BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Coming Soon - The 2015 Great Format Consultation
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Silas
post 5th July 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Hey all!

Just a super quick word to y'all to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this and you'll have your chance to have a say on the format very shortly. Just fine tuning the exact format it'll take in the Mod Forum the now but all will be revealed shortly!!

I imagine this to take the form of a consultation. So I'll write an opening post saying what happens now and then any suggested change from the mods/GMs (if they chip any in). The idea is to give you an idea of where I/we currently are at with our thinking. It's not a concrete plan at all, it's not even a rough plan! It's just our contribution to the debate. Ideally you'll give across your opinion on the current system, what works/what doesn't, and then some suggestions/general thoughts on future direction. If you're going to be critical, as you very often are, make it constructive. Say why you feel something is shit rather than just "this is shit". I can work with a thought process. I can't work with 'this is shit'.

I'll regularly be popping in to ask questions about what you've posted, to clarify things for me, and to just keep things moving along. At the end I'll sum up everything as best as I can to get an overall feeling.

Whatever process this ends up taking, there will be a simple Yes/No vote at the end on the finalised outcome. If it's a Yes, then we'll be using the system from 78 onwards.

Yes, that's 78 and not 77. I have zero intention of rushing this through so it can be implemented in time for the next contest. I want to make sure everyone is heard and that we get a decent and future-proof system that works. Rushed bandwagons in BJSC leave us with toothless "solutions" like the BanList.

Muchos Love,

Phil/Silas.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 5th July 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Change the veto!!!!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 5th July 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

The veto is here to stay and the only thing about it that will change is the annual update of the Framework. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 6th July 2015, 04:55 AM
Post #4
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

I already asked about how the new points system would work from now on in the Suggestion Box and that's taken care of so... Just keep doing what you're doing!

(More spin-offs would be nice tho ~)

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:19 PM