BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> General Election 2017 - Part 2
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post Jun 2 2017, 02:10 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 2 2017, 11:54 AM) *
We have a new contender for the best answer to a question by a party leader. The NME asked Jeremy Corbyn whether he preferred Blur or Oasis. His answer -

That question would have stymied me, since I didn't follow music in the 90's.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jun 2 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
The Guardian have indeed gone for Labour

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/n...vote-its-labour

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jun 2 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 1 2017, 09:36 PM) *
The Sun (aka Murdoch) likes to back a winner. They were never likely to back a Tory party that was clearly heading for a massive defeat.

Yeh before 1979 The Sun/Formerly Daily Herald supported mainly Labour!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jun 2 2017, 06:20 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 2 2017, 06:08 PM) *

Thank goodness I was wrong lol

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Jun 2 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jun 2 2017, 03:10 PM) *
That question would have stymied me, since I didn't follow music in the 90's.

People born after the 90s are still aware of some classic Oasis and Blur songs so really it wouldn't be an excuse.

It's not like the question is Clock or Cleopatra.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jun 2 2017, 07:19 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Everyone knows and hates Wonderwall. It's one of those tracks that literally everyone has heard. Even deaf and dead people know Wonderwall.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Jun 3 2017, 06:03 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(T Boy in Weeyals @ Jun 2 2017, 08:14 PM) *
People born after the 90s are still aware of some classic Oasis and Blur songs so really it wouldn't be an excuse.

It's not like the question is Clock or Cleopatra.

I know Wonderwall, but I can hardly compare one group against the other by being familiar with just that one.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 3 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #28
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
What did everybody think to Question Time last night?

Both leaders struggled, there were some great questions. I think May will always struggle with her lack of empathy and ability to flex her style to a lot of the general public. Corbyn is really good when he is in control of the situation, but he fluffed a couple of the big questions last night.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Jun 3 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Rooney @ Jun 3 2017, 10:18 AM) *
What did everybody think to Question Time last night?

Both leaders struggled, there were some great questions. I think May will always struggle with her lack of empathy and ability to flex her style to a lot of the general public. Corbyn is really good when he is in control of the situation, but he fluffed a couple of the big questions last night.

Like would he be prepared to defend this country? rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jun 3 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #30
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Oh, you mean when three orcs demanded him to nuke people??

Saying they don't care about the NHS but want to drop a nuke on 'someplace'? Presumably anywhere but here whilst ignoring the fallout and prevailaing winds and environmental damage AND nuclear armaggedon thay follows.

Also, isn't it supposed to be DETERRENCE? It is not sefending the country. One hode nukes fly diplomacy has failed and there i NO reason to kill off the whole planet and retaliate from a dead nation anyway. I mean why? I couldn't push the red button. I would dismantle it, get rid of those bombs too.

The UK is a marginal power and voted for further irrelevance last year. It is on no one's invasion lists.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 3 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #31
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Willy @ Jun 3 2017, 10:43 AM) *
Oh, you mean when three orcs demanded him to nuke people??

Saying they don't care about the NHS but want to drop a nuke on 'someplace'? Presumably anywhere but here whilst ignoring the fallout and prevailaing winds and environmental damage AND nuclear armaggedon thay follows.

Also, isn't it supposed to be DETERRENCE? It is not sefending the country. One hode nukes fly diplomacy has failed and there i NO reason to kill off the whole planet and retaliate from a dead nation anyway. I mean why? I couldn't push the red button. I would dismantle it, get rid of those bombs too.

The UK is a marginal power and voted for further irrelevance last year. It is on no one's invasion lists.

Nobody wants a nuclear war, but it is a symbolism of power.
Imo as the most powerful person in the country you have to be prepared to push the button if it came down to it.
All he had to say was that we would do it, but he didn't.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 3 2017, 10:03 AM
Post #32
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
On the subject of nuclear weapons, I believe that the only answer that I think that politicians should give regarding "the red button" is one of not saying whether they would or would not use them. I know that it is not a popular one with the public, who want certainty when it comes to questions surrounding security from their leaders, but when it comes to dealing with world superpowers, especially ones with nuclear capability, knowing for certain where a leader of a nation stands could be diplomatic dynamite.

As to my own personal opinions on the nuclear deterrent, as a follower of the consistent life ethic I believe that the proliferation of nuclear weapons is disastrous for the world, and would welcome total nuclear disarmament. However, I acknowledge that for worldwide stability, this needs to happen on a multilateral basis, as even just 1 state still holding weapons would lead to the entire world being at their mercy.

Of course, one possible, yet fanciful, alternative that the UK could take, could be that Britain doesn't renew Trident, yet doesn't tell the world that they've done so. Therefore they can keep going with the worldwide bluff that they have the power to launch the weapon, yet without the destructive power to do so, and secretly spend the money they've saved on other things instead.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jun 3 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #33
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
Nobody wants a nuclear war lol.

No.

Theae three men literally SAID they want him to nuke 'someone'. Anyone. They just want him to nuke something.

And that is a GREAT THING!!! Why does a tiny island with a hundred (vs thousands) nukes need them? It doesn't. The UK is no longer a poeer. And what does it say about you and human nature in general to WANT these disgusting things, to melt and incinerate peoplex for pride and a 'show of power'. Absurd.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jun 3 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
And whilst we're on the subject of nuclear weapons, it gives me an excuse to post this clip from Yes Prime Minister again -

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jun 3 2017, 10:06 AM
Post #35
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jun 3 2017, 11:04 AM) *
And whilst we're on the subject of nuclear weapons, it gives me an excuse to post this clip from Yes Prime Minister again -

I love that clip!!

Shows the absurdity of having them. Absolute huge waste of money and resources and strsins the fraying Union's links to Scotland even more. Btw once Scotlsnd votes for independence, further destroying the remnants of UK status, the country will literally be too small even for a hundred nukes.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Jun 3 2017, 10:22 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jun 3 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Good one.

I used to capture clips like this all the time - in fact that's where my nickname derives from : VIDeo CAPture. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 3 2017, 10:26 AM
Post #37
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
The constant hounding of him with the nuclear question really annoyed me, he gave a good answer, he would be constantly working and talking to avoid that eventuality and they continued to bring it up to press him to answer, tha clip from Yes Minister did come to mind. Also 'you met with terrorists', well no shit you have to meet them to negotiate.

May had a fairly good night for her but she still felt insincere and I disliked the way she waved off that question about the 48% with 'oh, I've heard people have changed their minds now and want our country to continue down this foolhardy path how dare you question democracy THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE'. My least favourite thing about this election, when we're repeating an election from two years ago.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Jun 3 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #38
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
The nuclear deterrent seems to be doing a fantastic job at putting off terrorists. Oh wait...

A 20th century problem that we seem incapable of moving on from.

This post has been edited by Doctor Blind: Jun 3 2017, 10:34 AM

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post Jun 3 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #39
Group icon
Paul Hyett
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jun 3 2017, 11:26 AM) *
The constant hounding of him with the nuclear question really annoyed me, he gave a good answer, he would be constantly working and talking to avoid that eventuality and they continued to bring it up to press him to answer,

I see no reason not to pursue him on an issue on which he is vulnerable - after all, surely you wouldn't want the media to go easy on May over say, the 'Dementia' tax...?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jun 3 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #40
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Willy @ Jun 3 2017, 11:06 AM) *
I love that clip!!

Shows the absurdity of having them. Absolute huge waste of money and resources and strsins the fraying Union's links to Scotland even more. Btw once Scotlsnd votes for independence, further destroying the remnants of UK status, the country will literally be too small even for a hundred nukes.

If we get rid of Trident we have to replace it with something else. The cost of running trident is minuscule in the grand scheme of things.

Also Corbyn forgets that Trident is a Labour policy and the Unions support it for good reason - manufacturing jobs.

+Quote this post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:01 PM