BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> '68 Comeback and Aloha From Hawaii Single-Disc DVDs
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Tilly
post 5th June 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I just can't help believin'
User: 191

In August 2006, Elvis Presley Enterprises and Sony BMG will release the single-disc DVDs Elvis: '68 Comeback – Special Edition DVD and Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii – Special Edition DVD. These are follow-ups to the smash hit releases of deluxe edition box sets of '68 and Aloha material in 2004.

The single-disc releases are geared toward reaching the casual and potential new Elvis fans who could be interested in this material but are not ready to commit to the pricier box sets. The single-disc editions also make it possible to get the Elvis '68 and Aloha material into retail outlets that don't carry DVDs above a certain price point. These single-discs will reach a broader market than the box sets have and should make a nice contribution to the growth of Elvis fandom worldwide.

Hopefully, some special content on the single-discs will be pleasing to the serious Elvis fans who already have the box sets and anticipate something new with them in mind on the single-disc releases.

For contents and cover art see http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=1032
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
B.P.
post 8th June 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 395

Thanks Tilly. I have to say, I don't have any Elvis concerts on DVD ohmy.gif but if these came out at the right price, I would have to buy them thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 8th June 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Go for it, BP cool.gif It was watching 'Aloha From Hawaii' on TV, one Christmas Day, about 10 years ago, that re-sparked my interest in Elvis. Up until then, I have to admit to being only a casual fan, who had only heard a tiny percentage of Elvis music, notably the 'hits' that your average person had heard. I couldn't believe how amazing he was, so many of the songs he performed that day, and his voice, sent shivers down my spine wub.gif That's when I started out buying more of his albums, and I actually didn't own a copy of it until it was released on DVD in the summer of 2004. ohmy.gif And don't get me going on the Comeback Special or That's The Way It Is, because I absolutely love them!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
B.P.
post 8th June 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(tilly @ Jun 8 2006, 05:50 PM) *

Go for it, BP cool.gif It was watching 'Aloha From Hawaii' on TV, one Christmas Day, about 10 years ago, that re-sparked my interest in Elvis. Up until then, I have to admit to being only a casual fan, who had only heard a tiny percentage of Elvis music, notably the 'hits' that your average person had heard. I couldn't believe how amazing he was, so many of the songs he performed that day, and his voice, sent shivers down my spine wub.gif That's when I started out buying more of his albums, and I actually didn't own a copy of it until it was released on DVD in the summer of 2004. ohmy.gif And don't get me going on the Comeback Special or That's The Way It Is, because I absolutely love them!! wub.gif

I must admit, as much as I love Elvis' voice I could only call myself a casual fan at the moment sad.gif Mmaybe if I get these dvd's if they are released I might be spurred on the same smile.gif We shall see smile.gif

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 8th June 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon

We'll get you there, I promise dance.gif laugh.gif Believe me, he's amazing on them wub.gif I watch them all the time dance.gif

+Quote this post
BeautifulAngel
post 8th June 2006, 05:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go.
User: 188

QUOTE(B.P. @ Jun 8 2006, 03:36 AM) *

Thanks Tilly. I have to say, I don't have any Elvis concerts on DVD ohmy.gif but if these came out at the right price, I would have to buy them thumbup.gif

They are very well worth buying BP. thumbup.gif cheer.gif

+Quote this post
B.P.
post 9th June 2006, 04:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I must admit, I have been looking on Ebay and they are about £10 a piece smile.gif I might just get them anyway, I would love to see the shows on my home cinema, with the surround sound up high thumbup.gif I will take a look again when I get home from work smile.gif

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 9th June 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon

Hi BP biggrin.gif

I've seen 'That's The Way It Is' Special Edition' in the shops for £5.99 wink.gif It's a great DVD of Elvis in 1970 in Las Vegas. It follows Elvis from the MGM Studio rehearsals right through rehearsals in Vegas to the show itself dance.gif It's great to see Elvis off stage and having fun with the members of his TCB band and fantastic to see him on stage, too!! wub.gif

Actually, if you've got TCM on cable at home, they're showing TTWII tonight at 7.00pm biggrin.gif Not sure if it's the original film or the Special Edition, but if you have this channel, pop a video in now thumbup.gif

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 9th June 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Here's a clip of Elvis having fun with members of the Memphis Mafia during rehearsals for the Las Vegas shows and singing a pretty fantastic 'Mary In The Morning' too! dance.gif

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 9th June 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Actually, if you've got TCM on cable at home, they're showing TTWII tonight at 7.00pm Not sure if it's the original film or the Special Edition, but if you have this channel, pop a video in now thumbup.gif

It was the original one cheer.gif

+Quote this post
B.P.
post 10th June 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(tilly @ Jun 9 2006, 11:03 PM) *

It was the original one cheer.gif

I have a digital box at home but don't subscribe, so even if I had seen this post in time, I couldn't have watched it anyway rolleyes.gif I have also now seen The Way It Is at £5.99 on play.com thumbup.gif
Any ideas about the cheapest delux edition of the 68 comeback special?

+Quote this post
Tilly
post 10th June 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Hi BP

I have seen them cheaper before, but today, I noticed in Virgin and HMV, that Aloha was £19.99 and The Comeback Special was £32.99 wink.gif Hopefully, if these single discs are released here in August, they will be a lot cheaper thumbup.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 05:04 PM