BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Royal Family discussion Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Smint
post Jan 14 2022, 10:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
Can't see a recent thread about the Royal Family but thought would start one. Not that I'm a fan but there are a lot of events happening this year related to them. Of course the Prince Andrew allegations, the Queen's Jubilee celebrations this year and her ongoing ill health. Plus the symbolic link to her being alone on her funeral whereas Johnson and his staff partied.

Must admit slightly surprised at the speed of the monarchy stripping Andrew of his royal titles considering he claims that he is innocent of the Virginia Giuffre allegations so it seems they are prejudging the trial. Top marks to Giuffre for wanting to push it through an open court as way too many sexual abuse allegations don't get reported, especially against those in high positions of power.

I'm not a fan of the monarchy and think it's laughably outdated and of course promotes the idea that people are better than others. I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum would agree and this would become more mainstream after the Queen dies, especially as the media aren't going to be sympathetic to Prince Charles. What does everyone else think?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jan 14 2022, 11:21 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
That family of questionable morality, who've now stripped Andrew of his titles went to such great lengths to protect him. They're no better than he is.

Honestly, I hate them and when Charles takes over I would love to see that signalling the start of the monarchy being diminished. Preferably by the end of this decade, if possible.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jan 14 2022, 11:24 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
The fawning BBC with actual royal correspondemts - impartiality for when, BBTory?? - just highlights how corrupt our entire system is. Aa long as we have a landed géntry, lords and a royalty, we will never break free from what is essentially feudalism rebranded. Abolish it.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jan 14 2022, 01:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
It’s amazing how the Queen is so fawned over I fear when she goes it’s all to play for. As an Irish Repubican I believe we should all vote for a head of state even if they can sometimes be as bad at least they can be gotten rid of!

This post has been edited by Steve201: Jan 14 2022, 07:31 PM

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post Jan 14 2022, 03:16 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344
QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jan 14 2022, 11:21 AM) *
That family of questionable morality, who've now stripped Andrew of his titles went to such great lengths to protect him. They're no better than he is.

Honestly, I hate them and when Charles takes over I would love to see that signalling the start of the monarchy being diminished. Preferably by the end of this decade, if possible.

Whatever the faults of the rest of them I wouldn't say they are "no better" than an actual nonce.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 14 2022, 03:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
I won't claim credit for this joke but Charles' brother is now to be known as The Andrew Formerly Known As Prince.

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post Jan 14 2022, 04:28 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 14 2022, 03:48 PM) *
I won't claim credit for this joke but Charles' brother is now to be known as The Andrew Formerly Known As Prince.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not heard that one before, i'm stealing it!

+Quote this post
Chartfridays
post Jan 14 2022, 04:56 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 135,527
QUOTE(Smint @ Jan 14 2022, 10:12 AM) *
Can't see a recent thread about the Royal Family but thought would start one. Not that I'm a fan but there are a lot of events happening this year related to them. Of course the Prince Andrew allegations, the Queen's Jubilee celebrations this year and her ongoing ill health. Plus the symbolic link to her being alone on her funeral whereas Johnson and his staff partied.

Must admit slightly surprised at the speed of the monarchy stripping Andrew of his royal titles considering he claims that he is innocent of the Virginia Giuffre allegations so it seems they are prejudging the trial. Top marks to Giuffre for wanting to push it through an open court as way too many sexual abuse allegations don't get reported, especially against those in high positions of power.

I'm not a fan of the monarchy and think it's laughably outdated and of course promotes the idea that people are better than others. I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum would agree and this would become more mainstream after the Queen dies, especially as the media aren't going to be sympathetic to Prince Charles. What does everyone else think?

The military were rightly baying for him, if it's a choice been forcing servicemen to potentially toast a peado or hurting your grown up sons pride a bit even if by some miracle he turns out to be innocent, the choice is obvious.

This post has been edited by Chartfridays: Jan 14 2022, 04:57 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jan 14 2022, 05:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Genuine question here... what great lengths have the royal family gone to protecting Prince Andrew?

Presumably they haven't immediately cast him aside, like I can't imagine most families doing before knowing more, but they seemed to step him down from pretty much everything the moment it all broke. I haven't personally heard any statements or anything where anyone in the royal family has been protecting him or justifying what he's been accused of doing.

+Quote this post
Chartfridays
post Jan 14 2022, 10:14 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
The news of Andrew being a probable sex pest broke ages ago. Royal family have basically left him to hang himself.

Looks like Charles was the driving force behind stripping Andrew of his titles - presumably there's a lot of private anger about this if there's any suspicion he's guilty - finding out your brothers a nonce must be pretty hard on anyone without the world watching

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jan 14 2022, 10:33 PM
Post #11
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(Chartfridays @ Jan 14 2022, 10:14 PM) *
The news of Andrew being a probable sex pest broke ages ago. Royal family have basically left him to hang himself.

Looks like Charles was the driving force behind stripping Andrew of his titles - presumably there's a lot of private anger about this if there's any suspicion he's guilty - finding out your brothers a nonce must be pretty hard on anyone without the world watching

Like lots of people have already suggested, when The Queen dies I suspect there will be a turning of the Royals in terms of favourability, support etc. - Charles has done a lot more for his image in the last 15-20 years, but he will not be as well liked as The Queen. The Prince Andrew stuff casts a shadow over the whole Royal Family, clearly the guy was way too arrogant he thought he could get away with it. It's awful for the brand full stop when we are likely faced with a transition of power in the next 5 years to Prince Charles.

+Quote this post
Notorious D.O.T
post Jan 15 2022, 12:46 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The British people as a whole have a huge level of respect for The Queen. They don't for Prince Charles. I think to a certain degree they do for William and Kate.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Jan 15 2022, 12:49 AM
Post #13
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
QUOTE(Ddelita @ Jan 15 2022, 12:46 AM) *
The British people as a whole have a huge level of respect for The Queen. They don't for Prince Charles. I think to a certain degree they do for William and Kate.

They wouldn't if a certain press gag order stopped about William's behind closed doors behaviour...

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Jan 15 2022, 12:55 AM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(J00prstar @ Jan 15 2022, 12:49 AM) *
They wouldn't if a certain press gag order stopped about William's behind closed doors behaviour...

Don't think that is true, if it's about the alleged affair, that's not a gagging order, that's lawyers saying they will press libel charges unless they have proof (which they obviously don't).

+Quote this post
Smint
post Jan 15 2022, 01:03 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 124,514
QUOTE(Ddelita @ Jan 15 2022, 12:46 AM) *

I quite like Charles because despite his faults and eccentricities, he’s green and seen as woke. He won’t play to the right wing media’s nonsense a lot of the time. And if he does the institution damage by that then good on him.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2022, 10:02 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 15 2022, 12:55 AM) *
Don't think that is true, if it's about the alleged affair, that's not a gagging order, that's lawyers saying they will press libel charges unless they have proof (which they obviously don't).

He's also rumoured to be very troubled still about his mother's death, with a very bad temper and shouts a lot.

+Quote this post
Chartfridays
post Jan 15 2022, 02:01 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(cider man @ Jan 15 2022, 10:02 AM) *
He's also rumoured to be very troubled still about his mother's death, with a very bad temper and shouts a lot.

Man who lost mum as a child doesn't grow up to be perfect. Hardly story of the century.

Losing parents as an adult can be damaging enough for most people.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jan 15 2022, 10:29 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
From Mail On Sunday. Harry to sue Government.

Give me back my bodyguards: Prince Harry threatens legal action against the UK Government and demands return of taxpayer-funded security two years after Megxit drama began.

Lawyers acting for Harry, who stepped down from Royal duties two years ago, wrote 'pre-action protocol' letter to Home Office, indicating they'll seek judicial review if continued security isn't provided by UK.
If the case proceeds, it will lead to a battle in the High Court between Ministers and Prince Harry.
Queen is understood to have been made aware of her grandson's action, which is thought to be first time a member of Royal Family has brought a case against Her Majesty's Government.
Harry's decision to instruct his lawyers, Schillings, to threaten legal action against Government could inflame tensions with his family.
It also a further headache for Queen only days after she stripped Prince Andrew of his military honours and charity patronages after US judge ruled that a claim of sex abuse made against him – and vehemently denied – would proceed.

This post has been edited by cider man: Jan 16 2022, 09:29 AM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jan 15 2022, 10:49 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
He chose to quit his "duties" as a Windsor. What makes him think he should have the benefits that went with those "duties"? Perhaps the Queen will demand evidence that he really is her grandson.

+Quote this post
Chartfridays
post Jan 16 2022, 01:18 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 15 2022, 10:49 PM) *
He chose to quit his "duties" as a Windsor. What makes him think he should have the benefits that went with those "duties"? Perhaps the Queen will demand evidence that he really is her grandson.

He's asking for the right to.pay for it himself though. Whilst this is clearly a consequence of his own making, it seems a bit daft he can't pay for police protection - given he's still a royal family member it's going to be tough for him to.privately mount a operation capbale of protecting him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60012238

+Quote this post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:26 AM