BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Melodifestivalen II // Deltävling 1, let the bloodbath commence!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Sep 9 2018, 07:22 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Let's dive straight in shall we with our first 10 Super Melodifestivalen tracks!

01. Dolly Style - Hello Hi

PRECIS: You know how Sugababes fans get the feels when listening to Overload? The same applies here for Eurohoes. If my memory serves me correctly, we have had 2 Molly's, 2 Holly's and 4 Polly's thus far! 'Hello Hi' is the only Dolly Style song to feature the original 3, as Polly 1.0 left soon after Queenah Nah snatched all three of their coloured wigs back in Andra Chansen 2015.

02. Lisa Miskovsky - Why Start A Fire

PRECIS: 2012 is our most represented year in Super Melodifestivalen II and is it no wonder when it includes this beauty. Lisa has been very quite on the music scene since her MF stint, releasing her last album in 2013. One to watch for a 2019 comeback perhaps? Well if Caroline Wennergren can come back after 10 years, anything is possible.

03. Måns Zelmerlöw - Cara Mia

PRECIS: A fresh baby faced Måns' first outing to Melodifestivalen, with a hetero-camp number by the contest's resident Twink Hunter Fredrik Kempe. 'Cara Mia', outrageously, did not win back in 2007, but Mans Sell-me-love would go on to have his moment, more on that another time...

04. Jessica Andersson - Party Voice

PRECIS: JessAn is such a trendsetter, what with bringing the ABBA revival around 6 months before Cher did. This glittery gay anthem was a beacon of hope for the contest's long devoted followers, after a dreadful year led by D*vid L*ndgren and "Fab" Freddie.

05. Loreen - My Heart Is Refusing Me

PRECIS: The song before the song. Remember that Sweden chose BROLLE over this that night. They ain't perfect.

06. Danny Saucedo - Amazing

PRECIS: The eternal bridesmaid of Melodifestivalen. If only he had saved this stonking huge pop tune a year, he could've possibly walked the entire Eurovision on home ground. Ah well, we still get to bask in the entire glory of these 3 minutes whenever the mood so takes us.

07. Nanne Grönvall - Håll Om Mig

PRECIS: The original ROBBED DROTTNING! After pulling in over 160,000 more televotes than the eventual winner back in 2005, Nanne lost out on going to Kyiv thanks to a voting system that favours the jury vote to the televote, I see nothing has changed over the years then. This is the oldest track of the lot, so I hope some people get a true epiphany moment when listening to this for the first time.

08. Janet Leon - Heartstrings

PRECIS: I don't want to talk about Heat 3 of Melodifestivalen 2013. Those were DARK DAYS for us all. Just know that this crashing out in FIFTH PLACE is possibly one of the biggest injustices in human history.

09. Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

PRECIS: Our first winner to appear! His hips, arms and ass may not have won over the European televoters, but they certainly won him fans here on Buzzjack. And we know our twinks. You can find Benjamin these days on Instagram continuing the JUST GET IT OVER WITH AND FUCK ALREADY bromance with former FO&Oer Felix Sandman.

10. Alcazar - Blame It On The Disco

PRECIS: Alcazar are bowing out of the spotlight this year following their 20th anniversary celebrations. This was unfortunately without one last Melodifestivalen appearance in 2018 as they were cut from the line-up last minute. Love or hate them, they are an essential part of the Melodifestivalen story.

---

Votes to me via PM please before 23:59 Saturday 15th September! Voting will be done Eurovision style (do I have to explain that here?, alright then:)

12 Your favourite
01 Your 10th favourite

2 will go direkt till finalen, 3 will go to andra chansen and 5 must leave us. Start voting now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LexC
post Sep 11 2018, 05:43 PM
Post #2
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

Imma say it now - My Heart Is Refusing Me isn’t nearly the song that people think it is.

Hello Hi, however, is a piece of HIGH ART!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 11 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #3
Hello?
Group: Members
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

I adore Amazing (though at the time I was petrified he would beat Euphoria in MelFest and that Loreen would never get her chance) but I reckon he’d have had to drop the dubstep breakdown for the song to work in 2013. It sounded out of place even in 2012. God bless Eurovision’s knack of chasing trends years later laugh.gif

+Quote Post
p a v
post Sep 11 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #4
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(LexC @ Sep 11 2018, 08:43 PM) *
Imma say it now - My Heart Is Refusing Me isn’t nearly the song that people think it is.

gurl

mhirm > euphoria

there i said it

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 11 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

The single/album version or whatever it's called of MHIRM is better but it's still 10/10 pop glory.

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 16 2018, 08:42 AM
Post #6

Results at 7pm, get those last minute votes in please!

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Sep 23 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #7

APOLOGIES for the super lateness of these results, real life very much got in the way this week. Here's the results presented in ultra basic form:

DIREKT TILL FINALEN

JESSICA ANDERSSON - PARTY VOICE
LOREEN - MY HEART IS REFUSING ME
NANNE GRÖNVALL - HÅLL OM MIG

ANDRA CHANSEN

LISA MISKOVSKY - WHY START A FIRE
MÅNS ZELMERLÖW - CARA MIA
ALCAZAR - BLAME IT ON THE DISCO

which means...

06 | 64 | ???
07 | 62 | Dolly Style - Hello Hi
08 | 53 | Danny Saucedo - Amazing (1 12 score)
09 | 53 | Janet Leon - Heartstrings (No 12 scores)
10 | 42 | Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off

Heat 2 coming later tonight!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Sep 23 2018, 06:24 PM
Post #8
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Aside from Party Voice, I declare these results HORRENDOUS

Good things DO NOT come to those who wait

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Sep 23 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #9
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

QUOTE(LexC @ Sep 11 2018, 06:43 PM) *

Loreen I can live with, I would however say the same about Håll Om Mig and I can’t deal with that being sent DTF whilst Janet Leon is paid dust

+Quote Post
RobBot
post Sep 24 2018, 04:14 AM
Post #10
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
Member No.: 7,117

Danny robbed as USUAL.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:19 AM