BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Should Kylie Approach Her Music Career?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Oct 29 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #1
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

It's safe to say that our leading lady has not had the best few years in terms of music, the albums have not been selling much and the singles are kinda bombing.
With rumours that she might be looking for a new record label, I wonder what you all think she should do with her career.

Should she take a total break from recording for a while?
Should she lend her voice to some collabs to keep her name out there and create some potential new contacts and fanbase?
What label would help her most?
What sound should she tackle?
What do you all want for Christmas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Oct 29 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #2
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

I really don't think there's a lot she can do now, radio won't play her due to her age. Unless of course she can get a team of people who can find a way to blackmail or bribe radio stations into playlisting her. As for her sound, I'd like an album along the lines of solid strong electro pop like 'Timebomb', 'Break This Heartbreak' and 'Glow', or she could do another Impossible Princess style album as she has nothing to lose any more.

As for the last question, £1million in cash please.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Oct 30 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #3
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

I think some big name collab's like Calvin Harris or David Guetta, or maybe some big name current artist could give her a hit again, and as for her sound maybe she should do an album that's more personal and develop in something maybe a bit more experimental and dancey sound, but whatever she does I'll always buy and instantly love it, it's a shame that KMO didn't sell so well, as it's a decent album and if the right singles were picked such as Les Sex or Sleeping With The Enemy and got proper backing with decent promo and decent music videos, then maybe things would have been different.

It's the same with Aphrodite, they got it right with the first two singles All The Lovers, was a massive success and okay Get Outta My Way didn't do so well, but if the title track got released as the 3rd single then I reckon the era could have rebounded, and for the 4th single could have been one of these choices Closer, Too Much, Looking For An Angel or Cupid Boy.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Oct 30 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

A break may not actually help her...she is at a critical phase in her career. I'd like to see Kylie stay with her pop sound but aim for something more mature sounding rather than the dated RnB style of some of the tracks on kiss me once. She also needs to ditch all this "sex kylie" image thing as it doesn't suit her and is not compatible with her age. She definitely needs to change label - not sure which one like as don't know much about how the different labels work but one who will market and promote her better with a decent release strategy. A new collaboration with Calvin Harris could do her wonders (although I didn't actually like In my arms and think its weak compared to Calvin Harris's other material).

This post has been edited by slowdown73: Oct 30 2014, 12:06 PM

+Quote Post
Regina
post Oct 30 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #5
Raining Shitter

She's not at a critical phase at all, she has little to prove to her critics now. Over 25 years in the business, still getting top 3 albums and top 20 singles, most
other artists would kill for that.
I also fail to see why "sex" Kylie doesn't suit her when she's been pulling it off for ages.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 1 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Kiss Me Once under-performed because it was weak. Everything about the release was half hearted and if i wasnt a fan of Kylie i certainly wouldnt have bought it, les sex and crystalise(even though not on the abum) are the only 2 songs i really like from the era. This makes me think she needs to move to a new label, but like others im not sure what label would suit her best. I do agree to an extent she is at the critical stage of her career, yes she has nothing to prove but im sure Kylie wants more hit singles as much as the fans do. I think a few collaborations would do her no harm at all and could potentially bring her to a new audience. Parlophone simply do not know how to handle single releases or know how to pick singles as they have it got so wrong with her last few albums apart from All The Lovers. Her age, even though she is still a young woman will go against her as radio wont support her which makes it difficult but i firmly believe if Kylie gets her business head back on her again and works with the right people she can certainly make another great album or two, Kiss Me Once is part of my Kylie collection but wont need to worry about getting scratched as its an album that is forgettable, her next album can only be an improvement.

+Quote Post
seejayjee
post Nov 8 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 843
   No Gallery Pics

I wonder if she could do a "Reload" Tom Jones style full of collaborations and try to get some big names on. If not then left-field dancepop please with a balls-out electro stomper as a lead with X-Factor/Graham Norton promotion and a massive up yours to R1.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 8 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #8
Raining Shitter

I'd LOVE a duets album. wub.gif

+Quote Post
HerbieHollywood
post Nov 8 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 12,436
   No Gallery Pics

I think she needs to come back with a new album quickly. Naturally it relies on good material, with credible collabs, but don't build expectations - just put it out. Do a mature-age Beyonce surprise release. Ensure the first single is available immediately, don't force fans to buy the album, get a song back in the top ten - any song - that's the headline she desperately needs. And importantly, act your aga. Ignoring debates about when a woman should or should not start covering up, the 'sex Kylie' thing only gives the media a reason to pounce. Learn from Madonna. There's a classier route to go down.

A break from music will only worsen the inertia that's set in with her fan base.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 8 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I agree that a break from music isn't what she needs. There's a good few years between her album releases anyway (probably too big). I haven't a clue what route of music she should go down but I agree that a change in direction is needed, so I do hope the rumours of a new record deal is true because that's a good place to start.

She needs music that's more mature yet exciting. Looking at what's been said in this thread, strong electro pop sounds good (which leads me to think that a Goldfrapp sound would suit her nicely) and a duets album would be lovely.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 8 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #11
Raining Shitter

She should go for a folky/soft rock/pop sound tbh. Mix it up a bit. Do a Mandy Moore and prove the haters wrong.

+Quote Post
OceanBlue
post Nov 8 2014, 10:43 PM
Post #12
New Entry
Member No.: 15,148
   No Gallery Pics

I don't think a new album is likely anytime soon cos she's so busy touring (and I think tickets are selling so well smile.gif )
Maybe late 2016 for the new album. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Red Blooded Man
post Nov 9 2014, 06:05 AM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 822
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(OceanBlue @ Nov 9 2014, 06:43 AM) *
I don't think a new album is likely anytime soon cos she's so busy touring (and I think tickets are selling so well smile.gif )
Maybe late 2016 for the new album. sad.gif

Actually the German promoter is in financial trouble due to slow ticket sales there. tongue.gif

I think she needs to go back to the strategy of releasing single then a new album a few weeks before Christmas. That's when she will get the most exposure.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 10 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Abbey Roads did very well for her, a possible album in that style in a duet form would work. Personally i thought Flower was sublime and should have been a huge hit, it most certainly was one of Kylie's most beautiful ballad moments.

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Nov 10 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

Flower was a brilliant tune and deserved to do well but unfortunately got no radio play. Its also far more mature than a lot of the stuff on KMO. Kylie's biggest problem is lack of support from radio now.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Nov 10 2014, 01:19 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Kylie when promoting Abbey Roads should have performed when she performed on both X Factor and Strictly. That said, Abbey Roads sold so much more than i ever expected.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM