BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shania Twain Reminisces About Working With Britney., "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know."
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Aug 30 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #1
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Group: Members
Member No.: 67

Did you know pop princess Britney Spears recorded her 2001 ballad “Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know” inside the home of Shania Twain, the queen of country pop? It’s true, and even her most avid fans were surprised to learn the two powerhouses collaborated on the track from Spears’ Oops!... I Did It Again.

“She was working with my ex-husband in the studio, and I got to say hello while she was in the studio because it was at our home [in Switzerland in 1999]” said Twain, 52, inciting laughs from the audience during Fuse’s recent interview with her at Spotify HQ in New York City. “She was very sweet. It was a great experience just to get to know her on a behind-the-scenes level a little bit. It was obviously an honor to have her record some of my songwriting...Britney did a beautiful job with the song.”

“I love writing for other people,” Twain added. “In fact, when I believed that I was never going to be able to sing again myself [because of vocal injuries caused by Lyme Disease], I was thinking I will get a lot of pleasure writing for other singers and hearing other singers sing the songs that I’ve written.”

Twain, whose 1997’s Come On Over is still the best-selling female album of any genre ever and the best-selling country album of all-time, has won many awards for penning music.

She has earned more than three dozen BMI Songwriter Awards, including Pop Songwriter of the Year and Country Songwriter of the Year for conjuring up "You're Still the One," "Man! I Feel Like a Woman," "From The Moment On" and "That Don't Impress Me Much," the latter of which she recently revealed was inspired by Brad Pitt’s controversial nude photo scandal.

Twain and Spears have crossed paths since “Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know.” Spears memorably sang “Man! I Feel Like a Woman” in her 2002 film Crossroads (watch below). And the two entertainers have since had successful Las Vegas residencies. Maybe a future collaboration is written in the stars?

“[A duet] would be cool," Twain proclaimed. "She's sweet. We're both blonde. Maybe I'll have to go back to brunette so that we have a little bit of variety there. Diversity.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 31 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #2
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

How did I never know Shania co-wrote this!? It seems so obvious now, not just the long song title but it does sound very Shania.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Aug 31 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I agree, listening to it now it sounds so obviously Shania. Dare I say it, I feel Shania would have done a better job. I like Britney's version but it's more suited to being an album track than a single (as it stands, it's one of my least favourite singles) and I feel Shania's power vocal would have given it a bit more oomph.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 5 2017, 02:21 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Here's the footage of this part of the interview:

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Sep 5 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #5
Let's Go Brandon
Group: Members
Member No.: 421

QUOTE(Floater @ Aug 31 2017, 03:10 AM) *
How did I never know Shania co-wrote this!? It seems so obvious now, not just the long song title but it does sound very Shania.

Flop fan!

I thought it was obvious tbh

+Quote Post
Regina
post Sep 5 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #6
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Shania and Nicki tho *.* IMAGINE THAT

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 AM