BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Furious 7
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 1st November 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Ahhhhhh can't wait!!!! So sad to know it's Paul Walker's last film though.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 2nd November 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

Well all of the Fast & Furious films from 4 onwards have been dreadful, I'm not expecting big things from this. Though I'm sure someone I know will want to see it, and I'll inevitably go! (I'd love to be proved wrong though)

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th February 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Songs from the soundtrack are starting to be released... getting pumped for this now!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th March 2015, 08:23 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Reviews are starting to come out properly now, many saying it's the best entry in the series.

So so excited.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th March 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really excited for this. The last one was easily the best in the franchise for me and they do seem to be getting better and better as they go along! Intrigued to seeing how they work around Paul Walker, with his brother filling in and stuff.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th March 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 24 2015, 09:40 PM) *
Really excited for this. The last one was easily the best in the franchise for me and they do seem to be getting better and better as they go along! Intrigued to seeing how they work around Paul Walker, with his brother filling in and stuff.

Apparently, apart from the final sequence you cannot tell at all that Paul Walker is not present in some of the films. It's all meant to have been handled incredibly well. Weird how the franchise goes from strength to strength. I hope the continue, although I can understand if the cast don't want to.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 27th March 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon

It's such a fascinating franchise in that it's grown and grown so far into the franchise, where franchises usually die down and this could easily have been a franchise to have just gone "straight to DVD" with Z-List actors instead. But due to them adding intense, thrilling and creative plots, whilst having the same OTT charm of the past films in the franchise, it's not hard to see why it's grown to be such a force!

Just heard 'See You Again' and it's so sad sad.gif I can definitely see that being used as one of the key moments.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th March 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Mar 27 2015, 09:42 PM) *
It's such a fascinating franchise in that it's grown and grown so far into the franchise, where franchises usually die down and this could easily have been a franchise to have just gone "straight to DVD" with Z-List actors instead. But due to them adding intense, thrilling and creative plots, whilst having the same OTT charm of the past films in the franchise, it's not hard to see why it's grown to be such a force!

Just heard 'See You Again' and it's so sad sad.gif I can definitely see that being used as one of the key moments.

I think the multi-racial cast is a big appeal - lots of appeal to different audiences which is great! Plus they do genuinely just try to make great films. You know what you're getting. 86% on Rotten Tomatoes!

I think it's used during the closing montage of Brian Connor 'retiring'.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd April 2015, 02:00 AM
Post #9
Group icon

Just saw this. It was ok, but that's all for me. I know a part of it's charm in the past has been due to the fact it's OTT, but in this one it was just a bit TOO much for me. Just got silly and ridiculous at times and more often than not I wondered whether it was actually called 'Fast & The Expendables'. It was that sort of OTT action. The 6th one in the franchise seemed to have the balance perfect.

In regards to how they dealt with Paul Walker, I really couldn't tell. Although with the ending, you can tell from the emotion of the cast that their emotion was real at this point (unless they were just ridiculously good and talented actors laugh.gif) 'See You Again' was indeed used wonderfully and the montage was so beautifully done/used. Best part of the film for me! He's going to be missed a ridiculous amount.

But yeah the film was back to being "popcorn filler" for me (I've never been a fan until the 5th and 6th). It had it's moments and was 'good' but that's literally it from me.

Now I'm going to play 'See You Again' on repeat and cry myself to sleep!

+Quote this post
richie
post 2nd April 2015, 10:33 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166

I can't stand this sort of film, but I am really impressed at how they've kept this franchise going smile.gif

+Quote this post
Hadji
post 4th April 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386

Just seen it today and I have to say it's absolutely brilliant

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th April 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Yep it's amazing! The rock bottom is amazing!!!!

Such a wonderful tribute as well, not afraid to say I shed a few tears when the montage came up. Just a brilliant, genuine film.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th April 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon

As expected smashed records in the US! $143M+ (MIGHT BE $146M BUT I can't remember laugh.gif)

Top 10 best openings ever I believe!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 5th April 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 5 2015, 05:11 PM) *
As expected smashed records in the US! $143M+ (MIGHT BE $146M BUT I can't remember laugh.gif)

Top 10 best openings ever I believe!

Amazing numbers, I don't think it's unreal to think that it will accumulate $1 billion. Only thing that might stop it is the momentum will swing towards The Avengers 2 very shortly.

Only read this if you've seen the film regarding the inevitable next film but in all the marketing stuff it implies that Deckard Shaw kills his brother. However that's obviously not the case. I take it at some point that the Shaw brothers are going to come together to take down the team.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th April 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Apr 5 2015, 06:19 PM) *
Amazing numbers, I don't think it's unreal to think that it will accumulate $1 billion. Only thing that might stop it is the momentum will swing towards The Avengers 2 very shortly.

Only read this if you've seen the film regarding the inevitable next film but in all the marketing stuff it implies that Deckard Shaw kills his brother. However that's obviously not the case. I take it at some point that the Shaw brothers are going to come together to take down the team.
I agree!

Also $384m at the global box office. 4th biggest ever!

+Quote this post
Latest Entertain
post 7th April 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #16
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,736

Amazing movie of Paul Walker's. It's best movie of the series.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 7th April 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

I'm seeing this tomorrow although I've only seen the first 2 :/ hoping I'll still know what's going on

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 8th April 2015, 09:24 AM
Post #18
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

As expected, it wasn't great. If they didn't have the budget for great effects, it would have been worse. It was just so cheesy and clichéd, that's not what I want in this kind of film.

That said, the use of Paul Walker's brother was seamless (I wouldn't have known if I wasn't told) and the montage at the end was great with the song used being almost perfect. It was a bit better than the last few films, so hopefully the next one builds on that!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 8th April 2015, 05:16 PM
Post #19
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Juranamo @ Apr 8 2015, 10:24 AM) *
As expected, it wasn't great. If they didn't have the budget for great effects, it would have been worse. It was just so cheesy and clichéd, that's not what I want in this kind of film.

That said, the use of Paul Walker's brother was seamless (I wouldn't have known if I wasn't told) and the montage at the end was great with the song used being almost perfect. It was a bit better than the last few films, so hopefully the next one builds on that!

But that's why it's good! The films don't take themselves seriously, and know what they're doing is farfetched in terms on a 'realistic' world. In terms of cheesy, I'd be surprised if anything can top the Dom flying mid-air to save Letty in Fast & Furious 6! I think that's why it's built up a massive fanbase.

Fast Five imo is the best in terms of a cohesive film. I was actually discussing the use of the technology used for Paul Walker. You can only tell in the LA showdown scene where it's quote obvious it's not him through the lack of face shots/lighting, and then the scene at the end in the supra (but how real does he look anyway!?). I was actually reading about scenes that he's not in, and it's crazy to think that you don't even notice!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 9th April 2015, 06:02 AM
Post #20
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Never seen a fast and furious movie ever fully before but I absolutely loved this and I am really glad my friends dragged me to this (after I dragged them to insurgent laugh.gif ) What an amazing movie ohmy.gif
It was so fun, I loved the plots and it really was interesting and so so fun. Also that tribute to Paul was absolutely beyond beauitful heart.gif I cried during that and I also cried during Paul's 1st scene cry.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:38 PM