BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2017: Week #31, con tu movimiento ganame // + links + writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 1st August 2017, 04:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Double Lana in the top 5 and a first #1 track for Inna this week as Ruleta moves up from silver to gold. With Jax Jones and Khaled still sticking around, this week’s chart sees four present or total #1s within it, a record for this fast-moving chart! Inna continues a good string following a #2 peak for previous 2017 single Gimme Gimme. Elsewhere in the top 5, my BJSC 97 entry from Smallpools ascends to #3. Hoping some of you voters end up liking it too!

There’s some belated new entries this week from the likes of the Vamps, Kesha, Rita Ora and Fifth Harmony with their most recent singles. Despite her new album release, Lana’s only got two charters this week, although she scores her second time this year of having two tracks in the top 5 following Coachella and Lust For Life’s buddy-up back a month or so ago. Lust for Life, the album, is managing for me to be both an instant hit and a slow burner, resulting in less of a singles flood, but possibly more potential for more of those tracks to hit the top spot over the next few months. I have no doubt she’s got at least one in the bag this year, the question is simply which song or songs it will be…

Harris/Minaj, Chelsea Cutler and Sophie Ellis-Bextor ascend into this week’s top 10, Sophie nabbing a surprise second from her latest album era. Quite the turnaround after lead single Come With Us peaked out at #33. I’m not even that much of a Sophie fan but the production on these last two tracks just sparkles. More new entries this week come from rock band Deaf Havana, Brooke Candy, Little Big Town, Foster the People, Tove Lo, LIGHTS and newcomer EZI.

New entries will be getting individual video links and a bit of commentary later on in the week, so check back and that’ll save you having to search them out individually, I’ll update the thread title accordingly when those are done.
For now, the top 40 for this fifth and final week of July:

01 Inna ft. Erick - Ruleta [21-3-2-1]
02 The XX - Seasons Run [9-4-1-2]
03 Smallpools - Million Bucks [22-5-3]
04 Lana Del Rey - Cherry [N]
05 Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky - Groupie Love [23-5]
06 HAIM - Little of Your Love [9-3-6]
07 Calvin Harris ft. Nicki Minaj - Skrt On Me [15-7]
08 Chelsea Cutler - Sixteen [25-8]
09 Clean Bandit ft. Marina and the Diamonds - Disconnect [15-9-9]
10 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Death of Love [30-14-10]
11 Shura - What Happened To Us? [12-11]
12 Smalltown DJs ft. Lisa Lobsinger - Erased the Night [23-X2-14-16-12]
13 Lorde - Perfect Places [18-13-13]
14 Galantis x Misha K - Hunter [31-26-14]
15 Deaf Havana - Happiness [N]
16 BLACKPINK - As If It's Your Last [21-15-6-4-16]
17 Bear's Den - Broken Parable [30-13-7-28-17]
18 SWIMS - AM 2 DM [19-18]
19 Goldfrapp - Faux Suede Drifter [24-19]
20 Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don - Instruction [33-6-1-2-6-20]
21 Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish [23-18-21]
22 Young Summer - Alright [22-16-10-22]
23 AlunaGeorge - Turn Up the Love [31-23]
24 Tove Lo ft. Joe Janiak - Vibes [N]
25 Fifth Harmony ft. Gucci Mane - Down [N]
26 DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts [14-5-2-1-7]
27 TLC - Perfect Girls [27-30-27]
28 Audien ft. Deb's Daughter - Crazy Love [39-X1-28]
29 Sigrid x Gryffin - Don't Kill My Vibe [40-38-29]
30 Kesha - Praying [N]
31 Little Big Town - Lost in California [N]
32 Brooke Candy - Volcano [N]
33 Marlene - Next to Me [36-33]
34 Harper - Bad Luck [35-34]
35 Foster the People - Sit Next to Me [N]
36 LIGHTS - Skydiving [N]
37 EZI - Redemption [N]
38 Rita Ora x Cheat Codes - Your Song [N]
39 Vamps ft. Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night [N]
40 Gemini - Something In Me, Something In You [40-40]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone (3)
Lady Gaga – The Cure (1)
Wale ft. Major Lazer, Dua Lipa + WizKid – My Love (1)
Syn Cole ft. Nevve – Sway (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Little Mix ft. Stormzy – Power (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don – Instruction (1)
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (1)
The XX – Seasons Run (1)
Inna ft. Erick – Ruleta (~)

Where can you see what I’m listening to? My spotify A-List playlist = {click here}

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: 4th August 2017, 05:04 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 1st August 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Hi Jupiter

Inna smashing it here again then, I'm not too fussed myself on this new song but it's got a good beat!

Quite a lot I'm not familiar with here, got a big playlist of songs I'll listen to eventually so have added some tracks from here smile.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 2nd August 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Aug 1 2017, 07:26 PM) *
Hi Jupiter

Inna smashing it here again then, I'm not too fussed myself on this new song but it's got a good beat!

Quite a lot I'm not familiar with here, got a big playlist of songs I'll listen to eventually so have added some tracks from here smile.gif

Ta! Glad to be of service then biggrin.gif sharing is caring wink.gif

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 4th August 2017, 12:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Hi Jupiter!

Nice choice of #1 biggrin.gif

Million Bucks is a decent entry, hope it can give you your first Final appearance!

New Deaf Havana? ohmy.gif Will need to give that a listen!

Great chart biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 4th August 2017, 04:56 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Bit of a delayed week this week as some older tunes drop off leaving others to rise by default. That's the case for this week's topper from Inna that hasn't really picked up any more plays since last week, but still lands a higher total than Seasons Run managed over the last month. It's tight at the top with only a few plays separating this week's top 5, including two Lana tracks extending her string of top 5s this year; Cherry at #4 and Groupie Love at #5 become fittingly her fourth and fifth top 5s of 2017.

Cherry's here:

and is a track that I, along with a lot of us stanned since we first heard it, I think. Lana's little dance moment when performing this live is everything. Here's hoping it gets single treatment at some stage, it's one of the most Lana-commercial moments on the new album that hasn't already been released.

As for this week's other newies:

Second highest goes to rock band Deaf Havana with a third charter from their latest album. The band's one of my top surprise discoveries this year as it's not every rock band that ends up catching me, usually it's only 2 or 3 a year that do it. Happiness becomes already the highest, outpeaking Pretty Low from Feb and St Paul's from June.

Next, another belated new track from Tove Lo, whose album Lady Wood I've been rationing to help differentiate the tracks. A lot of them on first listen have a pretty similar sound, but I've found they stand for themselves better when heard out of album context or order.

Fifth Harmony's Down makes it in this week, having gone around from embarrassingly bad to embarrassingly bad but catchy as trash. Chorus and feature is still unsaveable, but there is charm to the verses and production.

New entry for Kesha after a long while with the anthemic Praying. Not what I expected from her, nor usually the kind of music I would go for, but I have a big soft spot for Kesha after her ordeal the last few years. This is a passionate song with a great video. It's been a slow burner for me as it works best on its own instead of within a playlist.

Skydiving gives LIGHTS another charter for me in what's by far her most successful era with me. The new image is pretty cool, too. LIGHTS has, despite appearances, been around and active for near enough 10 years, with previous tracks by her I've liked including ..And Counting, Same Sea and Running With The Boys.

And finally a bunch of selected newies I don't have a lot to say about; some delayed pop entries that sneak in this week, a few more to the indie side from recent albums, and a pair of complete left-fielders from Brooke Candy and newcomer EZI:

And that's your lot this week folks! Cheers for checking this out and any of your comments or thoughts you might have, likes, hates etc.

+Quote this post
Tombo
post 8th August 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543

Hiya Jupiter

It's interesting how your listening habits have affected how you like a song, I've never really thought of things in that way before.

Great chart this week!

I love Inna, Ineed to check out the new track, it's nice to see her hit the top here!

Nice to see Praying chart, I realy love that song, I am loving her comeback! She has been fab with her output thus far!

09 Clean Bandit ft. Marina and the Diamonds - Disconnect [15-9-9]
20 Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don - Instruction [33-6-1-2-6-20]
21 Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish [23-18-21]
26 DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts [14-5-2-1-7]
30 Kesha - Praying [N]
38 Rita Ora x Cheat Codes - Your Song [N]
39 Vamps ft. Martin Jensen - Middle of the Night [N]

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)