BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Galaxy ● One Year On
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
___∆___
post Jul 17 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 3,155

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Jul 17 2019, 09:52 AM) *
To be fair, she did in 2007 and it bombed. It was such a shame Radio 1 made a thing about premiering the single but didn't playlist it, and then she didn't perform it on XF so the whole thing slipped by pretty much unnoticed. sad.gif

I don't realistically see how she could chart in any capacity again, to be honest.

If the likes of Louise, Amanda Holden, Emma Bunton etc., can release albums in 2019 then I think there is room for Dannii too, she’ll never be a roaring success but the interest in the re-issue of ‘Neon Nights’ proved there is still interest in her music.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 17 2019, 10:34 AM
Post #22
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I agree, a dannii album could prob do the same as the artists you mentioned, and chart with a bit of promo.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 17 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #23
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Banned
Member No.: 8,073

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jul 17 2019, 09:17 AM) *
If the likes of Louise, Amanda Holden, Emma Bunton etc., can release albums in 2019 then I think there is room for Dannii too, she’ll never be a roaring success but the interest in the re-issue of ‘Neon Nights’ proved there is still interest in her music.

Exactly. Do a pop album with a dancier edge with Terry and others, court Radio Two and milk the physical format.

But Dannii's heart is clearly not in it.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 17 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #24
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Def all that would get her a top 20 album which is good for dannii.

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jul 17 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #25
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Jul 17 2019, 01:14 PM) *
Def all that would get her a top 20 album which is good for dannii.

And tbh that’s probably why Dannii is not releasing new music - I’m sure she’s realistic about her chances of huge success and knows she would need to invest a lot of time in the UK/Europe for an album to chart 18-72-out.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 17 2019, 12:32 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

It would nice if she done it for the fans though.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Jul 17 2019, 01:19 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

With Dannii doing the 2 singles last year suggests she still has an interest in her music career.
Her fans would greatly welcome a new album too and would support her on the release with buying multiple formats.
It could potentially sell similar to the recent album release by Emma Bunton.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 17 2019, 02:39 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jul 17 2019, 12:21 PM) *
And tbh that’s probably why Dannii is not releasing new music - I’m sure she’s realistic about her chances of huge success and knows she would need to invest a lot of time in the UK/Europe for an album to chart 18-72-out.

Yup and let's be honest here - she has a good thing going with her tv career. Why would she put herself out there and be torn apart again with her music career?

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jul 17 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(tommie @ Jul 17 2019, 03:39 PM) *
Yup and let's be honest here - she has a good thing going with her tv career. Why would she put herself out there and be torn apart again with her music career?

That’s what I think - as much as i’d love new music there is minimal motivation for Dannii, she would spend months recording and promoting for what? An album that would be lucky to sell 10,000. She seems content being at home in Australia being a Mum and has just signed up as a judge on the Australian version of ‘The Masked Singer’ so is doing well with her TV career.

+Quote Post
vibe
post Jul 21 2019, 11:28 AM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,763
   No Gallery Pics

I agree

Dannii couldn’t even be bothered to do a small tour when she could have done .

Galaxy is pish .

Neon Nights is a masterpiece !!

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jul 21 2019, 04:05 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Legend

I saw Dannii on the ‘Girl’ tour in Lewisham in London - the theatre only holds 800 and she couldn’t fill it then cry.gif Despite being hugely successful in the UK she’s never hit the ‘big time’.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 21 2019, 04:31 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

Ya she never really hit it big but I dont think she toured enough in her time to build interest in her live shows.

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Jul 21 2019, 05:15 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 349
   No Gallery Pics

Not living in the UK or Australia I've always wondered why Dannii became such a big tv personality. She did The X-Factor, Got Talent, Next Top Model and soon The Masked Singer. What is her secret? Other stars would kill for a job in just one of those talent shows, but she managed to get four of them, that's amazing!

+Quote Post
___∆___
post Jul 21 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Legend

In a word - Simon Cowell laugh.gif Once she got XF and BGT it made other shows go after her.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 22 2019, 07:05 AM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Jul 21 2019, 06:07 PM) *
In a word - Simon Cowell laugh.gif Once she got XF and BGT it made other shows go after her.

To be fair - I think she's just got a personality suited for television. People like Tulisa didn't succeed with X-Factor so there's more than just being put on tv.

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Jul 22 2019, 07:05 AM
Post #36
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

I get it. We got one big name over here, too, who puts his favorites into his shows, but that doesn't mean viewers like these newbies or they stay for longer than one or two seasons... So Dannii wasn't as popular as I thought, right? If viewers had really liked her they would have bought her music like they did with Cheryl Cole when she was on The X-Factor.

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 22 2019, 07:07 AM
Post #37
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Monzo @ Jul 22 2019, 07:05 AM) *
I get it. We got one big name over here, too, who puts his favorites into his shows, but that doesn't mean viewers like these newbies or they stay for longer than one or two seasons... So Dannii wasn't as popular as I thought, right? If viewers had really liked her they would have bought her music like they did with Cheryl Cole when she was on The X-Factor.

Eh, she's barely made any attempt to translate her tv popularity onto her music career. Cheryl very much sold her solo career with X-Factor and where is she now in terms of her music career? Is she unpopular?

+Quote Post
Monzo
post Jul 22 2019, 07:30 AM
Post #38
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

I know Kylie did The Voice for just one season, but who is the better coach / judge: Kylie or Dannii? Who was more connected with her team? Was there ever any news if Dannii or Kylie supported one of her singers after the show was done or is still in touch with them?

+Quote Post
tommie
post Jul 22 2019, 07:57 AM
Post #39
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Monzo @ Jul 22 2019, 07:30 AM) *
I know Kylie did The Voice for just one season, but who is the better coach / judge: Kylie or Dannii? Who was more connected with her team? Was there ever any news if Dannii or Kylie supported one of her singers after the show was done or is still in touch with them?

There's been quite a few stories about Dannii keeping in touch with her former contestants, such as Ruth Lorenzo pirate.gif

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 22 2019, 12:23 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Idol
   No Gallery Pics

From what I have read dannii and ruth are very friendly with each other since x factor and I'm almost sure dannii sent out good luck wishes when ruth done eurovision. I loved ruth on x factor and she remains one of my all time faves from the show.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:18 PM