BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which BRIT Awards performance do you prefer?, 1995 vs. 2015
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Which BRIT Awards performance do you prefer?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
Liam.k.
post Feb 23 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Just for fun - which Madonna BRIT Awards performance is your favourite and why?

Bedtime Story (1995)

Living for Love (2015)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 23 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Fall aside, LFL was a brilliant performance.

+Quote Post
post Feb 23 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,931

Living For Love would have been a huge moment for her commercially if it wasn't for the fall. Fall aside, it was spectacular, but the fall took ALL the attention from the performance.

+Quote Post
howiet1971
post Feb 23 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 19,390
   No Gallery Pics

L4L was a terrible choice for lead single, and so whatever she did at the BRITS, it was never going to have a massive impact on sales - the song is shite - however at least the fall got her some attention... SHOULDA been Ghosttown.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 23 2017, 03:07 PM
Post #5
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(howiet1971 @ Feb 23 2017, 04:04 PM) *
L4L was a terrible choice for lead single, and so whatever she did at the BRITS, it was never going to have a massive impact on sales - the song is shite - however at least the fall got her some attention... SHOULDA been Ghosttown.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 23 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #6
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(Tinasha @ Feb 23 2017, 02:39 PM) *
Living For Love would have been a huge moment for her commercially if it wasn't for the fall. Fall aside, it was spectacular, but the fall took ALL the attention from the performance.

I've always suspected it may have missed the top 40 had it not been for the publicity that brought.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Feb 25 2017, 09:37 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I thought at the time LFL was the best single to lead the album. Radio ignored the track otherwise it would have been a smash. The performance and vocals were so good here , much better than BS.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 25 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #8
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

I don't like what she did with the song for Bedtime Story so going with Living for Love!

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 2 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

'Living for Love', hands down, for me.

The fact I've never been totally on board with 'Bedtime Story' probably plays a big part but, like Bal said, I don't think the new, upbeat production for this performance really works. I could see what they're were trying to do, making a slightly experimental song seem appealing on such a commercial platform, but it just does the opposite of what it intends and the song just falls flat. If anything, they should have made it even more dark and slow. She certainly looks the part and I've got to say the crowd is so much more enthusiastic (although that's more to do with the BRITs itself and the way it's become so much more staged and unnatural and unentaining).

'Living for Love' is set up to be so important. It was hyped all the way through the night and the introduction is just so grand. That perhaps makes the fall even more shocking, because you were on such a high before crashing to a low. I was in shock for the rest of the performance and I imagine a lot of other people will have been too, with the rest busy laughing and rewinding and whatnot, so it felt like no-one was completely focused on the performance itself. I seem to recall it taking forever to finish - as soon as you thought it had, an extended instrumental appeared - and I wanted it to end because you could see how pissed off Madonna was. After it had finished though, I had to commend her courage and determination to see the performance through to the end and I believe that did her a lot of favours. Despite understandably being a bit off, I thought the rest of the performance was good - it had a bit of a plot and stage presence which the other performers didn't really have. The Grammys tops it though as I just love the way she got the crowd clapping along in that.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Jun 19 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #10
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

But looking at that list and seeing those are the only times she’s performed at The BRITS feels so strange.

Imagine Hung Up, Vogue, Like A Prayer, Music or something from ROL era getting a BRITS slot GAH!!

Yeah of those though L4L is the better performance.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:16 PM