BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Kylie's Secret Night, Airs on Channel 4 this December
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 9th November 2019, 01:22 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Fresh from her Glastonbury legends slot triumph and a raft of sold our tour dates throughout the world, the quintessential pop princess Kylie Minogue will cap off a Golden 2019 as the subject of a very special secret night this December on Channel 4.

A must see spectacular, Kylie’s Secret Night, produced by BBC Studios, will allow viewers to celebrate with Kylie like never before. The 90-minute programme, filmed in front of an audience of passionate – and unsuspecting – fans will see a specially invited audience arrive for what they believe is a Kylie themed fan extravaganza hosted by Alan Carr. Little do they know they’re going to be spending a secret evening with the lady herself…

Over the course of the show Kylie will treat her guests to the ultimate thank you through heartfelt and hilarious conversation with Alan, memorable performances, surprise money can’t buy gifts, hidden camera VTs and laugh out loud stunts.

Throughout the episode, we’ll hear from a cross section of Kylie fans who will regale her and the audience with moving, uplifting and heart-warming tales of how she’s touched their lives including inspirational Barnsley music teacher and superfan Simon who runs Kylie music classes for adults with learning difficulties. He got the shock of his life recently when a surprise guest made at an appearance at one of their rehearsals.

Some very special fans will be joining Kylie on the night including a select group of people who’ve been named in homage to her and some very shocked people will also be taking a cab share trip like no other.

Encouraged to do so by Alan and the audience, Kylie will also reveal which of her tracks is her personal favourite and there may well be some surprises of her very own in store too.

And if that’s not enough of a treat then immediately after the show ends, Channel 4 will be showing the UK television premiere of Kylie’s smash hit Golden tour. Packed full of incredible hits, spectacular visuals and fabulous choreography, we’ll see just why she’s the original pop princess.

Kylie Minogue said, “This was such an incredible show. It made me laugh, it made me cry. It was like time stood still and I was able to hear some amazing fan stories, reminisce and really take stock of the journey we’ve been on together. All in all, a wonderful celebration, and a reminder of what a privilege it is to be able to connect with people over time and borders and to inspire me to do it all again!”

Steven Handley, Commissioning Editor for Entertainment at Channel 4 added, “Kylie Minogue is the ultimate pop icon and we couldn’t be more chuffed to be working with her and Alan Carr on what promises to be appointment to view television for fans and viewers alike. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll definitely sing along – there really will be something for everyone.”

Lee Smithurst, Series Editor at BBC Studios said, “We’re delighted to be collaborating with Kylie on what promises to be a must-see extravaganza. The combination of pop music royalty and Alan Carr means Kylie’s Secret Night will be a fantastic night of music and comedy. As well as performing some of her most memorable hits and getting up close and personal with her biggest fans, we’ll also get to see Kylie like never before as she fools unsuspecting members of the public with some entertaining hidden camera pranks.”

Kylie’s Secret Night is a BBC Studios production and was commissioned by Steven Handley, Commissioning Editor for Entertainment at Channel 4. The Executive Producer for BBC Studios is Kat Lennox and the Series Editor is Lee Smithurst. Kylie’s Secret Night will TX later this year on Channel 4.

Channel 4 Press: https://www.channel4.com/press/news/kylie-m...nnel-4-december

Sounds like it'll be great viewing for the fans!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 9th November 2019, 02:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Looks like it could be aired Christmas Day......

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th November 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

And we will also have the BBC one to look forward to,nothing else seems to be announced about air date yet.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 9th November 2019, 05:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The BBC one is the Channel 4 one

BBC productions made Kylies Secret Night.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 9th November 2019, 07:15 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Oh I see, I thought it was seperate, I obviously didn't get selected cry.gif

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 10th November 2019, 01:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Looks like this is set to be on on Xmas Day evening

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th November 2019, 09:09 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Good day to go out, I love good x mas TV, this, gavin and stacey and eastenders, I'm sorted.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th November 2019, 02:31 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 9 2019, 07:15 PM) *
Oh I see, I thought it was seperate, I obviously didn't get selected cry.gif

Me either, did anyone here who applied get any notice or reply back?

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 11th November 2019, 07:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392

No and very disappointed not to have a reply. I put loads of thought and care into my application covering my memories and recollections right from 1988. To hear nothing is poor etiquette from the production team.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 11th November 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I put alot in my application too.
I do agree, it is extremely poor etiquette from the production team not to even give applicants a generic reply that they were not selected.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 11th November 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I literalky threw the iamspamspamamisink at mine as I'm literally a fan since her Charlene days and have followed her the whole way through, I deserved yahoo.gif my place on the show huh.gif

This post has been edited by Feel_The_Fever: 11th November 2019, 11:26 PM

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 12th November 2019, 09:02 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 11 2019, 11:25 PM) *
I literalky threw the iamspamspamamisink at mine as I'm literally a fan since her Charlene days and have followed her the whole way through, I deserved yahoo.gif my place on the show huh.gif

Haha. Well to have a chance at attending these things we have to apply.

Gotta be in it to win it.

I’ll be wailing at the telly though Christmas Day, “I should be there”.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 12th November 2019, 01:33 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Me too but I hope those selected are genuine fans and not fly by fans.

+Quote this post
StickOrTwist
post 12th November 2019, 01:34 PM
Post #14
Group icon
New Entry
User: 72,163

QUOTE(pippa @ Nov 11 2019, 02:31 PM) *
Me either, did anyone here who applied get any notice or reply back?

The production team rang me a few days after I submitted my application. They interviewed me, for over an hour, asking more and more questions.
I had everything crossed, as they seemed really really keen, however, after that phone interview I never heard anything else from them.
Gutted I never got selected....but c'est la vie!!!!
Look forward to seeing the show. I'll try not to watch it, with bitter resentment! Hahahaha!!!!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 12th November 2019, 03:09 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Your application stood out if you got the call so well done on getting that far although i suspect that raised your hopes higher leaving you with more disappointment.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 12th November 2019, 11:33 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(BazzEnergy @ Nov 12 2019, 01:34 PM) *
The production team rang me a few days after I submitted my application. They interviewed me, for over an hour, asking more and more questions.
I had everything crossed, as they seemed really really keen, however, after that phone interview I never heard anything else from them.
Look forward to seeing the show. I'll try not to watch it, with bitter resentment! Hahahaha!!!!

Wow that’s cruel

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th November 2019, 02:17 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(BazzEnergy @ Nov 12 2019, 01:34 PM) *

That is cruel, did you beg for a place or keep it casual?

+Quote this post
StickOrTwist
post 13th November 2019, 09:16 AM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 72,163

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 13 2019, 02:17 AM) *
That is cruel, did you beg for a place or keep it casual?

I kept it casual, told true and genuine stories of how Kylie has affected and impacted my life, for over 30 years. I didn't once beg (maybe I should have! Haha!).
They said they'll be in touch regarding the next round......and then didn't!!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 13th November 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I think if I had got the call I would have given my genuine stories as I sm a genuine long term fan but I prob would have ended up begging and begging them.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 13th November 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Had i received the call. i may have went into a little shock at first as i would be thinking i am getting picked.
When realizing that it may not be the case i would have pleaded to get picked and may have come across desperate.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 05:59 AM