 'Psychoville' anyway so it should be good.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 9 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Didn't disappoint for me! It worked really well considering there was a lot of characters who all had to share the screen time in 30 minutes without anyone having prior knowledge of them beforehand. Liked the twist at the end. It was kind of obvious with hindsight that something like it would happen but I still didn't expect it when I was watching. Weirdly, considering, as I said, that you'd only got to know the characters for 30 mins, I still found it quite haunting of what was going to happen to them and felt sympathy for a few of them.

I would seriously recommend this to anyone and, seriously watch the whole thing.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 26 2015, 10:23 AM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Series 2 returns tonight!

Loved the series last year and so I'm very excited about this. It's an anthology series written by Steve Pemberton and Reece Sheersmith (League of Gentleman and Psychoville), with each episode tells a completely different story but there's normally a dark twist in each episode.

Tonight's episode:

QUOTE(Digital Spy)
On board the sleeper from Paris to Bourg St Maurice, a motley collection of passengers try to get a quiet night's sleep as the train makes its way across France.

But as the sleeping compartment fills up, the chances of that begin to look highly unlikely. In Deuxième Classe, everyone can hear you scream...

It stars Jack Whitehall, Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley from Corrie), Mark Benton and Jessica Gunning.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 7 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Quadruple post but I'm holding out hope that someone watches this because I really do love it! laugh.gif

Great first episode with a perfect ending! I thought all the guest actors really shone as well and they were some great funny moments. The second episode was also great but it was definitely an episode that you have to stick with. I was unsure what it was all going to be about and the purpose of it all other than it was going to show us one day for a different month for 12 years but the ending really paid off and was interesting in how the references throughout all linked in. Sheridan Smith was of course fabulous in it and Steve Pemberton pulls of the camp character really well! It was a beautiful story and what i really do love about the show is that you are fully drawn in to the world and the characters of each episode as if you've been watching a whole series about them. It's particularly impressive to do in episodes like the first one where you are introduced and say goodbye to six different characters in half an hour, but you know the backstory of each of them and they're all fairly developed within short space of time.

The next episode is called 'The Trial of Elizabeth Gadge' and stars David Warner and Sinead Matthews:

Two of England's most notorious and feared witch-finders are summoned by Sir Andrew Pike to the unassuming village of Little Happens in order to try a defenceless old woman. Elizabeth Gadge stands accused of consorting with the Devil, most lewdly and on divers occasions. If she is found guilty, she will burn. It is very definitely the most exciting event in Little Happens since the business of the escaped cow.

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post Apr 8 2015, 03:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494
enjoying it so far.

not sure if i like it as much as the first series, but still good...

+Quote this post
richie
post Apr 9 2015, 02:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
Brilliant stuff - ignored by BAFTA but that's to be expected. Everything brilliant is.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 18 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #8
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Really enjoyed this week's episode after not being so keen on 'The Trial of Elizabeth Gage'. Thought it was very unique with it's set-up of the split-screen webcam/CCTV throughout. It's what I enjoy about the series, they're allowed to experiment with ideas like this. A very dark episode though beyond the bubbly, lively character played excellently by Jame Horrocks.

QUOTE(richie @ Apr 9 2015, 03:47 PM) *
Brilliant stuff - ignored by BAFTA but that's to be expected. Everything brilliant is.

Yeh it's a shame. I guess it's due to the nature of the show - it doesn't really fit into a certain category.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 29 2015, 10:14 PM
Post #9
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Tonight's episode was perhaps my favourite yet!

Truly TERRIFYING at moments but also hilarious! Really, really hope that this gets a third series.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 30 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
I've only seen the last two episodes of this, stumbled upon it by chance after having nothing to do at the time it was on last week, but I'm really loving it. Excellent humour and the twists/surprises at the end of both episodes were excellently done ohmy.gif I jumped at the ending of this weeks, terrifying.

Brb binge watching this

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Apr 30 2015, 11:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
The last episode was f'n hilarious rotf.gif rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 4 2015, 10:47 PM
Post #12
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
This was shown on Gogglebox last week with the perfect reactions! laugh.gif

QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Apr 30 2015, 11:07 PM) *
I've only seen the last two episodes of this, stumbled upon it by chance after having nothing to do at the time it was on last week, but I'm really loving it. Excellent humour and the twists/surprises at the end of both episodes were excellently done ohmy.gif I jumped at the ending of this weeks, terrifying.

Brb binge watching this

Yes Chez wub.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jan 1 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
The Christmas special was very good! As with all the episodes, I was very unsure where it was going and what the purpose for the commentary was. After watching a lot of old Doctor Who episodes, I thought they were brilliant in replicating that feel of a 70s production. The twist really shocked me especially due to revelations that I read about recently about a very similar thing happening in a 1970s/80s film..

Looking forward to Series 3 this year!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 26 2017, 10:34 PM
Post #14
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
HOW DID I NOT KNOW THE NEW SERIES HAD STARTED ALREADY??! sad.gif

(at least it means I have two episodes to watch <3)

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Feb 27 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #15
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
OH so the first episode was actually the Christmas special so there was only one episode I didn't realise had actually already aired.

The Bill was a lot more of a 'traditional' style episode, but once again it was really well written and I never saw the twist coming again! Looking forward to the next four episodes and the different stories and the experiments in telling them!

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Mar 8 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #16
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
The Bill was good, I found last nights a bit too sugary sweet to be honest. The Riddle of the Sphinx was really good too, especially the twist. The right amount of disturbing and gripping entertainment IMO.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Mar 23 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #17
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Another good series but possibly my least fave overall out of the three! Thought the final two episodes in particular were the weakest. I get what they were doing with the shoe one but it just didn't work as well for me because, at the end of the day, it was just a shoe and I don't think the payoff was worth that fascination. This week's episode was enjoyable but perhaps a bit too what we've come to expect from the show. Did like the surprise Peter Kay cameo though and motive!

I think my favourites out of the six were the karaoke one and the Christmas special! Very excited for the fourth series which is currently halfway through filming. Next Tuesday, BBC Two are repeating 'The 12 Days of Christine' was widely acclaimed when airing as part of the second series.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Apr 8 2017, 09:22 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I've just watched the 12 Days of Christine and it was amazing. I don't cry at TV very often at all but I actually found myself welling up a bit.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post Apr 8 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #19
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232
Have finished the third series now...I swear no other show makes me so on edge while watching, I'm just constantly trying to make sense of what twist will come and then when I think I've got it right, they just drop another one laugh.gif

Amazing stuff though, there really isn't enough really edgy dramas like this on television. The Devil of Christmas & The Riddle of the Sphinx in particular were seriously f*cked up and difficult to watch, but equally hard to look away (and the ending to Diddle Diddle Dumpling...mellow.gif), Empty Orchestra stuck out like a sore thumb, tis a credit to the show that they still managed to make it engrossing

I also absolutely love the use of subtle foreshadowing and themes with the mise-en-scene (like the constant shows of red in Private View, the constant references to two in Diddle Diddle Dumpling, music reflecting mood in Empty Orchestra, the crossword hints in The Riddle...), only in retrospect you really come to appreciate these!

This post has been edited by Chez W♀mbat: Apr 8 2017, 10:33 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Dec 29 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
So is this back next week then? I think I just saw an advert for it suggesting it is...

There is a hairdressers or tanning place on my way in to work in Nottingham that is called No.9 and it reminds me of this daily!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:54 PM