BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
191 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Coronavirus Discussion, .. have we reached the endemic stage yet in 2022?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Doctor Blind
post Dec 2 2020, 11:02 AM
Post #1
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
Please continue discussion on the Covid-19 global pandemic in here.

Recent updates:
  • UK approves Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine

• Field hospitals reopen in Rhode Island as cases surge
Latest Coronavirus vaccine updates here: https://covidvax.org/
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 2 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
The anti-vaxxer nuts are out in full force today I see.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Dec 2 2020, 01:55 PM
Post #3
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Their #2 should be #1 in my opinion.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 2 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
It's been a while since we had a new example to use to define chutzpah so thanks are due to Alok Sharma

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Dec 2 2020, 10:09 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Have to say I do worry about the new vaccine but will get it

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 2 2020, 10:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 2 2020, 10:09 PM) *
Have to say I do worry about the new vaccine but will get it

It is perfectly safe. I can see why people might be anxious, but vaccines only take 10 years because there is minimal funding. Covid-19 has had trillions piled in to it.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Dec 2 2020, 10:14 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Yeh it’s true, how will you know if your the 10% it’s not effective on?

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Dec 2 2020, 10:20 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(Rooney @ Dec 2 2020, 10:12 PM) *
It is perfectly safe.

May I ask how you know that? Is it because the scientists say so. Well of course they're going to aren't they? Apparently two-thirds of those surveyed said they have no qualms about having it but a third said they have concerns and are undecided.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Dec 2 2020, 10:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 2 2020, 10:14 PM) *

When you get Covid and end up on a ventilator.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 2 2020, 10:54 PM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 2 2020, 10:14 PM) *

Well that's why we need a pick up-take so it kills covid off. I don't think all vaccines ate 100% effective at protecting people anyway.

QUOTE(CHRIS-TMAS @ Dec 2 2020, 10:20 PM) *
May I ask how you know that? Is it because the scientists say so. Well of course they're going to aren't they? Apparently two-thirds of those surveyed said they have no qualms about having it but a third said they have concerns and are undecided.

Because the regulators say so, people who actually base their careers off this, are entitely neutral and would be sued for negligence if it wasn't safe. I'd rather believe them than someone on Twitter who claims it's going to kill us all, with no substance whatsoever. Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for. I can understand people are concerned but people have these concerns because conspiracy nutjobs are peddling lies.

+Quote this post
Hadji
post Dec 3 2020, 12:18 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,386
QUOTE(Rooney @ Dec 2 2020, 12:34 PM) *
The anti-vaxxer nuts are out in full force today I see.

I wouldn’t say it’s the anti-vaxxers who are the problem. It’s the conspiracists who are the problem, spreading propaganda and disinformation to make anti-vaxxers. Conspiracists like Piers Corbyn and David Icke were among the protestors in London and Bristol. There was also an incident where a woman refused to close her hair salon during lockdown 2 and ended up being fined 27k and now she’s lost her business

This post has been edited by Hadji: Dec 3 2020, 12:21 AM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 3 2020, 01:08 AM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Hadji @ Dec 3 2020, 12:18 AM) *
I wouldn’t say it’s the anti-vaxxers who are the problem. It’s the conspiracists who are the problem, spreading propaganda and disinformation to make anti-vaxxers. Conspiracists like Piers Corbyn and David Icke were among the protestors in London and Bristol. There was also an incident where a woman refused to close her hair salon during lockdown 2 and ended up being fined 27k and now she’s lost her business

Well they all tarred under the same brush - they don't want to lockdown, but they don't want a working vaccine. So what DO you want!? laugh.gif A lot of this comes down to a discredited doctor who make unsustancial claims about a great vaccine all to fit his own warped agenda. The fact people believe someone who has been struck off the medical register in the UK for their lies over actual acredited doctors is something else. The guy is a sicko.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Dec 3 2020, 12:18 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(Rooney @ Dec 2 2020, 10:54 PM) *
Well that's why we need a pick up-take so it kills covid off. I don't think all vaccines ate 100% effective at protecting people anyway.
Because the regulators say so, people who actually base their careers off this, are entitely neutral and would be sued for negligence if it wasn't safe. I'd rather believe them than someone on Twitter who claims it's going to kill us all, with no substance whatsoever. Andrew Wakefield has a lot to answer for. I can understand people are concerned but people have these concerns because conspiracy nutjobs are peddling lies.

Well tbf it doesn’t kill it it just makes us immune to COVID does it not?

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 3 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
As ever, the government hasn't exactly helped itself. There is a natural sense of unease about a vaccine that has been approved in record time. That unease can only be compounded when the government tries to claim some of the credit, fuelling suspicions that the regulator has been put under pressure by a government not exactly renowned for its honesty.

Just in case they hadn't bungled it enough, we then get Johnson making ridiculous claims such as saying that we now have "the sure and certain knowledge that we will succeed" in getting life back to normal by the spring. Why does he keep making these promises that cannot possibly be delivered? The government's (highly ambitious) target is to get everyone over 50, as well as vulnerable people under 50, vaccinated by Easter. That still leaves millions more to do.

Furthermore, nobody yet has any idea how long the protection will last. If it only lasts a year (and it might not even be as long as that), another mass vaccination programme will be needed shortly after this one ends. By then, many of the venues used for the initial programme (football stadium carparks, conference centres etc.) may no longer be available as they are back (we hope) to being used for their main purpose. Of course, protection might last for five years or even more which would be fantastic news.

That is all before we get on to the rest of the world. The imminent start of a vaccination programme is very good news but we are a long way off seeing the end of this.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Dec 3 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
Well precisely, what another bullshit quote to add to the collection. Throughout the entire process they've made countless nonsensical remarks:

"virus minimal threat to the UK"
"3 weeks to flatten the curve"
"life back to normal by November"
"no second national lockdown"

Why should the sceptical now trust them with something as significant as a vaccine? They've dug their own graves here...

This post has been edited by Dobbo: Dec 3 2020, 02:40 PM

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 3 2020, 02:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Dobbo @ Dec 3 2020, 02:40 PM) *
Well precisely, what another bullshit quote to add to the collection. Throughout the entire process they've made countless nonsensical remarks:

"virus minimal threat to the UK"
"3 weeks to flatten the curve"
"life back to normal by November"
"no second national lockdown"

Why should the sceptical now trust them with something as significant as a vaccine? They've dug their own graves here...

I get people being sceptical, but lots of people are choosing to believe absolute nonsense for no reason. I agree with the Government lines, but this has been approved by the medical regulator and the rest of the word's regulators will approve the vaccine too, not because of pressure, but because of its efficiency. Of course we do not know how long immunity lasts, but the worst case scenario is it is a yearly shot, which is fine if it does not mutate.

I'll be taking the vaccine as soon as it is on offer. No one has any idea what the long term effects are of catching covid, which seem to be convinently lost from a lot of the prominent people talking about Bill Gates microchipping us etc. - I'll take my chances with a sore arm for a day or two.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Dec 3 2020, 03:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
They're still at it with this jingoistic nonsense. Disgraced former Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has claimed that the UK was first to auhorise the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine because we are "far better than any other country". Rational people might think that the fact that we shared data with the EU helped as well as the fact that, unlike the EU, we didn't bother asking for any additional data. They might also think that rather more of the credit should go to the Turkish/German and Austrian scientists who, with the help of EU funding, actually developed it.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Dec 3 2020, 05:07 PM
Post #18
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Dec 3 2020, 03:53 PM) *
They're still at it with this jingoistic nonsense. Disgraced former Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has claimed that the UK was first to auhorise the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine because we are "far better than any other country". Rational people might think that the fact that we shared data with the EU helped as well as the fact that, unlike the EU, we didn't bother asking for any additional data. They might also think that rather more of the credit should go to the Turkish/German and Austrian scientists who, with the help of EU funding, actually developed it.

Never mind out own country, even big mouth Fauci is being a big mouth twat. Who needs anti-vaxxers when you have the Top US Doctor, the melt.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post Dec 3 2020, 05:23 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177
Well we did very well to get this far without doing so, but today we sent a year group home to self isolate for two weeks.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Dec 3 2020, 05:36 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(T Boy @ Dec 3 2020, 05:23 PM) *
Well we did very well to get this far without doing so, but today we sent a year group home to self isolate for two weeks.

That's good. It will protect the rest of the school.

This post has been edited by CHRIS-TMAS: Dec 3 2020, 05:36 PM

+Quote this post

191 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:09 AM