BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What "Greatest Hits" albums didn't do that great
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Kelly
post 25th May 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I'm that chick you like...
User: 3

Oh I shall not call her a bag then because she's younger than Jester. laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kiseki
post 25th May 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #42
Group icon
it's all for you
User: 182

rotf.gif ! aww bless him laugh.gif how old is he then ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 26th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Leave right now or quicker
User: 508

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ May 25 2006, 07:45 PM) *

Christ! No bloody wonder, he only ever had three bloody songs that I can recall...... "Killer" (which was a collaboration with Adamski originally anyway...), "Crazy" and "Kiss From A Rose"......

Bloody short "Best Of.." album..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

But still it did much better then Alanis GH, both in US & UK.

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 26th May 2006, 02:05 PM
Post #44
Group icon

QUOTE(Matty @ May 25 2006, 09:11 PM) *

yeah, its a good album as well, I think you appreciate her songs more when there on there own albums and not a greatest hits though. Still it showed how she changed from Estoy Aqui to Suerte. mine cost £20 and it isnt the special edition I dont think

I have her first proper album Pies Descalzos, and its great, except for the portuguese tracks (she sucks when she sings in portuguese) and one track called "pienso en ti". The rest is excelent.

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 26th May 2006, 02:06 PM
Post #45
Group icon

QUOTE(Kelly @ May 25 2006, 11:15 PM) *

Oh God she looks awful. laugh.gif

I don´t think so, that was her look before she became american, so it is the way most latins remember her. I wish she comes back with the black hair one day, although I admit she looks prettier today.

+Quote this post
Kiseki
post 26th May 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #46
Group icon
it's all for you
User: 182

QUOTE(dido fan @ May 26 2006, 03:05 PM) *

I have her first proper album Pies Descalzos, and its great, except for the portuguese tracks (she sucks when she sings in portuguese) and one track called "pienso en ti". The rest is excelent.

ohmy.gif you have the edition with the portugese tracks! ohmy.gif i saw that on ebay, only available to Brazil i think. the album has a nice acoustic feel to it. My favourite are Estoy Aqui, Donde Estan Corazon, pies Descalzos Suenos Blanos, Se Quiere...Se Mata and Un Poco De Amor. i have to admit it did take me a while to get used to it, far different from all her other albums

+Quote this post
Overstaged
post 26th May 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #47
Group icon

QUOTE(Matty @ May 26 2006, 03:14 PM) *

ohmy.gif you have the edition with the portugese tracks! ohmy.gif i saw that on ebay, only available to Brazil i think. the album has a nice acoustic feel to it. My favourite are Estoy Aqui, Donde Estan Corazon, pies Descalzos Suenos Blanos, Se Quiere...Se Mata and Un Poco De Amor. i have to admit it did take me a while to get used to it, far different from all her other albums

I love these tracks, they also have great lyrics. Pies Descalzos is about the human race, Se Quiere Se Mata is about a girl who got pregnant and decided to make an aborption but it went wrong and she died, the lyrics are genial... But it seems she sells more when she talks about Hips.

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th May 2006, 10:00 AM
Post #48
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(Paul Mark @ May 25 2006, 05:23 PM) *

Bjork's GH album made the top 60 here.
It's a shame cause it has great songs on there.

well that was a xmas rush album wasn it? and think bjork is the type of act that has a fanbase who will go out and buy the albums so prob wont pick up others on the way for the hits

also there was a thing around that party starter record (think?) about a will smith hits album that got to something 84-87 at xmas but first week sales were more than an easter album that got to something like 24 - 28

+Quote this post
tigerboy
post 27th May 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #49
Group icon
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl it's Tigerboy!
User: 210

QUOTE(Kelly @ May 25 2006, 06:01 PM) *

I disagree about Alanis, some of her albums have been complete pop GOLD. wub.gif

well if your an alanis fan your not gonna say oh this is rubbish, however thats what the critics say (1 star for the acoustic thingy most places)

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:41 AM