BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> JeffCharts Month End Rankings: January 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JeffRayGun
post 2nd February 2017, 03:42 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,488

It's the end of the month, so it's once again time for the top songs of January 2017!

And the winner of the sweepstakes is...

HYMN FOR THE WEEKEND by COLDPLAY!!

This comes after Coldplay's previous bid for #1 back in September 2016 with "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" had been halted by Les Colocs' very own upset. And it comes at the expense of a song that performed far more poorly than I had expected: "Air 'Em Out" by clipping. which I had expected to see take the #1 but wound up at #2. They only have 8 days in the Top 10 to their name, which probably didn't help their case. Though the race was close: only 3 points separate the 2 songs! Coldplay got 262, while clipping. had 259.

Alessia Cara's "Stars" sits comfortably at #3, as her biggest hit by far with 244 points! Men At Work double down on the rest of the Top 5, with "Dr Heckyll and Mr Jive" at #4 and "I Like To" at #5 with 233 and 228 points respectively. Harmonium's "Chanson noire" nabs the #6 spot with a decent 226 points, quite an achievement since the song debuted back in mid-December! Alessia Cara's 2nd hit this month, "How Far I'll Go", hits #7 with 205 points. Zaz's "Sous le ciel de Paris" grabs #8 with 190 points, The Chainsmokers' newest hit manages to grab #9, and Operators' "Cold Light" rounds out the Top 10 with 176 points, tying the #11 song but beating it due to having a longer stay in the charts overall.

In the rest of the Top 25, Kanye West has 3 hits (Gold Digger #14, Diamonds From Sierra Leone Remix ft. Jay-Z at #15, and Waves at #24), while Imagine Dragons has 2 (Bleeding Out at #20 and Tiptoe at #23).

The newcomers in the Top 25 include clipping, Zaz, Operators, Willy William, Cris Cab, Sims, Jamie Foxx, Sturgill Simpson, and S.

Here's the rundown of the Top 25! Click here for the whole chart.
--------
1) Coldplay - Hymn for the Weekend
2) clipping. - Air 'Em Out
3) Alessia Cara - Stars
4) Men At Work - Dr. Heckyll & Mr. Jive
5) Men At Work - I Like To

6) Harmonium - Chanson noire
7) Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
8) Zaz - Sous le ciel de Paris
9) The Chainsmokers - Paris
10) Operators - Cold Light

11) Willy William ft. Cris Cab - Paris
12) Sims - Spinning Away
13) SHIROCK - Still Young
14) Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger
15) Kanye West ft. Jay-Z - Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)
16) Lifehouse - By Your Side
17) Sturgill Simpson - Breakers Roar
18) Matchbox Twenty - If You're Gone
19) S - Tell Me
20) Imagine Dragons - Bleeding Out
21) Styx - Come Sail Away
22) Coldplay - A Head Full Of Dreams
23) Imagine Dragons - Tiptoe
24) Kanye West ft. Chris Brown - Waves
25) Fastball - Out Of My Head

See you next month! tongue.gif
-JeffRayGun