BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What was your first home computer?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
FreddyVerney
post Mar 2 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #1
Group icon
New Entry
User: 102,728
Mine was the old Sinclair ZX81 - the standard version had so little memory (just 1k) that it could barely display one screen of data!

Got the 16k expansion pack, but still had to spend many minutes listening to programs noisily loading from a cassette recorder. tongue.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post Mar 2 2020, 10:38 AM
Post #2
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247
I'm yet to have one and I can't remember what computer my parents had - I used it every day but it was just 'a computer' for me!

(...yes, I am a computer science student blush.gif)

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Mar 2 2020, 05:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Sinclair Spectrum ZX81 - yes I was into gaming when it was in it's infancy and it was very basic. Then I fried my brain over several days of obsessive-compulsive-non-stop playing with just me and a dumb computer and decided I'd be better off with real-world games and other people. I like to think of myself as the original computer-game OD casualty ohmy.gif

Next was an MSX Music Computer which cost the same as a decent second-hand-car, it was pushed as the next Big Thing from Japan. I'm absolutely convinced I was the only one in the entire world who bought one - cos you could only save stuff to cassette! Yes, really! Just cassette. It took forever. I still have them both......

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Mar 3 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
Commodore 64!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:00 PM