BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> COMPLETE: Taftys Top 100 Songs of 2023 • COUNTDOWN, Nothing but BOPS! MANJOBEE!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 30th December 2023, 10:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Hi and welcome to my top 100 songs of 2023.

This will be a basic format, but I do hope you enjoy seeing what I have loved through the course of the year. I wasn't going to do this but I thought... fk it. So lets go <3

I'll kick start things now with the songs that MISSED my top 100. In alphabetical order of artist.

Then I'll do my 10 favourite albums/EPs of the year and then I'll kick start the countdown.

Just missed:
Andrew Lambrou - Break A Broken Heart
BLANKA - Solo
Blink-182 - ONE MORE TIME
Caroline Polachek - Welcome To My Island
Doja Cat - f*** the Girls (FTG)
Doja Cat - WYM Freestyle
Dua Lipa - Dance The Night
Kylie Minogue - You Still Get Me High
Miley Cyrus - River
Miley Cyrus - Used To Be Young
Miley Cyrus - Wonder Woman
Nothing But Thieves - Green Eyes :: Sienna
Olivia Rodrigo - all-american bitch
Rêve - CTRL + ALT + DEL
Taylor Acorn & Cassadee Pope - Coma
Taylor Swift - “Slut!”
Taylor Swift - Suburban Legends
Taylor Swift feat. Fall Out Boy - Electric Touch
The Killers - Your Side Of Town
Troye Sivan - What’s The Time Where You Are?
Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 31st December 2023, 01:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Intrigued to see what pops up here Jon happy.gif

Reve, Dua and Blink were all good from those I know from what missed!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 01:08 AM
Post #3
Group icon

Here are my top 10 albums of 2023. Not including Greatest Hits compilations or Re-Recordings coz I feel like they come with a different kind of level of biasedness.

10. KYLIE MINOGUE - TENSION

Highlights: Hold On To Now, Padam Padam, Story, Vegas High, You Still Get Me High

This was a cute little album from Miss Minogue! Fun and camp in the best possible ways. I probably do actually prefer this on the whole to some other albums I have placed above, but I haven't really been back to this much as an album since it's release!

---

09. MILEY CYRUS - ENDLESS SUMMER VACATION

Highlights: Flowers, Island, River, Violet Chemistry & Wonder Woman

I believe this to be the most over hated album of the year... by FAR. It's SO good! It may feel a bit "safe" but I liked that it is essentially THE ultimate Miley album and how it wraps up and kind of pays tribute to every other Miley album in the past. Elements of all of her albums are felt throughout this, imo.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 12:50 PM
Post #4
Group icon

08. TROYE SIVAN - SOMETHING TO GIVE EACH OTHER

Highlights: Got Me Started, Honey, One Of Your Girls, Rush & What's The Time Where You Are?

Always liked this album from Troye, but didn't immediately love it the same way I loved 'Blue Neighbourhood' or 'BLOOM' (or even the 'In A Dream [EP]'). But it just grew and grew and whilst it still doesn't hit the same highs as his previous efforts for me, it's still a great album with a song that is fast approaching to being my favourite Troye song ever... 'LOST BOY' has competition! (More to come in my top 100 songs!)

---

07. DOJA CAT - SCARLET

Highlights: Agora Hills, Attention, Demons, Ouchies & Wet Vagina

The start of this era for Doja started off shaky chart wise for her, but her releases felt like she had something else to prove. Both 'Attention' & 'Demons' whilst not being commercial hits, were released to prove to those who doubted otherwise that she was in her rapper era and she didn't *need* the chart acclaim. Then along came 'Paint The Town Red' which immediately grabbed everyone's attention and became the 2nd biggest rap hit of the year and now we have the exquisite and dreamy 'Agora Hills' becoming a huge hit... Yes. PTTR isn't even top 5 in the album for me!

---

06. TINASHE - BB/ANG3L

Highlights: Gravity, Needs, Tightrope & Treason

It feels weird that I am putting a Tinashe album that I LOVE outside of the top 5... but... IT'S JUST SO DAMN SHORT!!! I really don't understand why it's considered an "album" when really, it's just a glorified EP. Ah well, but it's as magic as a Tinashe project is for me. Can't wait for the rumoured "Part 2" to come later this year!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 01:49 PM
Post #5
Group icon

05. TORI KELLY - TORI [EP]

Highlights: alive if i die, missin' u, shelter & unbelievable (feat. Ayra Starr)

An EP that was treated and promoted as such so my hype levels weren't high! Tori took us all the way back to Y2K R&B-Pop... PERFECTLY with this EP! I really wish it was an album FULL of this kind of music. Every track was perfectly curated and crafted and if it was an album full of this calibre, I do think it'd be in contention for my favourite album of the year...

---

04. AVA MAX - DIAMONDS & DANCEFLOORS

Highlights: Cold As Ice, Dancing's Done, Last Night On Earth, Maybe You're The Problem & One Of Us

We kick started 2023 with an absolute pop GEM! The follow up to Ava's debut album - 'Heaven & Hell' - was a more consistent and focused album. Absolute pop perfection! Not a single dud on this album for me. It's a shame this couldn't go top 10 for her, but at least we were FED!

---

03. NOTHING BUT THIEVES - DEAD CLUB CITY

Highlights: Do You Love Me Yet?, Overcome, Pop The Balloon Tomorrow Is Closed & Welcome To The DCC

After surprising me in the best way with their previous album 'Moral Panic', I had some solid interest in a new era from this band and... they did NOT disappoint. With their most pop effort yet but still quintessentially NBT ALT-Indie-Rock style, this album had me in a chokehold over the summer. Just a great, GREAT album! Conor's voice is incredible and I love how they infused a synth-pop 80's sound with their usual style so flawlessly.

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 1st January 2024, 02:13 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

Looking forward to following this! <3

I love quite a few of the tracks that just missed your countdown (DTN, all-american bitch and the Miley/Taylor Tracks) so sad to see them miss out! Great to see Ava so high up in your albums, completely agree with your commentary there wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 03:44 PM
Post #7
Group icon

02. RÊVE - SATURN RETURN

Highlights: Breaking Up With Jesus, Contemporary Love, Disco At The Strip Club, EX EX EX (Whoops) & Whitney

This album I have literally only listened to for like, the last 2-3 weeks! I saw Liam countdown his top 10 albums of the year and due to us having similar tastes I thought I would check out 3 of the albums that I hadn't heard of or heard good things about. I wasn't even aware this album existed and my GOD is it just pop PERFECTION! I have been obsessed with it ever since and it's taken over my listening quite a bit! Such a great album that I really need more people to take a listen to! Had I had longer for this to settle I think it may eventually overtake my #1...

---

01. KELLY CLARKSON - CHEMISTRY

Highlights: favourite kind of high, lighthouse, me, mine & red flag collector

Ignoring the Taylor re-releases, this is by far my most played album of the year and it's incredible. I'm not a fan of the title track, but every other song on this album hits me. It's her most personal album to date I think and although initially we were all expecting top to bottom scathing post-divorce Clarkson, I actually think this was the smartest choice. The roller-coaster of a relationship and we still got some pretty hot scalding tea and drags from her. Just SO DAMN GOOD. Under appreciated album!

+Quote this post
Brer
post 1st January 2024, 04:01 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Nice to see Tinashe and Doja Cat both on here - the Tinashe one definitely feels more like an EP than an album but still great to hear a more consistent body of work from her again as I've found her fairly hit or miss for years before this point, and I feel like the Doja album is underrated, I actually really like nearly every song on it and think it flows really well as an album with all the bops in the first half and then more low key lyrical focused songs in the second half. I didn't listen to enough albums this year to make anything close to a definitive favourite albums of the year list myself but I think it would rank quite highly for me based on the ones that I did listen to at least!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 06:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon

QUOTE(Lunar @ Jan 1 2024, 02:13 PM) *
Looking forward to following this! <3

I love quite a few of the tracks that just missed your countdown (DTN, all-american bitch and the Miley/Taylor Tracks) so sad to see them miss out! Great to see Ava so high up in your albums, completely agree with your commentary there wub.gif
Thanks! DTN has always felt like a 'Future Nostalgia' cast off to me. I mean, it'd probably be about 7th-9th if it was on that album to me. It's a bop, but I definitely only care for it the most during 'Barbie'. I don't care for it much otherwise (but will bop along if it came on etc..). Ava's album is SOOOO underrated </3 It's still SO GOOD almost a year on.

QUOTE(Brer @ Jan 1 2024, 04:01 PM) *
Nice to see Tinashe and Doja Cat both on here - the Tinashe one definitely feels more like an EP than an album but still great to hear a more consistent body of work from her again as I've found her fairly hit or miss for years before this point, and I feel like the Doja album is underrated, I actually really like nearly every song on it and think it flows really well as an album with all the bops in the first half and then more low key lyrical focused songs in the second half. I didn't listen to enough albums this year to make anything close to a definitive favourite albums of the year list myself but I think it would rank quite highly for me based on the ones that I did listen to at least!
I wasn't going to include Tinashe (or Tori!) but I needed two albums/EP's that I enjoyed enough to make a top 10 out of (as I didn't want to include re-recordings or Greatest Hits). It's also why they're in the middle somewhere because they're great as the mini-projects that they are, but it all feels "incomplete" to me and it's annoying laugh.gif

VERY pleased to see some 'Scarlet' love! It's extremely underrated and I agree with everything you've said about it as an album.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st January 2024, 07:01 PM
Post #10
Group icon

For clarity sake, I have disregarded songs from movies/TV shows that are credited to the cast (so no 'I'm Just Ken' or anything from the 'WONKA' soundtrack for example). I think they're a large part of the movie watching experience so it's hard to rank them amongst general radio hits and other music bops. But songs that were included as part of a soundtrack will be included - BARBIE album mostly)

091. Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red
092. Tori Kelly - cut
093. Taylor Swift - Now That We Don't Talk
094. Ava Max - Get Out Of My Heart
095. Chappell Roan - HOT TO GO!
096. Addison Rae - Nothing On (But The Radio)
097. Rêve - Big Boom
098. Tate McRae - exes
099. Ava Max - Choose Your Fighter
100. Marco Mengoni - Due Vite

At #91 is the huge smash Pain The Town Red released by Doja Cat. I wasn't immediately hooked on to this song to begin with and it actually took me a while to come around to it. I was so infatuated with a couple of others by her that this just felt disappointing to me. But it's an ear worm! Grew a LOT on me. Tori Kelly is up next with a track from her 'tori [EP]' the wonderful cut. This track gives major early 00's Darkchild/UK Garage vibes in the absolute best way possible (the entire EP does tbh - but particularly on this track). At #93 we see the first of a handful of entries by Taylor! The ever catchy Now That We Don't Talk taken from the '1989 (Taylor's Version)' album. It's addictive and really, REALLY creeps up on you. Incredibly short though, but I kind of like that as I think it adds an element to the topic of the song, like it's cutting off short due to no longer talking to them. Ava Max released her 2nd album at the very start of the year and first up for me is the catchy Get Out Of My Heart at #94. A cute and fun bop! Up next is the charismatic Chappell Roan with the wonderful HOT TO GO!. I didn't actually hear Chappell's debut album until a couple of weeks ago (same time as I discovered Rêve's album) and although I liked it, I haven't been back to it yet (hence why it's not top 10 in my albums of the year!) as I've been so infatuated with 'Saturn Return' instead. But this song by Chappell was an INSTANT standout to me!

At #96 we have the catchy and infectious bop by Addison Rae Nothing On (But The Radio). Her EP was solid, but incredibly overrated and over hyped! This (literal) Lady Gaga reject was the immediate highlight though. It's cute! The first of a few entries from new discovery to me Rêve's album 'Saturn Return' and we say hello to Big Boom as the first top 100 entry for her. It's immediately impactful but not my favourite despite being a big BOP! At #98 is the most recent single from Tate McRae, exes. I need more time with this as I do think it could overtake 'greedy' eventually for me, but I just haven't spent enough time with it yet! The first track from the 'BARBIE' album is up next and it's another Ava Max song... Choose Your Fighter is a bop and is positioned well in the movie! It's the one song from the album though that I think doesn't necessarily need the movie exposure the most. Finally at #100 for us is a Eurovision song and, I may be the only person on Buzzjack to add it into my top 100, but it's gorgeous! Italy's entry from Marco Mengoni, Due Vite, is a soaring power ballad and honestly, I am a sucker for those so... BITE ME!

+Quote this post
conorw
post 1st January 2024, 07:49 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 137,667

Hiya! Some good selections in your albums, love seeing Ava in someone else’s top 10! Kelly is also a good #1

From the singles so far, I love paint the town red, exes, now that we don’t talk , choose your fighter and nothing on but the radio! I look forward to seeing this list progrsss!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 2nd January 2024, 12:41 AM
Post #12
Group icon
Rob aah

I do like 'Hot to Go' by Chappell too. She's released some major bops this year in general!

Tate, Ava and Taylor other good tracks from that section Jon!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 2nd January 2024, 12:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

'Now That We Don't Talk' and 'Exes' are my favourites so far. NTWDT was definitely my stand-out from the the 1989 'from the vault' tracks and 'Exes' is another 10/10 single from Tate.

I really enjoyed the Addison Rae EP but 'Nothing On (But The Radio)' wasn't one of my faves. I heard a clip of the unfinished Gaga version and I really like the updates to the production they made for Addison's version.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 2nd January 2024, 01:32 PM
Post #14
Group icon

081. Doja Cat - Wet Vagina
082. Dom Dolla feat. Nelly Furtado - Eat Your Man
083. Doja Cat - Skull And Bones
084. Tori Kelly feat. Jon Bellion - young gun
085. Ava Max - Cold As Ice
086. Charli XCX - Speed Drive
087. The Scarlet Opera - Alive
088. Blu DeTiger feat. Mallrat - Cut Me Down
089. Olivia Rodrigo - bad idea right?
090. Fefe Dobson - HUNGOVER

We have 2 more Doja Cat songs in this section. At #81 is Wet Vagina and #83 is Skull And Bones. Both were immediate highlights for me from the album, especially the former. The title was by far the most intriguing, but it actually goes off pretty hard whilst SAB gives a more chilled/subdued vibe. It's lush! Dom Dolla's dance banger Eat Your Man is sandwiched right in the middle and features Early-mid 00's pop Queen, Nelly Furtado. It's so brash and big, but it's an absolute TUNE! Deserved more than it got, truly! We have another entry from Tori Kelly's fantastic 'tori [EP]'. It's the gorgeous young gun which features Jon Bellion. Their voices are absolutely DIVINE together and although the slowest paced on the EP, the production is still a focal point of the track. Ava Max makes yet another appearance inside the top 100. This time it's with the gloriously dark but fun Cold As Ice. One of those that was an immediate ear worm, but just grows and grows and grows the more you hear it.

The 2nd track from the 'BARBIE' soundtrack is up next at #86. It's Charli XCX's icredibly fun and bonkers Speed Drive. It's so perfectly chaotic and the scene it's used in for the movie is fantastic and a really feel good and just FUN part of the movie! The Scarlet Opera are up next with their wonderfully, operatic, pop/rock ANTHEM Alive. It's just so GRAND and powerful! It really deserved to go viral and become a major hit. Blu DeTiger & Mallrat collaboration Cut Me Down is next at #88. A fun, pop/dance track that feels retro but also surprisingly fresh! A bop. Olivia Rodrigo's first entry in the top 100 is next and it's bad idea right?. It's a fun, tongue-in-cheek pop-rock anthem, but it also grated on me fairly quickly. Still a bop, but this probably would have been much higher had I not gotten so bored of it as quickly as I had. Finally, Fefe Dobson's HUNGOVER makes an appearance at #90 and is a brash and bold BANGER! It just goes all in on the pop/rock sound and absolutely delivers. Fefe further proving she is an underrated gem!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 2nd January 2024, 08:24 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

I quite enjoyed the Tori entry that was sent to BJSC but not heard any more of the EP! Giving 'young gun' a listen now as it's in your list - it's quite understated without too much instrumentation but I think that combined withtheir vocals really adds to the theme of desparation in the lyrics.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 3rd January 2024, 12:27 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Rob aah

Out of that next lot I really enjoy 'Bad idea right?' Olivia has been 3/3 so far this era for singles. 'Alive' was a great BJSC highlight and 'Speed Drive' is fun!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd January 2024, 01:13 AM
Post #17
Group icon

QUOTE(conorw @ Jan 1 2024, 07:49 PM) *
Hiya! Some good selections in your albums, love seeing Ava in someone else’s top 10! Kelly is also a good #1

From the singles so far, I love paint the town red, exes, now that we don’t talk , choose your fighter and nothing on but the radio! I look forward to seeing this list progrsss!
Thank you!

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 2 2024, 12:41 AM) *
I do like 'Hot to Go' by Chappell too. She's released some major bops this year in general!

Tate, Ava and Taylor other good tracks from that section Jon!
Yeah, she's released a handful of bops and it isn't the only entry to make an appearance ohmy.gif

Thanks Rob <3

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Jan 2 2024, 12:34 PM) *
'Now That We Don't Talk' and 'Exes' are my favourites so far. NTWDT was definitely my stand-out from the the 1989 'from the vault' tracks and 'Exes' is another 10/10 single from Tate.

I really enjoyed the Addison Rae EP but 'Nothing On (But The Radio)' wasn't one of my faves. I heard a clip of the unfinished Gaga version and I really like the updates to the production they made for Addison's version.
I grew to appreciate NTWDT more over time. It's a cute bop! 'exes' is growing too and probably would have been higher had I bothered to go out of my way to listen to it more.

I enjoyed the EP too, but I did find it a bit overrated for the most part.

Thank you Lewis.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd January 2024, 01:16 AM
Post #18
Group icon

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 2 2024, 08:24 PM) *
I quite enjoyed the Tori entry that was sent to BJSC but not heard any more of the EP! Giving 'young gun' a listen now as it's in your list - it's quite understated without too much instrumentation but I think that combined withtheir vocals really adds to the theme of desparation in the lyrics.
Ooh! 'shelter' is still to come but tbh I think the entire EP is more or less in this countdown! I was OBSESSED! So I hope you like the ones that are still to come. I love their voices together on 'young gun' and think they should collab more!

Thank you Pete!

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 3 2024, 12:27 AM) *
Out of that next lot I really enjoy 'Bad idea right?' Olivia has been 3/3 so far this era for singles. 'Alive' was a great BJSC highlight and 'Speed Drive' is fun!
Olivia still has one or two more to appear but overall, I'm nowhere near the level of "fan" that I perhaps should be. I wish I liked her more than I do... sad.gif 'GUTS' although I slightly preferred it over 'SOUR' (a seemingly controversial opinion???) I still didn't care for it.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd January 2024, 01:40 AM
Post #19
Group icon

071. Kylie Minogue - Hold On To Now
072. meltear - Tears Tale
073. Nothing But Thieves - Do You Love Me Yet?
074. Olivia Rodrigo - get him back!
075. Ava Max - Diamonds & Dancefloors
076. RAYE - Ice Cream Man.
077. Rêve - EX EX EX (Whoops)
078. Tate McRae - greedy
079. Dua Lipa - Houdini
080. Tyla - Water

Starting us off in the top 80 at #71 is Kylie Minogue's most recent single, Hold On To Now. This was an immediate highlight from the 'Tension' album for me as it goes for that 80's sound but does it in such a euphoric, feel-good way. It's gorgeous! Tears Tale by Japanese duo meltear is up next. A nice bit of punchy heavy rock/metal delivered by two of STARDOM wrestling's most elite performers and 2 of the very best women's wrestlers in the world Tam Nakano & Natsupoi. Nothing But Thieves make an appearance next with the insanely addictive and catchy Do You Love Me Yet?, taken from their fantastic 4th album 'Dead Club City'! I believe this to be their most "radio friendly" from the album along with 'Overcome'. Just so catchy and really f***ing good! Olivia Rodrigo has another entry next with the catchy get him back! which suffered from being the advert for Apple on YouTube music EVERY TIME so I got tired of it quickly, but I do appreciate it still! At #75 is another Ava Max song and this time it's the title track from her 2nd album Diamonds & Dancefloors. Another insanely catchy affair from the album.

RAYE's stunning song Ice Cream Man. is up next at #76. A really harrowing, true story about the industry and RAYE really gets vulnerable and personable on this. Devastating! Another entry from Rêve now and this time it's the supremely catchy EX EX EX (Whoops). I love how tongue-in-cheek this song is! The subject of this song is so fun. Tate McRae's mega smash greedy is next at #78. A song I wish I liked more than I do (and I don't even dislike or hate it!). I just wish I got into it/her more. Speaking of something I should be into more than I actually am... Dua Lipa's main comeback single Houdini is up next. I LOVED this for a week and was over it pretty quickly. It's a bop, but I seem to have the opposite effect to every one else (start off loving her stuff but 90% of the time they all wear thin on me pretty quick!). A shame! Rounding this section off is the monster hit Water by South African artist Tyla. I find this song to be a grower... but a slow grower. I only heard it properly for the first time like 3 months ago and although I haven't gone back to it much, I am getting into it more and more... just very slowly.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 4th January 2024, 01:11 PM
Post #20
Group icon

061. David Archuleta - Afraid To Love
062. Kelly Clarkson feat. Sheila E - that's right
063. Taylor Swift - I Can See You
064. Bow Anderson - Midnight
065. Charley - Worst Taste In Girls
066. Kelly Clarkson - rock hudson
067. SVEA - Dead Man Walking
068. Nothing But Thieves - Tomorrow Is Closed
069. TEYA & SELENA - Who The Hell Is Edgar?
070. Sophie And The Giants & Purple Disco Machine - Paradise

David Archuleta took over my Summer with the incredibly catchy and infectious Afraid To Love. It's extremely underrated and I really think if it was sent to Eurovision by someone it would have fared extremely well! Kelly Clarkson has two entries in this section. First off it's the vibey, dreamy and Summery that's right which features Sheila E. I am a sucker for anything that gives off the vibe that I am on my own remote island somewhere else in the world where I can just have a good time and forget about the "real world". At #63 is one of Taylor Swift's sexiest songs to date and it's taken from the Vault of the re-recorded version of her 'Speak Now' album. I Can See You had people debating whether it was really a song that got left off of that album or whether she just added it to try and chase another hit. It was clearly left off because the theme of the song is COMPLETELY different to the rest of SN! Also... WHO CARES! IT'S AN ABSOLUTE BOP! Bow Anderson's pop gem Midnight is up next. I discovered this via BJSC and became a little obsessed with it for a short while. At #65 we see an artist named Charley give us her banger Worst Taste In Girls. It's gone under the radar but it's an absolute gem.

Kelly's 2nd entry is at #66 and it's rock hudson. The chorus to this really creeps it's way into you! The "sister song" to 'Piece By Piece' with the lyrics "by the way, piece by piece, I found out my hero's me" calling back to her huge hit 'Piece By Piece'. SVEA's anthemic and huge song Dead Man Walking is up next and it's an absolute RIOT! I love a good punchy pop song and this fits that bill perfectly and has now become a Halloween staple for me! Nothing But Thieves are at #68 with their indie song Tomorrow Is Closed. This song feels more in line with their previous material which isn't a bad thing, by any means! It really feels mid-00's indie-rock to me and I love that! TEYA & SELENA's Eurovision entry Who The Hell Is Edgar? is next up and what a BOP! Not only is it a bop, but it's also one of the most cleverly written songs of recent times. Finally, rounding off this section is Sophie and the Giants & Purple Disco Machine's collaboration, Paradise. A disco-pop-dance BOP! I can envision Kylie on this track and it'd be in the top half of 'Tension'. A catchy pop song that should have taken off imo.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:24 AM