BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Belgium · Eurovision Song Contest 2017, Blanche - City Lights
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
NicM82
post Apr 2 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #41
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 28,265
   No Gallery Pics

I really enjoy this one, I really like the fact that its modern and weird but not so weird that it becomes unpleasant. Her vocal is so unusual, particularly for an ESC entry. 'Rhythm Inside' has some elements in-common, it surprised you. Yes, you wonder what they will do with the staging, but Belgium have created two strong stages in a row now and there are lots of different technical options available - really, they have a blank canvas with this song and that could really be very freeing.

Please everybody, don't write Blanche off yet. Remember, we're in Kyiv this year, not Moscow, all because a woman wailed at the top of her lungs in a frankly weird trouser-suit, they used their lighting and LED cleverly and a digital tree spouted from the ground. It's about a moment, just the moment on the stage, merging a unique song we sit up and take note of and a strong visual. Create a moment and whether it wins or not, it holds up and we will remember it. A lot of people looking at Jamala's NF performance did not say "omg winner!" - hell, a lot of people still do not think "winner" when they see the completed entry in Stockholm. I don't know whether this is going to do well, it's far too early to tell, maybe there will be a backlash and a yearning for simplicity that gives Sweden its seventh win or victory for one of the more straightforward songs. Maybe that's not even the point, it's a Song Contest and this is one of the most interesting songs in the competition for me this year, at the very least we'll get something visually compelling to go along with the song, just like we got with Australia, Bulgaria, Armenia, Austria or Georgia last year.

This post has been edited by NicM82: Apr 2 2017, 11:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 18 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Live performance on The Voice of Belgium. If I remember rightly, Loic performed on this just before he went to Vienna and the staging he had on The Voice turned out to be a very good indicator of what was to happen at Eurovision. Therefore I imagine Belgium will have staging something along these lines:

Quite LQ, but I think it works personally. Lots of people are underwhelmed, I think people expect all sorts of holograms and projections these days - and I wouldn't be surprised it we get some sort of white round object hologram in Kyiv as we have in the video.

I like the new higher vocals for the final chorus, and she is able to portray emotion through her eyes particularly at the end. Her backing vocalists/dancers seem to help her fill the stage too, definitely a good basis to work from in Kyiv!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Apr 19 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #43
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

With every day I get more and more convinced this is going to miss the top 10.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 19 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #44
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Apparently those backing vocalists/dancers and "dance moves" will be in Kyiv but it will be different. Blanche will apparently have a special screen behind her on stage according to someone who translated an RTBF statement.

Still confident this is going top 10, I think it's more of a Bulgaria 2016 than a Croatia 2016 in terms of fan hypes. Initially loved, worry set in during the preview parties and initial staging videos, all turned out perfectly by the live shows and positively surprised in the results. I know Poli wasn't a bookies favourite but the rest applies.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 19 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #45
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(AdamAloud @ Apr 19 2017, 05:36 PM) *
With every day I get more and more convinced this is going to miss the top 10.

this. the more hype and fan approval it gets the more i think it will crash out in 17th place in the final. it's too subtle

+Quote Post
Umi
post Apr 20 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #46
All I See br29
Member No.: 14,659
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Apr 19 2017, 10:49 PM) *
Apparently those backing vocalists/dancers and "dance moves" will be in Kyiv but it will be different. Blanche will apparently have a special screen behind her on stage according to someone who translated an RTBF statement.

Still confident this is going top 10, I think it's more of a Bulgaria 2016 than a Croatia 2016 in terms of fan hypes. Initially loved, worry set in during the preview parties and initial staging videos, all turned out perfectly by the live shows and positively surprised in the results. I know Poli wasn't a bookies favourite but the rest applies.

I don't suppose you could find the RTBF statement for me? I heard what you said about the performance was mistranslated but I've struggled to find the source material.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 20 2017, 02:49 PM
Post #47
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

I've just relayed what I read on ESCForum, not sure if they included a link to where it came from or whether it was just a statement made on TV or Radio but I'll re-read it to see if there was anything.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 20 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It looks like there's two contrasting articles people have read, one where Blanche says the performance will be very similar to The Voice and another where RTBF say that the round object of light will be present. No-one is providing actual links though!

+Quote Post
Hayzayy
post Apr 22 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #49
Who's Daniel btw ?
Member No.: 1,804
   No Gallery Pics

wub.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post May 10 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #50
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

f*** me up blanche! so good

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post May 11 2017, 11:08 AM
Post #51
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Just caught up with Semi 1, this is such a endearingly charming song! So subtle, raw and beautiful. She was 1000% the most nervous but it really added to the performance I think! Please surprise and smash!

+Quote Post
callmeDim
post May 11 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,971

Is she a favourite? Are you kidding?
Well, if you're looking for a crystal clear singer with human qualities and limitations showed off naturally, that's gonna satisfy you, I think.
If you don't wanna see the grown-up girl from Sigma/Birdy 'Find Me' video with Birdy's hoarse trembling voice, then try another country this year. So do I.
Sorry if anyone's been offended.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Jun 6 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #53
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 15,367

What did the Icelandic public give this? It's still at #18 on Spotify! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jun 6 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #54
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

10 points, behind Portugal

Hey Mamma at #26 too :')

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post May 27 2018, 12:01 AM
Post #55
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Blanche has a new single out, titled Wrong Turn.

It’s very good!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:09 AM